The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

time to drop the U2 songs

Nucksfollower1983

I agree, but none of those songs or artists have anything to do with our horrific goal song today.

No need to get worked up bro

Not worked up. Just think it's moronic to say top 40 isn't timeless. A great deal of it is. One never really knows at the time what will become timeless and what won't.

Watched the Canucks vs. Hurricanes tonight and was disappointed with what I heard. I might be biased here since I am not a U2 fan, but does anyone get pumped up while hearing U2 after a goal or a win? I don't and I think there are better options. Thoughts and suggestions?

personally nothing against you. But im getting sick of these goal song threads and canucks intro song threads. Why does a team need one song as a intro or goal song. switch it up every game....who cares. Im a big fan of the U2 intro entrance but not every game. maybe just playoffs. I remember back in the early nineties there were numerous songs played. Why not throw some Gary glitter on when we score once in a while. Why not some thunderstruck for the intro once in a while. keep it fresh. it gets so cliche. One thing that must go though is the " Woooooooooooo" after a goal. its embarressing and sounds so childish.

personally nothing against you. But im getting sick of these goal song threads and canucks intro song threads. Why does a team need one song as a intro or goal song. switch it up every game....who cares. Im a big fan of the U2 intro entrance but not every game. maybe just playoffs. I remember back in the early nineties there were numerous songs played. Why not throw some Gary glitter on when we score once in a while. Why not some thunderstruck for the intro once in a while. keep it fresh. it gets so cliche. One thing that must go though is the " Woooooooooooo" after a goal. its embarressing and sounds so childish.

So your sick of the goal threads, but want the goal song changed...... Be happy there was a goal song thread, so you could post your opinion in it!

So your sick of the goal threads, but want the goal song changed...... Be happy there was a goal song thread, so you could post your opinion in it!

nope. you dont understand what im saying. there have been so many threads about goal songs and i think they are annoying. ive stated that before. im saying we dont need one single goal song. switch it up. im saying we dont need a set song. switch it up every game so we dont need to start a thread saying " i hate the goal song" . Hope this clairifies what im trying to say.

Not worked up. Just think it's moronic to say top 40 isn't timeless. A great deal of it is. One never really knows at the time what will become timeless and what won't.

That is not at all what I was implying. One day it could be a classic. Today however it is not.

When the Chicago Blackhawks skate out to Ted Nugent Strangle Hold. Or score a goal, the mad house crowd erupts and the atmosphere is electric.

No matter how much you love U2 you can not deny that we don't even come close to that.

A goal song doesn't need to be old it just needs to get the crowd chanting. It needs to be basic and recognizable enough to achieve that.

I have never heard that goal song before this season and I still have no idea what the song is called, I didn't even know U2 made it, and I can't distinguish a single word. All I can hear is a man moaning.

That is not at all what I was implying. One day it could be a classic. Today however it is not.

When the Chicago Blackhawks skate out to Ted Nugent Strangle Hold. Or score a goal, the mad house crowd erupts and the atmosphere is electric.

No matter how much you love U2 you can not deny that we don't even come close to that.

A goal song doesn't need to be old it just needs to get the crowd chanting. It needs to be basic and recognizable enough to achieve that.

I have never heard that goal song before this season and I still have no idea what the song is called, I didn't even know U2 made it, and I can't distinguish a single word. All I can hear is a man moaning.

thank you. that is all.

The Gary Glitter song that seemed to be heard in every arena and stadium for years (Rock and Roll part 2) has fallen out of favor, ever since Glitter (real name: Paul Gadd) was convicted of child abuse in Vietnam and then subsequently charged with sex offences involving two young girls, ages 12 and 14 in the UK earlier this year.

I'm assuming that it's this song people are talking about when they mention the "Hey song". It's pretty much the only thing that has kept Gadd's career going for the last several decades, but I think the gravy train has finally run off the rails for this guy and you're not likely to be hearing the song at the Rog anytime soon.

couldn't agree with this topic anymore. As a season ticket holder I hate the music in the building. everything is dance music and NOTHING you can sing along too. And I hate U2. I want a good loud goal song that you can chant too. Was just in Montreal on Saturday, now that's a goal song. Place would go insane when they played it

couldn't agree with this topic anymore. As a season ticket holder I hate the music in the building. everything is dance music and NOTHING you can sing along too. And I hate U2. I want a good loud goal song that you can chant too. Was just in Montreal on Saturday, now that's a goal song. Place would go insane when they played it

whats the goal song? just curious?

We are doing ok right now and still people need to find something to complain about. I know I have seen hundreds of threads about songs, did we really need a new one?

See what I did there?

People that complain about complaining baffle me.

ya idk why we cant have some good bands like nickelback or kk rev for our goal song

If you're not kidding: I hope you burn in hell. They're worse than U2, and that's saying a lot, because U2 is ear poison. Worse actually, ear ebola. What I want to hear and what should be played are very different, but what shouldn't be played is U "effing suck" 2 or the dreaded and disgusting nickel"I just puked in my mouth"back.

Funny you say and I totally disagree. Its pretty obvious what will become a classic and what will end up in the where are they now file.

Classic is classic and crap is crap.

Ill use U2 as an example.

It seems the majority of people here are not u2 fans. They may have been or not. Im an ex fan. Id say its safe to say that that most cdcers do not want the u2 song as a goal song.

The fact that where the streets have no name from the Joshua tree album released in '86was used as our entrance music shows what a classic is. Imo it is a great song froma great start to finish album -arguably the last complete quality start to finish album released by U2.

Nothing by U2 after that album will be a classic. Its all watered down inaffectual music made to fund Bono's eyewear fetish.

Having said all that I dont care what the goal song is. Im happy with goals being scored. In no way do I expect my musical tastes to be catered to at an event where a dj is employed to keep the general public musically appeased.

If you're not kidding: I hope you burn in hell. They're worse than U2, and that's saying a lot, because U2 is ear poison. Worse actually, ear ebola. What I want to hear and what should be played are very different, but what shouldn't be played is U "effing suck" 2 or the dreaded and disgusting nickel"I just puked in my mouth"back.

Well put good sir.

And I puke along with you.

Archived