The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sharks

-Vintage Canuck-

So am I the only one that saw how blatantly the officials tried to fix that game?

I haven't seen a fair game called vs SJ since 2010.

I know we won and we should focus on the positives but that game was HORRIBLY OFFICIATED.

Easy, tiger. It wasn't that bad. Not evern the worst of this year for a Canucks game.

The Hansen non-call was rough, but Daniel also got away with a high-stick (in the 1st, I think). Hansen was completely stupid for his retaliation after getting tripped. He could be benched for that, IMO. Bonehead move that could have cost the team the game, given SJ's good power play.

I was yelling at the refs while watching as I always do, but I give 'em a C, maybe C+ last night.

For the Canucks, way to hang on, and rescue yourselves out of a scary 1st period. There needs to be something that can be done to get these guys focussed, as they so often seem to be distracted or slow in the early part of a game. it almost felt like an afternoon game the way they started.

Let's stick it to the Kings now!!! Go Canucks Go!

Thankfully the review goes to a third party in Toronto, otherwise if the refs had their way that goal would have counted.

Did you see how frantically that ref was pointing goal last night? That guy wanted to be a hero so badly.

So funny when he had to go and call it back. His 15 seconds of being part of the show was over.

Thank you DeNiro for being the voice of reason.

Clearly time was up, that's what video review is for. Had there been no replay, they would have counted it. The ref was having a seizure of happiness calling it a goal.

I officiated hockey for 7 years and would like to think I never had purposely been biased.. but man.. Looking at that ref's posture during his call, he wanted that to be a goal sooooo bad it hurt. Unfortunately for him his dream got shot down by Toronto. You could see the disappointment in his eyes, as well as that weak wash out he made to call back the goal.

Ya the reffing in this game really wasn't that bad. Definitely wasn't good, but wasn't terrible

It is sad that some of us here have reached the point where we accept the Officiating last night as 'acceptable' .. as usual, it was sketchy for both teams .. the Officiating just canna keep up .. we need one 'on-ice' Referee and one 'In-rink' video official with direct communication, IMO

It is sad that some of us here have reached the point where we accept the Officiating last night as 'acceptable' .. as usual, it was sketchy for both teams .. the Officiating just canna keep up .. we need one 'on-ice' Referee and one 'In-rink' video official with direct communication, IMO

I dream of the day we have a video official in the nhl.

I HAVE A DREAM... THAT ONE DAY, THE NHL IS OFFICIATED WITH INTEGRITY!

If they call that blatant chop to the face by Danny in period one the game is over .. if your a Sharks fan you're probably bitching about this like some of us do. People never put themselves in the other teams position. Plain and simple hockey is almost impossible to ref and that's by design. There are 4 refs out there and 12 players, they probably miss anywhere from 20-50 possible penalties a game but some people only see one side of that.

If they call that blatant chop to the face by Danny in period one the game is over .. if your a Sharks fan you're probably bitching about this like some of us do. People never put themselves in the other teams position. Plain and simple hockey is almost impossible to ref and that's by design. There are 4 refs out there and 12 players, they probably miss anywhere from 20-50 possible penalties a game but some people only see one side of that.

people sitting at home with slow motion instant replays from 57 different angles who have never officiated a game of hockey in their lives.

Guess what folks? Its hard

people sitting at home with slow motion instant replays from 57 different angles who have never officiated a game of hockey in their lives.

Guess what folks? Its hard

So I guess by that logic we're not allowed to criticize and discuss players then either, cos you know, it's hard. Can't criticize musicians either. Or actors. Or politicians. Or...

So I guess by that logic we're not allowed to criticize and discuss players then either, cos you know, it's hard. Can't criticize musicians either. Or actors. Or politicians. Or...

I have no issues with criticism.........but fixed? Come on man!

Are you kidding me? The whole bench was even complaining about the joke of an icing call. The commentators agreed, everyone on team 1040 agrees... The officiating is fixed vs the California teams.

Watch the game next time.

So...a botched icing call = fixed?

That bad icing call, the non calls against San Jose and then immediately after a weak call against the Canucks.

While I have been making it a point to see the non calls both ways. This game was brutally in favour of the Sharks.

It was Miller Time tonight!

Sedins and Vrbata have to get better. Seriously put Burrows out there. Kassian didn't deserve to sit out. Bo was boring tonight and his line didn't really flow.

:lol:

Kassian i think was injured

the Sedins and Vrbata are top 3 combined points for any line in the NHL

Horvat won several puck battles proving he belongs in the NHL

You forgot about the amazing pass from Burr to Bones that made the game winning goal/

Canucks are winning the games they should win AND the games they shouldn't.

Gotta love the way this team is playing!

It's very naive to believe that professional sports can't possibly be rigged or, to a lesser degree, have a bit of an agenda in place.

pro soccer:

A European police agency this week made what should have been a startling announcement: Hundreds of professional soccer matches around the world may have been rigged by gamblers in recent years. But the news was greeted inside the sport less as a shock than confirmation of a rampant problem. Robert Siegel speaks with sportswriter Stefan Fatsis about the investigation.

case and point

That was the worst icing call I've ever seen, and it was made even worse when the referee's grouped up to discuss it, and still came to the same decision. The Sharks are a good team, that play hard, and fast, manhandling the Canucks for the most part. It was a tough game for the Canucks especially when the Refs gift the Sharks with four powerplays to one. Unfortunately the Refs still carry a huge bias since Burrows called one of them out. A bias is so easy to hide, as most calls are so discretionary, that can easily be explained away if brought to task. It doesn't take too many of these type of calls too affect the outcome of a game. The Ref's phantom icing call at the end of the game is a prime example, but the Canucks got lucky this time.

Archived