The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Weber didn't score a goal. Don't be dumb, his stick barely grazed it.

Lol, Not sure how Hiller made 29 saves on 30 shots when he let in two goals...Good math. He made 30 saves on 32 shots actually.

Both made pretty much the same amount of saves. Miller made the big save when it mattered, Hiller didn't. Get over it.

It's how they've always done it lol. If the goalie isn't on the ice when the puck goes in, they don't count it on his individual stats. It's not like he's able to save the puck.

Maybe because they had other objectives?

Like getting McDavid.

Wow, a team decides to go a different direction because they are tanking hard for a generational talent and it somehow means Miller sucks?

That is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

You boys better go have a talk and straighten out those Sabres, because they're 6-4 in their last 10 games.

I'm wondering if you guys understand that just because we have two goaltenders it doesn't mean we have to slam one or that it's a competition....it's a duo not a rivalry. Two does not mean throw one under the bus. Two does not mean "pick one", unless you're the coach on a game day decision basis.

Support them both. Think of it as you would if you had two children. You don't say "aw my daughter's colouring SUCKS and my son is the man". You'd find something positive in both, despite their differences or shortcomings. Let's throw ourselves behind our goaltenderS. Plural. Anything less is kind of pointless? It gets SO tiresome and repetitive.

Agreed Deb..this is still carried over from GDT and no one is really proving anything...we won the game and people are still dumping on Miller..its a fact..Miller would be the first to tell you his stats are off and he is struggling..but there is no denying he is a good goalie..I have seen many come and go through this goalie graveyard and it could be a lot worse.

I'm just happy for the win. This team has proven before that they can compete. We have beat the top teams in the league. Here's hoping for a rebound and a nice winning streak.

I am also happy to get the win. But let's face it, the Canucks were lucky. The own goal was obviously a once-per-season lucky break and any game that goes to OT is pretty much a toss-up.

And this was against a team that is really struggling and was playing the second of back-to-back games on the road. In fact Calgary had lost 7 in a row in regulation. This was first point they have had in 8 games.

Bottom line: let's breathe a sigh of relief. But the Canucks still need to turn things around. Obvioiusly getting Hamhuis back soon would be huge. The Canucks have one very good pairing right now (Edler and Tanev) along with with two third pairings. And the second line needs to reappear.

Agreed Deb..this is still carried over from GDT and no one is really proving anything...we won the game and people are still dumping on Miller..its a fact..Miller would be the first to tell you his stats are off and he is struggling..but there is no denying he is a good goalie..I have seen many come and go through this goalie graveyard and it could be a lot worse.

New fans haven't been through enough of the bad times to know this.

They were spoiled with Luongo and Schneider, and now they're self entitled and crap all over the goalie any chance they can get.

Wow, a team decides to go a different direction because they are tanking hard for a generational talent and it somehow means Miller sucks?

That is a bit of a stretch, don't you think?

I don't really believe that Buffalo or any other team is "tanking". The last place team only gets a 20% chance of getting the first pick (although it will get no worse than the second pick).

And nowadays no-one, not even McDavid, is a guaranteed star at the NHL level. It is not worth being terrible for an entire season just for one high draft pick who may or may not be a star. (Look at Edmonton.)

That said, teams go through a life cycle and I agree that the Canucks should be rebuilding right now instead of trying for a "last hurrah" with an aging core. The problem is that all the NTCs and bloated contracts that Gillis signed make it hard to rebuild.

Lack will be a UFA by Miller's final year of his contract. I think by then the team will know what to do with the goal tending situation.

Right now I'd rather have Miller/Lack over Lack/Markstrom. Lack had good numbers early of last season but the latter half of the season they weren't good. I'd give Lack this season as a back up and see what happens from there.

Archived