The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat to make NHL debut versus Colorado

TheRussianRocket.

I don't see how he gets bumped from fourth line center considering how much the team has been looking to improve faceoffs.

I really like the way Vey has been playing, but he may be the one to sit for a game just because he's a rookie too, and they need centers that can win draws.

I don't see how he gets bumped from fourth line center considering how much the team has been looking to improve faceoffs.

I really like the way Vey has been playing, but he may be the one to sit for a game just because he's a rookie too, and they need centers that can win draws.

Hold on there Vey looked real good on the 2nd line last night as they looked almost Sedin like in the offensive zone. When is the last time the Canucks had the luxury of figuring out who to sit because every line is playing great.

Although he didn't play big minutes, those that he did play were very efficient minutes. 8 of 12 on the dot, skated with the Av's, used his team mates in the O zone, and his size worked to his advantage on Dorsett's goal. He might not be a huge point producer, early in his career, but this kid looks like an NHLer, and hopefully he takes Sestito's minutes starting now. Over nine in his first game that was in doubt until the floodgates opened in the third, shows something more than the 6 that Sestito got in his game previous to the Preds game.

Although he didn't play big minutes, those that he did play were very efficient minutes. 8 of 12 on the dot, skated with the Av's, used his team mates in the O zone, and his size worked to his advantage on Dorsett's goal. He might not be a huge point producer, early in his career, but this kid looks like an NHLer, and hopefully he takes Sestito's minutes starting now. Over nine in his first game that was in doubt until the floodgates opened in the third, shows something more than the 6 that Sestito got in his game previous to the Preds game.

Patrice Bergeron 2.0

One game, no points, no hits, one blocked shot, and just under 9 minutes of ice time. He did quite well on face offs (8 of 12). He did ok overall, but I really don't get all the Horvat flags waving around here over his first game. Is it desperation to have any prospect in the line up maybe??

so many people question Bo's ability to play at the next level I thought he acquitted himself pretty well, sure he has the world jr's but if we need him he's a great ace in the hole for Benning to use.

looks like the 4th line won't be made up of tired old retreads and waiver wire cast offs anymore

I'd sit Hansen next game, no offense Hansen.

One game, no points, no hits, one blocked shot, and just under 9 minutes of ice time. He did quite well on face offs (8 of 12). He did ok overall, but I really don't get all the Horvat flags waving around here over his first game. Is it desperation to have any prospect in the line up maybe??

This prospect gets it, but yes it is only one game.

I must say I think your post is the most accurate account so far Baggins. He had a pretty controlled and efficient start, no howlers and nothing spectacular but I'm happy he will step up from here over the coming games.

It's not easy for a rookie when everything happens at breakneck speed.

He is playing in a quick tempo team and you could tell at times that although he is pretty quick, it was positioning and preparing for outlet passes that he was trying to come to terms with. Some of that could be down to nerves and some of it will come with more games.

He looked like he has the taste for more in his post match interview.

Sestito got hurt during the game (I think early 2nd period) and never returned. Otherwise he would've been close to 10.

Archived