[Prosposal] Swap prospects with TB

Baer.

To Vancouver:

S. Koekkoek

T. Richard

To Tampa Bay:

N. Jensen

B. Hutton

(Maybe throw in a pick if TB doesn't bite)

For me this deal solves 2 problems for 2 teams; Vancouver's lack of promising prospect dmen, And Tampa's lack of RW prospects, with exception to Adam Erne.

Koekkoek is listed by Hockey's Future as follows:

"Koekkoek is primarily an offensively oriented defenseman possessing a heavy and accurate shot. He also has solid playmaking ability, with the ability to make a good first pass out of the defensive zone as well as accurate passing in open ice. At this point, Koekkoek projects as a second-pairing defenseman with some potential to be a power-play quarterback."

Sounds like a guy we could use.

Tanner Richard is a '93 born LW putting up relatively decent numbers in the A. To me this guy is a diamond in the rough and could become a bottom-6 guy in the future.

Thoughts?

Actually, I think a 4th and 5th in alternating years more than makes this a fair deal as Tampa does indeed have a need and Hutton is a seriously promising D man who would need the kind of grooming Yzerman would enjoy giving.

Slater is a solid D prospect but that's it.

Jensen is ready to step in now and as op said Tampa needs RWs more than we do.

No word on Richards but hey, CDC always wanted a Richards right?

Actually, I think a 4th and 5th in alternating years more than makes this a fair deal as Tampa does indeed have a need and Hutton is a seriously promising D man who would need the kind of grooming Yzerman would enjoy giving.

Slater is a solid D prospect but that's it.

Jensen is ready to step in now and as op said Tampa needs RWs more than we do.

No word on Richards but hey, CDC always wanted a Richards right?

Jensen isn't ready to step in on TB.

He isn't a better player than Kucherov, Callahan, or Connolly at this point and wouldn't get playing time over them.

A 2nd might do the trick though, and I would be all for that to be honest.

Jensen isn't ready to step in on TB.

He isn't a better player than Kucherov, Callahan, or Connolly at this point and wouldn't get playing time over them.

A 2nd might do the trick though, and I would be all for that to be honest.

His speed and size alone would make him a viable top 9 RW, a given break out and he'd possibly supplant Connolly

A 2nd this year for that trade, I'd consider it. I have no decided views on Hutton except I think with the right grooming he'd be by far the best player out of that trade. Or the bigger bust

With the depth, size & sniping skill of their big club, their prospect pool is likely benefiting from the almighty trickle-down. Like the Ol' Hip tune, it's what we've been waiting on.

Yzerman's a pretty serious dude, & likely hard to fleece..yet I'm certain savvy shoppers will always scour their bargain-bins.

Sooner or later, I hope they NEED a gt.

I like the targets.

And use of a need based proposal to entice the other team.

But I don't think Jensen is quite enough to get Tampa's best defensive prospect. A 10th overall selection projecting as a top pairing two way guy, who can both score and dish physically. Not that you want to give them up, but it would probably take a more blue chip guy like Horvat or Virtanen. Kassian is the taboo, but obvious suggestion.

I see where you're coming from, but Tampa Bay just drafted 2 great defensemen in Anthony DeAngelo and Dominik Masin, both projected to be top 2 and top 4 dmen respectively. Koekkoek is hardly their best d prospect, at least not anymore. IMO Koekkoek is a lot more expendable than a season ago. And it was said before, Jensen could become a 20+ goal scorer. He doesn't have any lesser value because he was drafted later. Corey Perry was drafted 28th and we took He who shall not be named at 10th. Jensen:29th Koekkoek:10th

Koekkoek was drafted 10th overall and is a stud defenseman doing well at the AHL already only 20 years old. He should be ready to make the jump next year.

If Yzerman traded him to us for anything short of Virtanen or Horvat he would be fired. In fact, with such an over glut of offensive talent , he would probably pass on both because of it.

I see where you're coming from, but Tampa Bay just drafted 2 great defensemen in Anthony DeAngelo and Dominik Masin, both projected to be top 2 and top 4 dmen respectively. Koekkoek is hardly their best d prospect, at least not anymore. IMO Koekkoek is a lot more expendable than a season ago. And it was said before, Jensen could become a 20+ goal scorer. He doesn't have any lesser value because he was drafted later. Corey Perry was drafted 28th the same year we took He who shall not be named at 10th. Jensen:29th Koekkoek:10th

I think you got your years mixed up as to when Corey Perry got drafted. He went 28th in 2003, the year Canucks took Kesler with no. 23

Yeah you're right it wasn't the same year. not sure what I was thinking... But the point is your draft position doesn't really drescribe your skill level after a couple years of development. All players develop differently, I'm sure you've heard it before.

Based on what, exactly?

Based on Koekkoeks upside, where he was selected in the draft (which does play into a players trading value at this stage in his development), and how he has played the past couple of seasons since his shoulder injuries (now fully healed).

Koekkoek should be a top 4 D in the league and a solid PPQB. He plays a very solid all-around game, has a good hockey IQ, and has a cannon of a shot.

Jensen has been progressing nicely, and I think he will be a decent top 6 forward, but based on the fact that both players are just about on par with their development as of now, and Koekkoeks higher upside, he would certainly hold more value.

Based on Koekkoeks upside, where he was selected in the draft (which does play into a players trading value at this stage in his development), and how he has played the past couple of seasons since his shoulder injuries (now fully healed).

Koekkoek should be a top 4 D in the league and a solid PPQB. He plays a very solid all-around game, has a good hockey IQ, and has a cannon of a shot.

Jensen has been progressing nicely, and I think he will be a decent top 6 forward, but based on the fact that both players are just about on par with their development as of now, and Koekkoeks higher upside, he would certainly hold more value.

Okay. So he's worth more then. Not that he's necessarily better. Cuz that's how I read it everyone someone goes player a > player b.

Archived