The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Matthias is a beast

dalredane

Radio.

Old hockey players don't need the eye candy you youngsters rely upon.

At one time the whole country relied upon it to follow the NHL.

Omg! I can't think of anything to say cause I can't stop laughing... This is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.. Somebody tell me this guy is trolling! Lol

Another fact about Matthias - he was on the gold medal winning Canadian Junior team in 2008. At 26 years old he is still young enough to still be on the upswing of his career.

Check out the 2008 WJ roster:

GK 1 Jonathan Bernier
GK 30 Steve Mason
D 27 Karl Alzner
D 8 Drew Doughty
D 2 Josh Godfrey
D 4 Thomas Hickey
D 3 Logan Pyett
D 23 Pernell Karl Subban
D 15 Luke Schenn
F 11 Zach Boychuk
F 18 Colton Gillies
F 28 Claude Giroux
F 32 Matt Halischuk
F 21 Riley Holzapfel
F 7 Stefan Legein
F 17 Brad Marchand
F 22 Shawn Matthias
F 34 Wayne Simmonds
F 10 Steven Stamkos
F 12 Brandon Sutter
F 20 John Tavares
F 19 Kyle Turris

Mattias is showing us what we hoped Kassian would be.

He's already better defensively and uses his body more effectively... he doesn't need to be mean, as long as he can turn over the puck and make the opposing defensemen get nervous as they hear the pitter patter of little feet.

Hopefully breaking up the current line chemistry and bringing back Kassian in place of Vey won't backfire.

Kinda makes you think about where Kas will slot in when he's healthy. Everyone is playing well right now

I think Kassian is the odd man out... the current set of forwards are playing well, we have forwards in Utica who can replace injuries...

A trade which exchanges Kassian for some one of the same age range, either 1) a big steady stay at home defenseman, or 2) a good puck moving, shooting defenseman would be worthwhile in my opinion.

At this point Matthias is playing like Kassian did in the January Febuary of last year, when he was probably the best Canuck on the ice. He had a ton of confidence, making plays all over the ice, using his speed. If we can get some semblance of these two guys playing close to their best on a consistent basis that line will be really good. They are already ana bove average 3rd line with Vey on the wing, but both him and Kass need to duke it out (not with fists) for that spot and push eachother to be better.

If it is between Vey and Kass for that 3rd line spot/4th line if Hansen gets moved up, then I feel like Vey has the better work ethic and will take that spot, but Kass probably has the higher ceiling and is more physical.

It's going to be really tough for Willy to choose which 4RW's he plays on a nightly basis if they are all healthy.

I think Kassian is the odd man out... the current set of forwards are playing well, we have forwards in Utica who can replace injuries...

A trade which exchanges Kassian for some one of the same age range, either 1) a big steady stay at home defenseman, or 2) a good puck moving, shooting defenseman would be worthwhile in my opinion.

This question has come up time and time again this season, and time and time again someone gets injured. There will be another injury, it's an 82 game season, it's inevitable.

The guy was chosen by Detroit in the second round - Detroit's scouting system isnt too shabby.

Benning liked what he saw in Boston, too. Looks like he was right.

Mattias is showing us what we hoped Kassian would be.

He's already better defensively and uses his body more effectively... he doesn't need to be mean, as long as he can turn over the puck and make the opposing defensemen get nervous as they hear the pitter patter of little feet.

Hopefully breaking up the current line chemistry and bringing back Kassian in place of Vey won't backfire.

Really good pursuit of the puck and always seems to come up with it, whether by speed, positioning, or strength. With Kassian on the sidelines, hopefully he's watching Matthias and learning. He showed what he's capable of last year, just a matter of getting back on track then... look out for that line.

Archived