The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] McCann & Cassels to miss Young Stars Classic with mono

TheRussianRocket.

That's a real bummer for these two guys. Two solid young centres who, no doubt, will be a big part of the Canucks' future.

Hey, it could be a lot worse! Remember Cody Hodgson's back?? Timing sucks but I'll take the mono over any back injury.

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure mono sucks, but they'll recover. I'd rather this than an ACL injury or something more serious.

Thats really to bad i wanted to see what these two guys could show. Really bad news for us :(

Too bad that we won't see McCann and Cassels play, but they were both headed back to Junior anyway. And mono is not very serious -- typically like the flu. Probably the biggest negative effect is fatigue because it can last a long time -- often around a month but sometimes several months -- and which makes it hard to train.

But these guys (and VIrtanen) should be fine by next year when they will all have their first legitimate shot to make the Canucks.

Too bad that we won't see McCann and Cassels play, but they were both headed back to Junior anyway. And mono is not very serious -- typically like the flu. Probably the biggest negative effect is fatigue because it can last a long time -- often around a month but sometimes several months -- and which makes it hard to train.

But these guys (and VIrtanen) should be fine by next year when they will all have their first legitimate shot to make the Canucks.

Ok i thought so but yeah hope they have a strong second half in juniors and im pretty stoaked to see them at camp next year. Esp mccann i think hes really gonna suprise people and makes us proud

The positive way I look at it is, is that with 3 of our top prospects out we still have a decent crop of young forwards. It hasn't been that way very often in the past.

Shinkaruk Horvat Valk

Fox Gaunce Jensen

That's still a really good top 6, and we'll get to focus on players that actually have a chance to play in the NHL at some point this season.

Dang it! I was at the practice today and I didnt hear about the news about Mccann. The people that were sitting around me were also wondering about him...Virtanan (please excuse my spelling of these players, I am too tired to actually look lol). Look really good for someone who is rehabbing. Cassels must be playing because he didnt have a green "no contact" jersey on. Jensen was meh, Guance has a wicked shot. Fox looks slow, Horvat is a beast! Shink is pretty dang good. I was intriqued by Stewart, as I am Hard of Hearing myself, I kind of wanted to meet him...and normally I could care less, because I met so many hockey players before and they are just another person to me now, but I want to ask Stewart questions!!!

..But this is from a practice. I am going to the game tomorrow and on Sunday too...I am sure that I will get a better look against the other prospects as they were just doing drills!

Archived