The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rob Ford has cancer.

It's not that I wish anything upon Ford, it's that the type of cancer he has is due to his weight.

People who don't take of themselves reap the rewards of it.

It's sad too, I like Ford's policies, but his politics are like a US Congressman/President muckymuck.

I wondered how long it would take for some one to use the Just-World Hypothesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis)

You need to get a check on reality "Mr. Ambien". I know it probably helps you to sleep better at night thinking that Rob Ford's cancer is due to his weight, and therefore his own fault, but you are naïve to think so. Hundreds of thousands of people get cancer every year who are FAR healthier than you. This includes Olympic athletes and the ultra rich. Children get cancer too, is it there fault also?

If you bothered to look into it, you would see that in fact Rob Ford's father died in 2006 of Colon Cancer, and this is probably genetic. No one gets cancer at 45 years old due to lifestyle choices. But whatever helps you sleep at night. #Canthandletherealworld

I wondered how long it would take for some one to use the Just-World Hypothesis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-world_hypothesis)

You need to get a check on reality "Mr. Ambien". I know it probably helps you to sleep better at night thinking that Rob Ford's cancer is due to his weight, and therefore his own fault, but you are naïve to think so. Hundreds of thousands of people get cancer every year who are FAR healthier than you. This includes Olympic athletes and the ultra rich. Children get cancer too, is it there fault also?

If you bothered to look into it, you would see that in fact Rob Ford's father died in 2006 of Colon Cancer, and this is probably genetic. No one gets cancer at 45 years old due to lifestyle choices. But whatever helps you sleep at night. #Canthandletherealworld

People under 45 are immune to cancer due to lifestyle choices?
Just blew your own rage-induced argument away with that piece. :lol:

he had a tumor in his abdomen, prolly Colon or bowel, just guessing

Stomach. Not a surprise, given he was a heavy drinker, drug user, and horrifically obese.

My Uncle's sister suffered an abdomen tumor in her stomach and she succumbed to this horrible disease. It really just eats your stomach and you get this horrific nausea/pain. And she wasn't obese. She was very healthy.

It can happen to obese.

It can happen to the healthy.

It's a disease. Nuff said. Get well soon Ford.

Oh sorry. I thought the thread's title was - Rob is a cancer.

Rob Ford may be a walking punch-line...but cancer isn't all that funny. I've loved & lost just too many people who've had to battle this disease...both young & old. Wishing Mr. Ford well in his battle for health & happiness.

I did, however, see a theatrical show written by a cancer survivor & his wife, called "This Is Cancer"....and he managed to make cancer very funny! His purpose was to not let the disease steal his own voice & thunder. He even invited audience members to vent at the weasely effigy of cancer. He very successfully diminished the fear & brought some sensitive topics to the fore for discussion. He definitely raised awareness of the frustrations of those who battle cancer & the plights of people who love & support its' victims & survivors.

Here's a review: See it if you can! The comic was legally blind. I was stunned & only learned this after the show - during a pre-arranged Q & A that followed.

http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/scene/other/2011/07/18/bruce-horak-plays-cancer-draws-rave-reviews/index.html

It's not that I wish anything upon Ford, it's that the type of cancer he has is due to his weight.

People who don't take of themselves reap the rewards of it.

It's sad too, I like Ford's policies, but his politics are like a US Congressman/President muckymuck.

My great grampa liked his wine to the very end and smoked his whole life and lived into his 90s. He was rewarded with a long, happy life :lol: Let's not be so simplistic.

Archived