The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sharks

-Vintage Canuck-

Kassian i think was injured

the Sedins and Vrbata are top 3 combined points for any line in the NHL

Horvat won several puck battles proving he belongs in the NHL

Horvat is playing like he could be useful for us. Showed some good potential in that game winning battles and trying to make plays.

I'm beyond stoked that we won. We won even while handicapped by the officials, ALL NIGHT. THIS LEAGUE IS A JOKE... can the officials even be more blatantly obvious when they're trying to fix a game?

The fact that we won even with laughable officiating is a miracle. It shows how amazing this team is. Nhl needs to be ashamed of themselves... This league officiating has less credibility than Hitler and Isis.

I'm beyond stoked that we won. We won even while handicapped by the officials, ALL NIGHT. THIS LEAGUE IS A JOKE... can the officials even be more blatantly obvious when they're trying to fix a game?

The fact that we won even with laughable officiating is a miracle. It shows how amazing this team is. Nhl needs to be ashamed of themselves... This league officiating has less credibility than Hitler and Isis.

Thread's done.

Miller is awesome and I so don't miss those demoralizing weak goals and last second goals we had last year.

I thought Horvat had some great puck battles and didn't look out of place at all. I'm excited for his future.

Besides Miller, the most impressive thing with this team is the balanced scoring across the lines. Having the ability to roll 4 lines and make it count is such a luxury and will build an even stronger team as the year goes on.

This is the kind of game the Canucks would have definitely lost last year.

No WAY! That just not possible... A superstar generational player will eventually out perform our second line center???? LIES, ALL LIES...

wayne mario orr and howe are generational talents sidney is a good player but tell me when he has 3-4 more cups or 1200 more points. mcdavid is gonna be much better than crosby book it

No excuses tonight. We played awful in the first two periods, and we can thank Miller and the Hockey Gods for not losing this game.

That said, the boys played hard in the third, and really pushed back when the game closed out. The played more responsibly defensively and blocked a lot of shots. Yes, the Sharks got 36 shots, but half of them were from the outside, and San Jose likes putting a lot of pucks on net. Bottom line is that we found a way to get two points, and that's all that matters at the end.

Quick Team Asessment:

Miller: Hands down his best performance of the season.

Sedins/Vbrata: Struggled a bit, but played better in the third.

Bonino: That shot..... :shock:

Horvat: Good defensive plays. Thought he deserved some more ice time.

Hansen: Getting better and better.

Edler: Solid game with lots of ice time, a goal, blocked shots etc. Few mishaps though.

Sbisa: Great game. Threw hits, played a lot, blocked shots etc.

Bieksa: Struggled tonight. Maybe just an off game.

Everyone else: average.

The officiating was good until the final 10 minutes. What garbage. The non icing call and a bullsh** call in the final minute. No wonder the Canucks had such a hard time tonight! They were playing two teams, the Sharks and the Refs!

Not our best but we'll take it. But we'll have to be a lot more cleaner and aggressive if were going to beat the likes of Los Angeles and Anaheim.

Did anyone else notice how simply atrocious Bieksa was in the first period? I was genuinely worried that he was either physically or mentally injured because he looked completely out of it, especially in the first 5 minutes or so. Falling down, throwing the puck away in our own end, getting shoved off the puck, getting way out of position, and showing no remote sign of hustle.

I haven't seen anything like it before.

Archived