The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthias is a beast

dalredane

Totally agree with you. This kid is motivated and is a tough competitor. He uses his speed to an advantage and goes into the gritty areas to fight for puck possession. For a third liner who can also play centre he is certainly earning his salary. Why people think we ought to trade the guy doesn't make sense.

I know kassian was supposed to be our Bertuzzi... But ummm... Matthias just reminds me of Bert. I know there's differences between the two players game but I'm talking about presence on the ice and his ability as of late to finish.

Love it!

Once Kass is healthy that 3rd line will be even more of a force. Welcome to the Vancouver Canucks show.

Had a very slow start but I'm glad we didn't fire the trigger and trade him. Should definately keep him until at least the end of the season. Matthias and Richardson may have their contracts ending this year and may be replaceable (with Horvat and Gaunce), but we should try to keep hold of one of them, particularly the younger, bigger Matthias. His size and speed forechecking has caused these smaller Eastern defencemen havoc in the last couple of games and having him on a 3rd line will break playoff games wide open.

Archived