The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Double stabbing at Canada's Wonderland leaves 1 dead, another in critical condition

Master Mind

From CTV news:

One man is dead and another in hospital with life-threatening injuries after a double stabbing in the parking lot of Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan, Ont., early Sunday.

York Regional Police say the stabbings occurred in the Wonderland parking lot shortly after midnight, as the amusement park's Halloween Haunt event wrapped up.

One man was pronounced dead on the scene and the other was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said. He remained in serious condition in the afternoon.

Forensic investigators cordoned off a large section of the parking lot Sunday morning and remained on scene through the afternoon.

The amusement park north of Toronto remains open and has not cancelled its annual Halloween Haunt event, which runs from 7 p.m. to 12 a.m. until Halloween.

Police have not released any information on possible suspects at this time.

Detectives are asking witnesses and any others injured in the stabbings to contact police immediately.

Too many incidents in Canada recently. RIP to the one man, and hope the other pulls through.

Just because it is so close to the other tragic events that occurred this week does not lend to any sort of connection or relation... Could be a totally isolated incident.. A drug related stabbing IMO..

That's exactly what I meant by a targeted incident. I wasn't referring to it being a 'terrorist' attack nor was I making that connection.

Archived