The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Every Canucks Jersey melded into one.

Rick Grimes

Just reminded me of how bad orange is for a hockey jersey colour....sorry, if I offended anyone in the Netherlands or FLA.

Lose the gold & orange for sure. Just no! Keep the background V. Johnny Canuck skatin' around with a stick-in-the-rink is fine. Put the orcas on shoulder patches. Done. Or... just keep what they already have.

At one time the Orca represented a former owner's Orca Bay business interests. But, like the team, in time, that Orca logo has morphed into representing so much more,..& something bigger than just VanCity. It's become very BC west-coast, multi-cultural, & cool.

Fin is also by far, the coolest mascot in the NHL. Could you ever see Fin replaced by Johnny Canuck as VAN's mascot? Not likely. Fin's so endearing & has a gazillion sight gags that are worth the price of admission. Johnny Canuck wouldn't be able to be the least bit sinister...without the political-correction gang having theri say...lol.

Now that Green Peace is no longer news & the VAN aquarium is losing another of their more popular exhibits - this may not be the most relevant mantra to use...but I say "save the whale".

Archived