The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Sin City

Kryten

Saw and toews did leave out part of the conversation.

I am going hold off voting till later tonight as I am not sure what to make of this...

can you expand on what was left out?

K i've been contacted by supposedly the other sheriff. I think it may be a good idea for the vig to either get in contact with myself as well.

If not then VIG please target kesler for tonight so we don't have another landslide vote, that way we can start to get some people talking in here and you don't kill the other sheriff by accident.

unvote; vote GFY

is your vote based on investigation or gut feeling?.....Is there a chance of investigation later?

Lol, what? I don't know which Sheriff you are Otis, but whoever the other Sheriff is, is likely a Paranoid or Psycho Sheriff.

Honestly, I never thought GFY was mafia before, but was this a Freudian slip? It's as if he knows he's mafia and his first instinct was to deny it.

Honestly, I never thought GFY was mafia before, but was this a Freudian slip? It's as if he knows he's mafia and his first instinct was to deny it.

I've misread before.. ;)

Let's not forget my terrible "tying of the votes" when I was Mafia, and I basically saved a TP and ruined the game for my team. Actually yeah, lets forget that.

But my first instinct is always to deny it, I honestly misread what Otis said (Reason above). If I die for it, I kind of brought it on myself by not being able to read.

Hello citizens of Sin City

Davokb0.gif

Thoughts so far regarding this round:

- Hoping the med kit has been passed to a TP. The best thing in that case would be to contact Otis and give it off to one of the two sheriffs.

- I don't understand what Virtanen had to gain from PMing Toews if he was in fact TP. Toews all but sacrificed himself in the first round, there was no room to get info out of him if that's what the MVP attempted. I don't even know how it's helpful if Kesler is mafia. Did he seriously expect to learn who some of the specials are? lol. I can't wrap my head around the meaning of the PM. I eagerly wait for Tanikins to tell us what was missing.

- GFY seems oddly defeatist for someone who may be mafia. I'd pay close attention to people that vote for him quickly in order to start a bandwagon.

I don't know who to vote for yet. Virtanen seems clueless moreso than suspicious.

mfw lucy calls the MVP clueless LOL.

unvote; vote lucy

Hello citizens of Sin City

Davokb0.gif

Thoughts so far regarding this round:

- Hoping the med kit has been passed to a TP. The best thing in that case would be to contact Otis and give it off to one of the two sheriffs.

- I don't understand what Virtanen had to gain from PMing Toews if he was in fact TP. Toews all but sacrificed himself in the first round, there was no room to get info out of him if that's what the MVP attempted. I don't even know how it's helpful if Kesler is mafia. Did he seriously expect to learn who some of the specials are? lol. I can't wrap my head around the meaning of the PM. I eagerly wait for Tanikins to tell us what was missing.

- GFY seems oddly defeatist for someone who may be mafia. I'd pay close attention to people that vote for him quickly in order to start a bandwagon.

I don't know who to vote for yet. Virtanen seems clueless moreso than suspicious.

Med kit is out of the game, when the holder gets lynched the med kit leaves as well.

Been thinking about it some more. He could be trying to get into contact with the rest of the mafia team through who he may have thought was the Lackey, assuming he investigated Toews.

Still a pretty risky move to assume Toews is the lackey given he just gave him self up for you.

Can you expand? I have no clue what you mean by this post.

Kesler contacted toews likely as he thought he was one of the mafia and could get in contact with them, without him investigating a mafia using his KP I don't think he could've found his teammates otherwise so it makes sense for him to do that.

I have no clue what you mean by your lackey comment either.

frack we shouldn't have lynched Toews then. I wouldn't have if I knew that part.

how were we to know he was telling the truth about the kit though?

Under the assumption that Kesler is kingpin, as he says he is to Toews in that PM here is what I think happened:

- he investigated Toews, hoping he is mafia

- Toews shows up TP

- if I was in his place, I'd stop right there and not risk contacting him to get to the mafia team as there is a chance Toews could legitimately (up till that point) still be TP

- MVP proceeds to PM Toews anyway, calling himself the kingpin. If he thought Toews was aligned with the mafia even after an investigation that comes up TP, then he most assumed Toews was the Lackey

So my question is, what use is it to get into contact with a potential TP who may or may not be mafia who may or may not be in contact with the rest of the mafia team if he was mafia?

Gutsy/weird move to take.

Kingpin - The Kingpin is the head of the Mafia. The exact aspects to this role can vary, but generally the Kingpin will get an investigative power every two rounds. He or she will select one name, and the GM will reveal if that name is a Regular Townsperson or a Special Role (i.e. Sheriff, Doctor, Vigilante, Serial Killer). The Kingpin will also show up as "Not Mafia" to the Sheriff. However, the Kingpin cannot submit kills on the Mafia's behalf. Kryten Edit: in this game, the Kingpin investigation takes place every even-numbered round and CAN submit kills if he/she is the last mafia standing. LIKE THE LACKEY, THE KINGPIN WILL NOT START GAME IN CONTACT WITH MAFIA TEAMMATES!!!

Kingpin gets investigations on even rounds so kes was not able to investigate anyone. I think this pretty much clears your entire train of thought about the situation.

Can you expand? I have no clue what you mean by this post.

Kesler contacted toews likely as he thought he was one of the mafia and could get in contact with them, without him investigating a mafia using his KP I don't think he could've found his teammates otherwise so it makes sense for him to do that.

I have no clue what you mean by your lackey comment either.

how were we to know he was telling the truth about the kit though?

I'm pretty sure Kryten made a post about the med kit being out of the game.

Basically toews was saying he would pass him the med kit, and then kes said that toews was confirmed tp... and then it was us being invited in..

Like I said its very confusing. I don't understand why he would invite us in to the conversation if he was really mafia...but then again it is Kes we are talking about...

Sorry if I parahased wrong.. Heffy or Toews could add more...

Basically I don't know Kes motivation for doing this it kind of makes no sense if he is mafia but we know Toews is Tp.. and OTTS basically had us lynch him....

So really I am confused.

Yeah. So I'm not going to be busy after all. Which in turn I can pay a bit more attention to this thread while playing some vidja games.

I'll weigh in on Kes I guess?

Since the KP isn't in contact with someone, simply it's either:

1) He was trying to get lucky and hope Toews was Mafia so he could be put in contact with the Mafia or...

2) He's being Kes.

Archived