The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm not trolling anything. I'm stating that it's sad how posters like you somehow blame Miller when he saved 93% of his shots, saved a HUGE breakaway, and not blame an inept offense whatsoever.

Lack is 2-6 this year.

PLEASE QUOTE ME - Please find were I said that! I am wondering why for Miller to be good Lack has to be Bad.

It pisses me off how Vancouver fans all become goalie coaches. FOR F"S SAKE IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE POSITION YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH HARDER MENTALLY IT IS THAN BEING A PLAYER. All your mistakes usually end up in the net and on the score board while when players make a mistake it usually leads to nothing. STOP BEING SO HARD ON THE GOALIES. I bet you wouldn't last half a game in net

Amen!

I can't think of another hockey city maybe Toronto that goes after their own goalie after a win and only 2 goals against making over 93% of the saves regardless of how the goal went in.. If we lost then maybe.. But wow some canucks fans are almost as bad as the laffs fan if not worse

Philly, Montreal, actually a lot of markets are hard on their goaltenders.

But let's not put too much lipstick on it.

Miller struggled tonight.

He was pretty shaky at times - not just on the goals, and despite the sv%, he wasn't really tested a great deal with the exception of the huge save he made on Monahan.. He battled through it though - he came up with the big save to prevent this game from going full south though, and there will be games where your goaltender needs his team to pull it out for him. It's just that he hasn't given the team a chance to win for a few starts, so folks are hoping to see a bounce back performance and the team hasn't really been able to bail him out in those past few starts either. So that was a huge win in both senses.

And all in all, I personally don't really mind seeing the Lames get a point out of that game.

Philly, Montreal, actually a lot of markets are hard on their goaltenders.

But let's not put too much lipstick on it.

Miller struggled tonight.

He was pretty shaky at times - not just on the goals, and despite the sv%, he wasn't really tested a great deal with the exception of the huge save he made on Monahan.. He battled through it though - he came up with the big save to prevent this game from going full south though, and there will be games where your goaltender needs his team to pull it out for him. It's just that he hasn't given the team a chance to win for a few starts, so folks are hoping to see a bounce back performance and the team hasn't really been able to bail him out in those past few starts either. So that was a huge win in both senses.

And all in all, I personally don't really mind seeing the Lames get a point out of that game.

I agree with this post.

What I'm saying is there's a reason Miller has won most of his games. If the game is tight, he does not allow in a game-winning goal typically. He's great in crunch time.

Yeah the reason why miller has won most of his games is because of the canucks offense at the start of the year and the creampuff schedule he's had. He has 4 wins vs the oilers. He beat the oilers twice 5-4. That whole oh he let in 4 goals, but didn't let in the 5th so he's clutch defense is so dumb. If he didn't let in 4 goals in the first place then the team wouldn't need to score 5 and his "clutchness" of not letting in the 5th wouldn't even matter.

You not recognizing how poorly he's played this year is just a reflection of you only stat watching his wins instead of looking at what's really going on. It's like how the analytics showed last year the leafs were due for a collapse. Look at what happened to miller once the offense started to dry up. He stopped winning so much. He played ok today, not great, but won again because the canucks scored 3 goals with the help of the flames own goal.

i thought miller played well

people are just watching him for his flaws right now at thats all they seem to be able to see

"how dare he make a miraculous save that lets out a rebound"

like it would better for the original shot to go in, our defense didnt do him any favors acting perfect screens on both cow town goals

Yes, but he allows two game winning goals in crunch time. Miller doesn't do that.

and combined 93% What does that even mean?

1. He crapped the bed in Toronto and fell down 4-0....the game never made it to crunch-time because he wouldn't let it, even though the Canucks easily out-played the Leafs. And I'll assume you didn't see the Detroit game 6 days earlier?

2. It means in the 2 games his save % was 93% there genius.

Archived