The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Yeah the reason why miller has won most of his games is because of the canucks offense at the start of the year and the creampuff schedule he's had. He has 4 wins vs the oilers. He beat the oilers twice 5-4. That whole oh he let in 4 goals, but didn't let in the 5th so he's clutch defense is so dumb. If he didn't let in 4 goals in the first place then the team wouldn't need to score 5 and his "clutchness" of not letting in the 5th wouldn't even matter.

You not recognizing how poorly he's played this year is just a reflection of you only stat watching his wins instead of looking at what's really going on. It's like how the analytics showed last year the leafs were due for a collapse. Look at what happened to miller once the offense starting to dry up. He stopped winning so much. He played ok today, not great, but won again because the canucks scored 3 goals with the help of the flames own goal.

Alright man think what you want. It's fans like you that make the entire league look at Vancouver and wonder "damn, how did they manage to get rid of Schneider and Luongo". If it gets like this Miller definitely won't last three years here.

Sounds harsh, but it's fact.

1. He crapped the bed in Toronto and fell down 4-0....the game never made it to crunch-time because he wouldn't let it, even though the Canucks easily out-played the Leafs. And I'll assume you didn't see the Detroit game a 6 days earlier?

2. It means in the 2 games his save % was 93% there genius.

That game that Lack had against Tampa was sure clutch too, huh?

Philly, Montreal, actually a lot of markets are hard on their goaltenders.

But let's not put too much lipstick on it.

Miller struggled tonight.

He was pretty shaky at times - not just on the goals, and despite the sv%, he wasn't really tested a great deal with the exception of the huge save he made on Monahan.. He battled through it though - he came up with the big save to prevent this game from going full south though, and there will be games where your goaltender needs his team to pull it out for him. It's just that he hasn't given the team a chance to win for a few starts, so folks are hoping to see a bounce back performance and the team hasn't really been able to bail him out in those past few starts either. So that was a huge win in both senses.

And all in all, I personally don't really mind seeing the Lames get a point out of that game.

I've got no problem with that either

Yeah the reason why miller has won most of his games is because of the canucks offense at the start of the year and the creampuff schedule he's had. He has 4 wins vs the oilers. He beat the oilers twice 5-4. That whole oh he let in 4 goals, but didn't let in the 5th so he's clutch defense is so dumb. If he didn't let in 4 goals in the first place then the team wouldn't need to score 5 and his "clutchness" of not letting in the 5th wouldn't even matter.

You not recognizing how poorly he's played this year is just a reflection of you only stat watching his wins instead of looking at what's really going on. It's like how the analytics showed last year the leafs were due for a collapse. Look at what happened to miller once the offense started to dry up. He stopped winning so much. He played ok today, not great, but won again because the canucks scored 3 goals with the help of the flames own goal.

It's all there, folks. Good post.

Alright man think what you want. It's fans like you that make the entire league look at Vancouver and wonder "damn, how did they manage to get rid of Schneider and Luongo". If it gets like this Miller definitely won't last three years here.

Sounds harsh, but it's fact.

That's fine because Miller was never needed in the first place. Lack is a better goalie than him at this point in his career. Miller is on the decline at the end of his career and not worth 6m.

I'm wondering if you guys understand that just because we have two goaltenders it doesn't mean we have to slam one or that it's a competition....it's a duo not a rivalry. Two does not mean throw one under the bus. Two does not mean "pick one", unless you're the coach on a game day decision basis.

Support them both. Think of it as you would if you had two children. You don't say "aw my daughter's colouring SUCKS and my son is the man". You'd find something positive in both, despite their differences or shortcomings. Let's throw ourselves behind our goaltenderS. Plural. Anything less is kind of pointless? It gets SO tiresome and repetitive.

That game that Lack had against Tampa was sure clutch too, huh?

Getting done by the league's #1 sniper for a pair? It happens. Not quite like allowing 4 goals on 14 shots (and getting pulled)to a team (Leafs) you're actually outplaying. You'll also note that while the Canucks were trying to come back, and had scored a pair, Lack saved all 13 of his shots.

Getting done by the league's #1 sniper for a pair? It happens. Not quite like allowing 4 goals on 14 shots (and getting pulled)to a team (Leafs) you're actually outplaying. You'll also note that while the Canucks were trying to come back, and had scored a pair, Lack saved all 13 of his shots.

You mean when they let off the gas? Do you really want to do this? I have quite a few example just from this year alone.

That's fine because Miller was never needed in the first place. Lack is a better goalie than him at this point in his career. Miller is on the decline at the end of his career and not worth 6m.

6 million/3 years isn't elite G contract worthy so I am not too upset. I think he has played below average as of late, particularly during this skid but are offense has been worse and even more so our defense which hasn't helped him out either.

Goaltending should be the least of our worries right now because everything is so much more bad right now.

The Miller vs Lack thing is super annoying. We should be thanking our lucky stars we have the goaltending duo we do considering Gillis threw away both Luongo and Schneider. It could be much, much worse people.

And with how piss poor our offense and defense have been it is a miracle we are not battling for a lottery pick right now.

Archived