The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sharks

-Vintage Canuck-

that ice looked rough in the 1st or was the sand on the mat trick done? even the puck was bouncing weird throughout the game..home ice advantage I guess just glad nobody got hurt on it.

weird ticky tack calls on us tonight, very miniscule stick infractions.o'well onward and forward.

For anyone that hasn't seen it:

@VanCanucks:

"We came in and played two of our worst periods of the year. Miller was why we won" - @NickBonino #Canucks

B10YWFgIMAACm9L.jpg

@NickBonino:

@VanCanucks thanks to my own teams Twitter account for that pic of my sick flow. Not sure what I did to piss off whoever runs it right now!

@NoJoryous:

@NickBonino -

@SchneidersTeeth:

@NickBonino @VanCanucks you and getzlaf combine for almost one head's worth of hair

@TheStanchion:

.@NickBonino @VanCanucks Here, I classed it up for you:

B10exrzIMAA5mVY.jpg

@NickBonino:

@TheStanchion @VanCanucks that's more like it

:lol:

the corsi graph from tonight is insane

article_7a40718e-7899-4b46-86f9-0992b1e9

Completely shut down with 9 min. left. I'll take the win but damn that was nerve wracking. Dominated in our own zone all night. Can't expect to win many more playing like that.

@fearthefin:

Here's tonight's Corsi timeline, completely unedited

B10ZY6JCUAAJjgH.jpg

I am so happy that Vrbata scoring again. I was one of those annoying people who tried to check scores while watching Intersteller (which is AWESOME, btw).

I live in LA so I am actually going to my first canucks road trip game this Saturday! I hope I don't get too intimidated by the kings fans here as I went once during the 2012 playoffs and it was pretty bad... I will cheer for us!

Boys blocking more shots for Willie than they did for Fartorella.

Did Miller give up any rebounds tonight? I don't think I've ever seen a game where the goalie didn't give the opposing team a single second chance.

the sharks had a few chances, especially with the make up calls and the usual california ref show, but miller's really starting to get in to the groove with this team with his positioning and overall play is starting to look like pre-phoning it in buffalo

That was the most one sided reffing in a Canucks game in recent memory. They didn't even attempt to look fair out there. The phantom icing that almost costed the game plus the over excited ref that was pointing at the net hoping that the buzzer beater was a goal LOL its hilarious that we even won this game considering our start.

This group is finally looking like a real team battling for each other! great key goals from Edler,Vrbata and Bonino and great team effort to shut it down in the 3rd.

10-4 baby woo :frantic::emot-parrot::towel:

You mention the phantom icing. Do you remember about 10 seconds before that where the Sharks were clearly onside but the ref blew the whistle and called them offside?? I am not by any means saying the reffing was good, but It sure didn't have the most one sided reffing. Funny how everyone remembers the icing, but not the blatant onside that the Sharks got called offside for right before. So those pretty much even out. And those people saying the first goal shouldn't have counted because it was kicked in, come on, that was nowhere near as bad as the kick that we had go our way maybe half a dozen games ago (forget who it was). They changed the ruling with that. That was 100% a good goal.

The Sharks were coming off a 4 day and we were playing our 4th game in 6 nights. I figured because of that the Sharks would outplay us and they did but Miller stole the game.

I wouldn't base how we play against the Sharks from this game. I'll wait till the teams play under similar circumstances.

LA is more of a test since they have a similar schedule and I am hoping we can survive against the Ducks.

Ruthless November schedule.

Nice to see some work in the third periods now. Almost as if they have a new attitude to build up to that.

Still always scary with a few seconds to go and the opposing team has pulled the goalie.

Keep it up team!

Archived