The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CANUCKS @ DUCKS - November 9th, 6:00PM PST - City TV with JIM HUGHSON! - GO NUCKS GO!

2SKATES1STICK

true, but hes playing a game and getting paid millions to do it. Most of us live lives where we are just an average person walking down the street. If you could make millions and have security for life would you be ok dealing with media and have scrutny come your way for 10-15yrs and then live the life where money will never be an issue for the next 40 plus years of your life.

I get athletes are under the microscope especially in vancouver, but they get paid so much money if they dont like it or cant handle it then im sorry but i dont feel bad for them and the millions they make to play hockey.

Enjoyed watching Kesler played but glad we moved on, shouldnt keep players around who dont wanna be here, best of luck to him for the remainder of his career

Yotes,

Every time this subject comes up someone makes this exact argument, "Paid Millions to Play a Game, Should Suck it Up and Be Happy" It is that argument and Self Entitlement that gives Vancouver a bad name among fans and players alike. It is usually followed with the excuse that "Its a Hockey Market, like Montreal and other Canadian cities" or "Fans are Passionate"

News Flash, Yotes, You are part of the problem.

Kesler is not the first or only player to chose to leave, Bure and Luongo did as well and both were vilified. Messier chose to stay and take the $18 mil. and he is the most hated ex-Canuck ever.

Why would any rich star choose to play in a town with that much of an attitude problem, when they have the option of moving to a place like Anaheim where they stand a better chance of winning AND a better quality of life?

Over in the Kassian/Hodgson thread there is talk about Hodgson complaining about his ice time, and recently the story broke about Sestito talking to management about his future. CDC lit up with cat calls about being a crybaby. Those players did not take their stories to the media, they were leaked, or maybe they were reported by media covering the team. But they were Not taken to the media by the players. The same situation took place last year with Kesler, the story was leaked coming out of the Olympics the Kesler wanted out, but he said the opposite to the media, and the story dogged him for the rest of the season.

It was no different for Pronger in Edmonton or Eakins getting harassed last year there, and Canuck fans laughed it up. The NHL reality is that Vancouver is a lot closer to Edmonton, for career/ quality of life opportunity than it is to Anaheim, LA, Chicago or even Montreal.

Life is short, and an NHL career is shorter, why would anyone waste even one year in a town that makes them unhappy, when their money and skill can take them to a happier place.

Now I know I will get roasted for this post, but in the end it will just serve to make my argument stronger.

Yotes,

Every time this subject comes up someone makes this exact argument, "Paid Millions to Play a Game, Should Suck it Up and Be Happy" It is that argument and Self Entitlement that gives Vancouver a bad name among fans and players alike. It is usually followed with the excuse that "Its a Hockey Market, like Montreal and other Canadian cities" or "Fans are Passionate"

News Flash, Yotes, You are part of the problem.

Kesler is not the first or only player to chose to leave, Bure and Luongo did as well and both were vilified. Messier chose to stay and take the $18 mil. and he is the most hated ex-Canuck ever.

Why would any rich star choose to play in a town with that much of an attitude problem, when they have the option of moving to a place like Anaheim where they stand a better chance of winning AND a better quality of life?

Over in the Kassian/Hodgson thread there is talk about Hodgson complaining about his ice time, and recently the story broke about Sestito talking to management about his future. CDC lit up with cat calls about being a crybaby. Those players did not take their stories to the media, they were leaked, or maybe they were reported by media covering the team. But they were Not taken to the media by the players. The same situation took place last year with Kesler, the story was leaked coming out of the Olympics the Kesler wanted out, but he said the opposite to the media, and the story dogged him for the rest of the season.

It was no different for Pronger in Edmonton or Eakins getting harassed last year there, and Canuck fans laughed it up. The NHL reality is that Vancouver is a lot closer to Edmonton, for career/ quality of life opportunity than it is to Anaheim, LA, Chicago or even Montreal.

Life is short, and an NHL career is shorter, why would anyone waste even one year in a town that makes them unhappy, when their money and skill can take them to a happier place.

Now I know I will get roasted for this post, but in the end it will just serve to make my argument stronger.

Completely agree with you. Whenever a Canuck gets shipped out many people on CDC act like the hurt ex-girlfriend.

Am I really doing this again? Sitting all day, waiting for the game?

Did I learn NOTHING yesterday?

Answer is: no, I did not.

#sitswaits....

Design a drinking game;

Every time Kesler dives, drink.

Every time Kesler fires a shot either high and wide right or into a defender's shinpads, drink.

Every time Burrows is called for a penalty despite not being on the ice: Drink three

Between those three, the ER summons.

I have a feeling this game is going to be ugly. Not expecting a win but I'll be pleasantly surprised if we pull one out.

Anaheim has our number, and we're on the second game of a back to back with a very banged up squad.

5-2 Ducks. Getzlaf with a goal and 2 assists because he's on my fantasy team :bigblush::bigblush::bigblush:

I have getzlaf on my team on a head to head league that I need probably a goal from him to win but I'm hoping he leaves the game with am injury.

In what world is fantasy hockey more important than the team you cheer for? Unless winner gets a paid in the tens of thousands...

Who are you looking to be called up for a possible insurance role to sub into the fourth line if needed?

Shink doesn't fit that role and is constantly being pushed off the puck in the AHL. Needs more time to develop and work on his strength after missing almost an entire year of hockey.

Gaunce is a possible choice but at this point in time DeFazio is a better all around hockey player although Gaunce certainly will be a better player in a year or two.

The prospects will get there but they aren't ready yet.

Considering we're missing players up and down the lineup, I think they're just after the best players available from Utica.

I would say the top players for callups are Jensen, Jeffrey, DeFazio, Kenins and Gaunce. In that order

I don't really blame the guy. He hasn't been able to have an autonomous life since he was a teenager.

I would get kind of sick of it eventually too.

As would I. I understand the mania in a place like Vancouver, but I would do my best to avoid it as much as possible. Who needs the aggro?

So Vrbata and Dorsett out? Is that right?

In that case:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Bonino Jensen

Matthias Horvat Richardson

DeFazio Vey Hansen

The second line chemistry really comes down to Higgins and Bonino. Throwing in a shooter on that line could work.

Burrows and the Sedins obviously have existing chemistry, so it's a safe move to put them together. Those guys have played well against the Ducks in the past.

Third line stays the same, and DeFazio slots in for Dorsett.

We knew our depth would be tested at some point this season. I'm excited to see how some of our young guys do in bigger roles.

Archived