The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I confess,

I ran into someone today who I had not seen in years, maybe 3-4 years, and boy was he looking good.  In a Brilac sort of Fashion, my first reaction was - cute!  He had gained weight, his hair was shorter, and was dressed nice.  We talked, where we worked, what we had been up to,  and he said he was going to the store to get dinner to bring home to his fiance`, and that they live 3 blocks from me, and how it took them a month to unpack.  I congratulated him, and was really excited for him.   Maybe this is a lesson to me that I really should not deny people who ask me out on dates and are really persistant about it, like 3-4 years ago in this case :)  I wish him all the best! :) 

14 hours ago, brilac said:

I confess,

I ran into someone today who I had not seen in years, maybe 3-4 years, and boy was he looking good.  In a Brilac sort of Fashion, my first reaction was - cute!  He had gained weight, his hair was shorter, and was dressed nice.  We talked, where we worked, what we had been up to,  and he said he was going to the store to get dinner to bring home to his fiance`, and that they live 3 blocks from me, and how it took them a month to unpack.  I congratulated him, and was really excited for him.   Maybe this is a lesson to me that I really should not deny people who ask me out on dates and are really persistant about it, like 3-4 years ago in this case :)  I wish him all the best! :) 

brilac deep down inside "**** that ho"

i confess, i'm really enjoying my new job, but it's the same as all of my other jobs before it: short staffed. it's something about me that gravitates to places who are short on staff. i've picked things up real fast and i'm quickly becoming the best asset this place has had in literally years, so i'm happy about that-- that i was able to leave the kitchen behind and find some stability, but these hours. my body hasn't processed the changes yet :x you'd think since i'm up all night that it would be perfect hours for me, but my body's like, no. that's not how it's going to work anymore

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

brilac deep down inside "**** that ho"

i confess, i'm really enjoying my new job, but it's the same as all of my other jobs before it: short staffed. it's something about me that gravitates to places who are short on staff. i've picked things up real fast and i'm quickly becoming the best asset this place has had in literally years, so i'm happy about that-- that i was able to leave the kitchen behind and find some stability, but these hours. my body hasn't processed the changes yet :x you'd think since i'm up all night that it would be perfect hours for me, but my body's like, no. that's not how it's going to work anymore

You still in the restaurant biz, no?

Sadly, short staffing is how a lot of companies 'save money' :rolleyes:

Just now, J.R. said:

You still in the restaurant biz, no?

Sadly, short staffing is how a lot of companies 'save money' :rolleyes:

i left the restaurant biz. after a mental breakdown at the end of my shift at white spot, where i actually thought about killing myself, i couldn't do that stuff anymore, because the short staff thing got to be way too much-- it just followed me everywhere i went and the working consecutive says crap, i didn't want to sacrifice my life anymore. at least at my new job, i can't go over time. we're short on staff, but with me as their newest acquisition, we're in a good place and things are starting to balance out. i'm a baker at safeway now :3

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i left the restaurant biz. after a mental breakdown at the end of my shift at white spot, where i actually thought about killing myself, i couldn't do that stuff anymore, because the short staff thing got to be way too much-- it just followed me everywhere i went and the working consecutive says crap, i didn't want to sacrifice my life anymore. at least at my new job, i can't go over time. we're short on staff, but with me as their newest acquisition, we're in a good place and things are starting to balance out. i'm a baker at safeway now :3

Yeah... the curse of working retail bro :blush: Chances are, you'll be short staffed a good chunk of the time no matter where you work.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah... the curse of working retail bro :blush: Chances are, you'll be short staffed a good chunk of the time no matter where you work.

at least here, in 2 or so years when i have some seniority, union benefits, brooo. things are so interesting, with the way i'm going, homie who trained me was like, yea you can be a manager in 2-3 years easy. im like, yeah, been there, done that. kitchen manager ****in sucked. being a commercial bakery manager would be all kinds of nightmare. but it's nice to know that i'm in a place where my work is actually appreciated where the general manager of the store is happy that i havent quit yet XD

the way i see it, like cooking, baking is another life skill thats a great tool to have

3 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

at least here, in 2 or so years when i have some seniority, union benefits, brooo. things are so interesting, with the way i'm going, homie who trained me was like, yea you can be a manager in 2-3 years easy. im like, yeah, been there, done that. kitchen manager ****in sucked. being a commercial bakery manager would be all kinds of nightmare. but it's nice to know that i'm in a place where my work is actually appreciated where the general manager of the store is happy that i havent quit yet XD

the way i see it, like cooking, baking is another life skill thats a great tool to have

Yeah, by all means Safeway/union should be better than Whitespot. Still retail though, not Utopia :lol: