The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings-1/1/15

William_Clarkson

We've been saying that for 2 years. This was his year to get rid of all the naysayers. How is he going to do that when we ain't playing him? This isn't a good move on Willie's part. Vey is good, don't get me wrong, but he needs time off against these kinds of teams. He's great, he's just a rookie, and rookies need time to sit out and watch the game from the press box perspective. It be beneficial for his development.

Speaking of development, Kassian needs to play because first off, he's missed a lot of games. He's definitely got that stride in him and it's only a matter of time before he's going to reach that potential. However if you don't play, you don't have a chance to show.

Unless this is according to plan and that a trade might be coming up.

On the other hand, this is Vey's chance against his old club that gave up on him. I would assume every player loves to play against their old team, show em what their missing.

Good to see Vey finally be recognized for his stellar play and well earned top six duty, unlike Kassian.

Vey has been on fire lately and has earned his playing time and is finally put in a position to succeed - second line winger.

With 4 hits in 33 games and his single goal on November 30 being his latest tally, he finally gets his well deserved chance. So glad the days of favoritism from the old regime are long gone. Well done Mr Vey.

Maybe Kassian can learn from Vey's example of how you earn an opportunity.

Let's hope so.

Guest Dasein

Makes zero sense.... Playing a big team like the Kings and healthy scratch KASS.... Wtf !

First game in weeks though.. there's bound to be rust and LA is a team that you just can't make mistakes against.

Good to see Vey finally be recognized for his stellar play, unlike Kassian.

Vey has been on fire lately and has earned his playing time and is finally put in a position to succeed - second line winger.

With 4 hits in 33 games and his single goal on November 30 even strength, he finally gets his well deserved chance. So glad the days of favoritism from the old regime are long gone. Well done Mr Vey.

Maybe Kassian can learn from Vey's example of how you earn an opportunity.

Let's hope so.

I see what you did there

I see what you did there

He's not wrong. It's been obvious from day one that Vey is Willie's guy and he can do no wrong. Nothing against Vey at all, but he's certainly not more deserving of being in the lineup over Kassian.

Archived