The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANUCKS @ DUCKS - November 9th, 6:00PM PST - City TV with JIM HUGHSON! - GO NUCKS GO!

2SKATES1STICK

What I'd like to see from the Canucks are stretch passes like Montreal does especially when they are hemmed in, I'll take the icing call if only to break the pressure from continuing its momentum, just a thought as I know Anaheim smells blood and the first period may own the outcome of the game.

Design a drinking game;

Every time Kesler dives, drink.

Every time Kesler fires a shot either high and wide right or into a defender's shinpads, drink.

Every time Burrows is called for a penalty despite not being on the ice: Drink three

Between those three, the ER summons.

Forgot to include

Every time Kesler tries to split the two defenders at the blue line and tries sniping it top corner.

Forgot to include

Every time Kesler tries to split the two defenders at the blue line and tries sniping it top corner.

Nope, that's included in the "fires high and wide top right".

Because he'll try to split the two D at the line and then fire it high and wide right.

So Perry's out, Fowler's day-to-day and Beauchemin is a game-time decision.

. No perry and looks like no fowler and no beauchemin. Early Christmas for vancouver. If they can't be Ana with out their best goal scorer and 3 of their top 4 defenseman including their #1 defenseman then I don't know what to say.

Yotes,

Every time this subject comes up someone makes this exact argument, "Paid Millions to Play a Game, Should Suck it Up and Be Happy" It is that argument and Self Entitlement that gives Vancouver a bad name among fans and players alike. It is usually followed with the excuse that "Its a Hockey Market, like Montreal and other Canadian cities" or "Fans are Passionate"

News Flash, Yotes, You are part of the problem.

Kesler is not the first or only player to chose to leave, Bure and Luongo did as well and both were vilified. Messier chose to stay and take the $18 mil. and he is the most hated ex-Canuck ever.

Why would any rich star choose to play in a town with that much of an attitude problem, when they have the option of moving to a place like Anaheim where they stand a better chance of winning AND a better quality of life?

Over in the Kassian/Hodgson thread there is talk about Hodgson complaining about his ice time, and recently the story broke about Sestito talking to management about his future. CDC lit up with cat calls about being a crybaby. Those players did not take their stories to the media, they were leaked, or maybe they were reported by media covering the team. But they were Not taken to the media by the players. The same situation took place last year with Kesler, the story was leaked coming out of the Olympics the Kesler wanted out, but he said the opposite to the media, and the story dogged him for the rest of the season.

It was no different for Pronger in Edmonton or Eakins getting harassed last year there, and Canuck fans laughed it up. The NHL reality is that Vancouver is a lot closer to Edmonton, for career/ quality of life opportunity than it is to Anaheim, LA, Chicago or even Montreal.

Life is short, and an NHL career is shorter, why would anyone waste even one year in a town that makes them unhappy, when their money and skill can take them to a happier place.

Now I know I will get roasted for this post, but in the end it will just serve to make my argument stronger.

I completely agree, most people don't take into account that constant scrutiny and attacks on your play can affect you mentally. I don't care if you're getting paid millions, millions aren't worth a life of depression for being hated in the city you live in for some bad plays in hockey. I don't care what people say, life is bigger than the NHL. Happiness has a direct affect on EVERYTHING you do. Unless we, as a fan base, can have more of a positive outlook on our team and the people that run it from management to players I don't see the amount of players being traded out decreasing at any point. You can't really blame Kesler for wanting to live a happy life and also play hockey and not having to choose one or the other. Honestly, half the posts on GDT's are negative and they shouldn't be, we are 10-5 for christ sake haha stick to the team through thick and thin while being positive. Be happy we have an NHL team to watch !

Archived