The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthias is a beast

dalredane

Imagine what Luongo brings back to this team if he is not saddled with that ridiculous contract?

Matthias for Luongo. Great trade.

Surely the return would have been better but the canucks were up to the cap in 2011 when we went to the finals. That cap space we got from that contract took us to the finals. Otherwise we may have not fit in Torres or higgy or lappy

Surely the return would have been better but the canucks were up to the cap in 2011 when we went to the finals. That cap space we got from that contract took us to the finals. Otherwise we may have not fit in Torres or higgy or lappy

Seems that is his legacy as he spent Aqua's wad and went supernova.

Had no dough to sign Ehrhoff and brought in Garrison as a PMD replacement for Christian and Sami.

Two year Luongo saga unfolds with the loss of Cory as the result.

Gillis was like a good stone cuz when it was over there was nothing left but a looooooong withdrawal.

I think it helps that WD is behind the scenes giving guys like Matthias, who has previously made it clear he doesn't view himself as a forever 3rd or 4th line player, confidence to forget about stuff like that and just go out and earn their ice time. It's like he's saying, don't worry about where you sit on the depth chart - if you go out there and play hard, responsible hockey, I'll give you the ice time. That's happening, and as a result all of our lines are contributing.

I'm sure seeking advancement is only human nature, but right now it seems like it's all about getting the W's, and it's hard to imagine Matthias wanting to be moved anywhere on the depth chart - he's got some chemistry going on his line, they're playing well and as a result he's getting roughly the same even strength minutes as he would on the 2nd line.

I'm sure he's worked hard, but it's also just great coaching/player management.

Gillis got us Richardson and Matthias for nothing.

Just shows you he was still a good G.M.

A couple mistakes that TSN and the media ran with to make him a villain.

there's truth here; all though i doubt there are even 1% of fans who would would trade MG for JB, MG did land the team some of the assets that are producing; especially tonight.

The guy was chosen by Detroit in the second round - Detroit's scouting system isnt too shabby.

The twist is that Detroit traded Matthias' rights to Florida for none other than Todd Bertuzzi.

He showed signs of what he could do last year with his reach and size. I think that if Kassian can somehow get himself to where he was during the last 15 games of last season the combo of Kassian, Richardson and Matthias will give other teams second and third pairing dmen fits....

For the first time in a long time (other than this season) this team can roll 4 lines with confidence. That will be a real difference maker this year.

Archived