The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANUCKS @ DUCKS - November 9th, 6:00PM PST - City TV with JIM HUGHSON! - GO NUCKS GO!

2SKATES1STICK

I don't really blame the guy. He hasn't been able to have an autonomous life since he was a teenager.

I would get kind of sick of it eventually too.

true, but hes playing a game and getting paid millions to do it. Most of us live lives where we are just an average person walking down the street. If you could make millions and have security for life would you be ok dealing with media and have scrutny come your way for 10-15yrs and then live the life where money will never be an issue for the next 40 plus years of your life.

I get athletes are under the microscope especially in vancouver, but they get paid so much money if they dont like it or cant handle it then im sorry but i dont feel bad for them and the millions they make to play hockey.

Enjoyed watching Kesler played but glad we moved on, shouldnt keep players around who dont wanna be here, best of luck to him for the remainder of his career

What the? With all this newfound depth, we're already calling up... DeFazio?!?

Who are you looking to be called up for a possible insurance role to sub into the fourth line if needed?

Shink doesn't fit that role and is constantly being pushed off the puck in the AHL. Needs more time to develop and work on his strength after missing almost an entire year of hockey.

Gaunce is a possible choice but at this point in time DeFazio is a better all around hockey player although Gaunce certainly will be a better player in a year or two.

The prospects will get there but they aren't ready yet.

Not a hope in hell Canucks win this one! not nearly good enough to compete with anything but mediocre teams. If they do make playoff's will never ever get out of first round. The old boys just don't have it in them anymore...sad but true.

prediction 4-0 lose. :(

Real curious as to what our lineup is going to look like with all the injuries and all.

This road trip is taking a toll on our players.

Kenins has played well and can fill that role too. DeFazio has played extremely well and earned the call up. Gilman has been in Utica for the past few weeks and should have a good sense of what level everyone is playing at.

Question for UticaHockey...how has Zalewski played?

Question for UticaHockey...how has Zalewski played?

Zalewski is improving. He was skating around with a lot of energy but not being very effective and was a healthy scratch for a couple games. Now he seemed to slow down a little and let the game come to him and is playing a more structured game. He scored his first goal Friday in Cleveland.

I hope Big Bonino has a great game.

Go Canucks, and win it. I don't care how ugly, just win.

You mean "speedy" bonino (that'd what Damian cox, john Shannon and the rest of the eastern media who have never watched a canucks/ducks game call him).

It's official, Canucks recall Brandon DeFazio from Utica Comets.

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have recalled forward Brandon DeFazio from the AHL Utica Comets.

DeFazio, 26, has collected six points (4-2-6) in 13 games with the Comets this season. He currently ranks tied for first on Utica in goals. The 6’2”, 204-pound forward collected 34 points (17-17-34) and 106 penalty minutes in 76 games played with Utica last season.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=738442

Would love a win here more than anything. I think even though we lost yesterday, A win against the Ducks could show the league we are different from last year. Plus would love to see Keslers face after we beat him haha...

Although to be realistic, Ducks win 3-1

Archived