The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen on the 2nd line

Off_The_Schneid!

I am new to this site but I need a little clarification on what Nicholas Bo Hunter posted. I follow the Canucks a lot and read and listen to almost everything that Linden and Jim Benning has said in interviews.. Did I miss somewhere that they posted or said that Hansen, Burrows or Higgens will not wave their NTC? PLease help. Or is it just a suspicion>

I am new to this site but I need a little clarification on what Nicholas Bo Hunter posted. I follow the Canucks a lot and read and listen to almost everything that Linden and Jim Benning has said in interviews.. Did I miss somewhere that they posted or said that Hansen, Burrows or Higgens will not wave their NTC? PLease help. Or is it just a suspicion>

He's just speculating I don't know what all three have but none of them have a non movement clause

It's very possible to trade someone with a non trade especially Hansen I believe has a limited no trade clause

Unfortunately nows not the time to trade

Low value better off holding off till teams get more desperate

Too many teams still finding out what they have

I'm posting this ahead of tonight's game because I'm confident our 2nd line will have the same outcome as previous games.

I'm tired of the same old same old burrows, Higgins line.

It didn't work last year with Kesler as the center why would it work now?

We need to inject a talented sniper to turn that line around

Bonino is a playmaker, so who is supposed to be the goal scorer on that line up?

It's not burrows so your saying Higgins is our secondary scoring.

Bonino had a breakout year last year playing with players that can put the puck in the net.

Bring up Jensen! Not because he scored a goal last night, but because he earned a spot at training camp and is one of those players that plays better on the big club. Plays better with players that can set him up.

He is the talented goal scorer that second line needs. Not only does he deliver that game changing ability but he injects some excitement to the line. That second line and bonino desperately need a guy like Jensen

Bring him up!

Your Confidence = Failure.

I simply said I was tired of our second line .

So Higgins finally scored 1 goal

I've only given bonino high praise I just want to surround him with a sniper

Higgins got one goal so the line can stay together for another week

It's still an adequate 2nd line

I never said otherwise

Just that I think Jensen would provide a better offensive punch and add an increased level of excitement to the game

I simply said I was tired of our second line .

So Higgins finally scored 1 goal

I've only given bonino high praise I just want to surround him with a sniper

Higgins got one goal so the line can stay together for another week

It's still an adequate 2nd line

I never said otherwise

Just that I think Jensen would provide a better offensive punch and add an increased level of excitement to the game

No you also said that you are confident that the 2nd line will have the same outcome vs STL as previous games.

I'm posting this ahead of tonight's game because I'm confident our 2nd line will have the same outcome as previous games.

[...]

And this is Higgins's 2nd goal and the 2nd line has combined for 5 goals (Bonino = 2, Higgins = 2, Burrows = 1) so far in 6 games. For comparison, the 1st line has combined for 7 (Vrbata = 4, Henrik = 2, Daniel = 1). Vey, Kassian and Hansen each have 2 goals, and Alex Edler has the lone goal from the blue line.

I'm tired of the same old same old burrows, Higgins line.

It didn't work last year with Kesler as the center why would it work now?

We need to inject a talented sniper to turn that line around

Bonino is a playmaker, so who is supposed to be the goal scorer on that line up?

It's not burrows so your saying Higgins is our secondary scoring.

Bonino had a breakout year last year playing with players that can put the puck in the net.

Bring up Jensen! Not because he scored a goal last night, but because he earned a spot at training camp and is one of those players that plays better on the big club. Plays better with players that can set him up.

He is the talented goal scorer that second line needs. Not only does he deliver that game changing ability but he injects some excitement to the line. That second line and bonino desperately need a guy like Jensen

Bring him up!

Jensen will be an ahl plug for the rest of his life. 6 points for the second line last night. Kassian ahead of Jensen for sure!

Leave him alone in Utica. He won't make a huge difference up here and I think he has plenty to gain from his tenure there.

For what it's worth I watched the game last night and he was the best player on the ice for either team.

Nice to hear, was hopping to get a report from someone.

No you also said that you are confident that the 2nd line will have the same outcome vs STL as previous games.

And this is Higgins's 2nd goal and the 2nd line has combined for 5 goals (Bonino = 2, Higgins = 2, Burrows = 1) so far in 6 games. For comparison, the 1st line has combined for 7 (Vrbata = 4, Henrik = 2, Daniel = 1). Vey, Kassian and Hansen each have 2 goals, and Alex Edler has the lone goal from the blue line.

Same outcome= I'm bored watching Higgins and burrows grind out 1 goal a week and have to hear how that's good 2nd line production

Edit: leave bonino out of it, I'm a big bonino fan I want him surrounded with skill

Same outcome= I'm bored watching Higgins and burrows grind out 1 goal a week and have to hear how that's good 2nd line production

Edit: leave bonino out of it, I'm a big bonino fan I want him surrounded with skill

It's too small a sample size. I goal a week is pretty good when we started the season only playing about 3 games in the first 10 days.

Wait another few weeks, if their still potting in a goal a week, then yes, make some changes.

I think the second line is supposed to produce 40-50 points each, there isn't much more you can ask for you cannot expect all the lines to produce like the first line. Which so far Higgins, Burrows and Bonino are on pace for.

Nicklas Jensen = 3G3A 6P in 17GP last season while playing with the Sedins.

He has a better shot than Higgins and Burrows, yes. But he doesn't have the defensive awareness nor the board battle skills to warrant a spot on the top 6 yet.

And his production in the AHL has to go up too. So far both Gaunce and Shinkaruk have outproduced him.

Burrows- 1 goal-3 assists-4 points in 6 games

Bonino- 2 goals-2 assists-4 points in 6 games

Higgins- 2 goals-1 assist-3 points in 6 games

Seem like respectable 2nd line numbers to me. Not great, but respectable. If Bonino, Burrows and Higgins keep that pace up for most of the year, I'll be happy.

The point is to keep the team competitive while we build our prospect pool and get them ready for the big leagues. I much prefer this route to the "Let's tank for McDavid" mindset.

Nicklas Jensen = 3G3A 6P in 17GP last season while playing with the Sedins.

He has a better shot than Higgins and Burrows, yes. But he doesn't have the defensive awareness nor the board battle skills to warrant a spot on the top 6 yet.

And his production in the AHL has to go up too. So far both Gaunce and Shinkaruk have outproduced him.

I would like to point out that its not all about points. You can get assists pretty easy and shinkaruks goal was a luck tip in. Reason why jensen's points are lower is because his line has not producedvmuch offense. Hard to do it all on his own. Cal o'reilly has had a tough start.

Archived