Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Joe Cannata

Plum

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
A busy day for @VanCanucks goalie Joe Cannata has also re-upped with the team
News1130 Sports ‏@News1130Sports
The #Canucks have re-signed minor league goalie Joe Cannata

Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 1h
Nux farm team goalie Joe Cannata's deal is a two-way: $600,000 at the NHL level; $80,000 in the minors. #Canucks

Oh, I really hope they keep, Tan-man!

He has been a diamond in the rough....one part of the future "youth movement" players.. who has some very valuableSC-Final NHL play-off game experience. In fact,...under pressure seems to be when Tanev is at his best. That's a very good sign... for things to come. And - his coachability is off the charts, this guy listens & executes what he's told to do to a T.

What more could you possibly want? Extra lbs...or some more offense,.. maybe. With Willie Desjardins...anything's possible & I'd like to see what's coming next.

Oh, I really hope they keep, Tan-man!

He has been a diamond in the rough....one part of the future "youth movement" players.. who has some very valuableSC-Final NHL play-off game experience. In fact,...under pressure seems to be when Tanev is at his best. That's a very good sign... for things to come. And - his coachability is off the charts,... this guy listens & executes what he's told to do... to a T.

What more could you possibly want? Extra lbs...or some more offense, maybe. With Willie Desjardins...anything's possible & I'd like to see what's coming next.

Tanev leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. He's really solid positionally, and has a good first pass. Aside from that, his offensive game is really questionable and he completely lacks any physicality in his game. It's rough to see him absorb hits all game too, he's going to end up seriously hurt at some point if he keeps playing small.

I wouldn't mind if Tanev stayed around, but I get the feeling he wants too much for what he actually brings. I wouldn't be upset if they explored other options.

As far as Cannata goes though, that's excellent. He's in a poor situation for his development being stuck behind Eriksson in Utica, but he's only 24 and a pretty solid AHL goalie so far. Lots of goalies now though, I really don't see where Markstrom fits. I believe he has to clear waivers, and even if he did he's got Eriksson and Cannata already proving themselves in the AHL. Then Lack and Miller in the NHL.

Markstrom has to be on the way out from what I can see. Should be interesting.

Yep good stuff here :)

Cannata is under rated will be good

What's really great about Cannata,...is the he has this fantastic performance-level when coming into a game from the bench. He's like a great closer... in baseball. It the starter ever faulters,... Cannata gives his team so much confidence when brought in for mop-up duty. He's never cold in those situations & often spurs his team onto miraculous come-backs.

Giving Cannata more starts in Utica will keep him happy...but even he can't deny that he helps his team out a lot...even as back-up Joe.

For this reason,... I was especially pissed that AV didnt play him in that mean-nothin' game in Alberta. The one where Hank was pulled after 22 sec to sit with other regulars in a press-box. Hank wasnt there to re-activate when the team needed him, later. The lesser-lights melted-down in the 3rd. Lu's stats were under assault It was the perfect op for Cannata demonstrate what... he does best! But, AV seemed totally unaware of his past success...in that regard.

It was Joe's 1st op to actually play minutes in an NHL game. Do you not think that the players would have rallied for rookie.. in that context? Why not give the kid his moment? NO-light bulbs went on for AV tho. The team was rocked for 8 goals against. Lu was uber-pissed, rightly so. He new the options. He got no mercy-pull , his stats we diminished for trade & the kid was robbed. If AV was message sending to Lu in some way.....it was a sucky time. Cannata's chance to appear between the pipes in an NHL game,..may not come again soo...or again. More evidence here of AV's estrangement from the players...at the end. It was his "Hertitage Classic" moment. Why those 2 coaches (AV & Torts) wouldn't capitalize on those moments to team-build more...is NO mystery. They weren't appreciating each player as a valuable asset. They were decidedly trying to move some of them along. That's my take. Am I wrong?

He's likely retiring in 4 years and may very well be a 2nd line C in ~3'ish. We need someone in the pipeline to take over sooner than later.

It's a double meaning hank is face palming. The guy thinks Tanev, markstrom and Hansen is enough for a 1st like center

Yep good stuff here :)

Cannata is under rated will be good

Cannata is very under rated,, he held the fort in Utica when Eriksonn was having some downs...I still think Cannata and Erikson in Utica and Miller and Lack on Van...which leads me to believe there is no room for Markstrom...Demko back to Boston College.

What's really great about Cannata,...is the he has this fantastic performance-level when coming into a game from the bench. He's like a great closer... in baseball. It the starter ever faulters,... Cannata gives his team so much confidence when brought in for mop-up duty. He's never cold in those situations & often spurs his team onto miraculous come-backs.

Giving Cannata more starts in Utica will keep him happy...but even he can't deny that he helps his team out a lot...even as back-up Joe.

For this reason,... I was especially pissed that AV didnt play him in that mean-nothin' game in Alberta. The one where Hank was pulled after 22 sec to sit with other regulars in a press-box. Hank wasnt there to re-activate when the team needed him, later. The lesser-lights melted-down in the 3rd. Lu's stats were under assault It was the perfect op for Cannata demonstrate what... he does best! But, AV seemed totally unaware of his past success...in that regard.

It was Joe's 1st op to actually play minutes in an NHL game. Do you not think that the players would have rallied for rookie.. in that context? Why not give the kid his moment? NO-light bulbs went on for AV tho. The team was rocked for 8 goals against. Lu was uber-pissed, rightly so. He new the options. He got no mercy-pull , his stats we diminished for trade & the kid was robbed. If AV was message sending to Lu in some way.....it was a sucky time. Cannata's chance to appear between the pipes in an NHL game,..may not come again soo...or again. More evidence here of AV's estrangement from the players...at the end. It was his "Hertitage Classic" moment. Why those 2 coaches (AV & Torts) wouldn't capitalize on those moments to team-build more...is NO mystery. They weren't appreciating each player as a valuable asset. They were decidedly trying to move some of them along. That's my take. Am I wrong?

AV and Torts did have their ways...lol.. lets hope Willie brings a whole new feel..I really believe that is half the battle with a team..if they are happy..life is good..just the opposite when they arent.

Archived