The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Panthers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

must of been Florida Luongo jersey cause that is the team you were cheering for

Ridiculous.

I too was at the game, and LUUUU'd at every chance I got. I also jumped up and screamed like a madman when we scored. I cheered "GO CANUCKS GO" and "LETS GO BOYS" in between every play. I contributed to the few chants that went on tonight, and tried to help start a wave during a commercial break. Much of this was despite hoe the home team was playing as well! Most people around me were in the same boat too.

By you logic, my support of Luongo overshadows all of my support for the Canucks as a whole, and means I cheered for the Panthers? Stop crying and go to bed. Roberto deserved every cheer he got tonight.

This fan base is beyond pathetic.

Worst fans after the Leafs. I'm disgusted. I want a refund. Im done for tonight or I'll probably get banned.

But the same freaking +&(~( that are Luuuuing all night are the same idiots that booed lui on the heels of the second president trophy win vs the Ducks when he got pulled.

I swear to my families grave, I won't spend a single penny going to a canucks game again.

This fan base is beyond pathetic.

You sure all the people Luuing were the same people that ran him out of town? You know you're part of this fanbase that you call pathetic right.

LOL at all of you people who think the fans were the worst performance of the night. Sorry we didn't bandwaggon like the rest of you and invested time into loving the players that were the heart and soul of the team. Luongo turned this franchise around, and you're pissed because they were happy for him?

Grow up. He gave us 8 solid years. Give him one night and put your panties away.

This. The Canucks didn't show up for this game and as a team, were nowhere near ready to play tonight.

Nobody is saying the fans were the worst performance or the reason Florida one. We're saying it's embarrassing for a fanbase to cheer (all game) for an opposition player. Save that sentimental crap for the pregame.

Only reason probably why the fans did it was because it just felt right to Luu once again. I was at the game and I did it. Only because it felt right to Luu again and it was something we missed. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't cheering for FLorida to win, that's just stupid and to have people commenting that we were cheering for Florida are morons. My section at the very least tried to start chants but nothing came to it. Crowd was dead because the players were dead. Can't get any energy if our guys aren't playing hard.

One thing I saw tonight at the game which I've never seen before. They were changing some advertising on the boards in between periods, and I think behind the benches.

Gotta maximize the profit I guess. Also, $7.50 for a personal size pizza with 4 small pieces of pepperoni on it, WHAT THE HELL!

That's why I don't eat in Rogers Arena. The only thing that's really worth my money is probably something at White Spot or popcorn, but even then it's a bit of a stretch. Beer is like $8 for domestic draft and it's like in a small plastic cup. Eat elsewhere before going to the game.

Just watched the game on PVR and...Wow

That was just sad. We looked slow, tired and old out there tonight. The PPs were abysmal. Just a terrible game all around.

That's why I don't eat in Rogers Arena. The only thing that's really worth my money is probably something at White Spot or popcorn, but even then it's a bit of a stretch. Beer is like $8 for domestic draft and it's like in a small plastic cup. Eat elsewhere before going to the game.

I usually get the bacon cheese burger combo from White Spot. For $10.25 its a pretty fair deal and it fills me up. The grilled cheese concession looked interesting, very pricey though.

horvat looked like the only guy really trying out there. i was dozing off for most of the second half of the second period. the whole team was just brutal. it was to the point where AJ and i were yelling at the TV because that PP was the drizzling ****s

He definitely was the bright spot out there.

Real fans acknowledge their former players once during a game. If their team is suffering, they rally behind them and cheer so that the team can feed off the positive energy.

The Canucks fans who cheered for Luongo's every save are poor excuses for fans. Especially if they booed Kesler.

No wonder other fan bases laugh at Vancouver's. A game where the majority of jersey wearing people were cheering louder for the opposing team's goaltender. Only in Vancouver.

Real fans acknowledge their former players once during a game. If their team is suffering, they rally behind them and cheer so that the team can feed off the positive energy.

The Canucks fans who cheered for Luongo's every save are poor excuses for fans. Especially if they booed Kesler.

No wonder other fan bases laugh at Vancouver's. Who wouldn't?

you butthurt anti-Luongo crybabies are hilarious

The. Canucks. Played. Like. Crap

end of story, the fans wanted something to cheer and the team wasn't giving them anything to cheer for so they cheered the guy that was a huge part of our team for 8 years and brought this team back from the dead in 2006-2007

nobody was cheering AGAINST the Canucks that is just fracking ridiculous

if the Sedins got traded they would get a similar reception their first game back, would you be bitching then? no, cause it isn't Luongo.

So Lu gets his win vs the Canucks meaning he's beaten every team in the league. He was bound to do that eventually, might as well be in the homecoming. I would have preferred a Canucks win, but oh well.

Seeing that Lu wanted the win more than all the Canucks combined, that's why I was always a big fan of his. Win or lose, the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve, and it shows. I didn't expect him to throw a punch at Dorsett, too bad he didn't do that to Byfuglien back in the day :lol: .

Funny that the same fans who booed him, were cheering him on all night. Glad to see him get some appreciation, even if it is a little late. Good on Lu to give away his stick at the end. Class act.

Would have been fitting if this game went to a shootout, but hopefully the Canucks learn from this. Need to get that 'will to win' attitude, we'll need it down the stretch.

So Lu gets his win vs the Canucks meaning he's beaten every team in the league. He was bound to do that eventually, might as well be in the homecoming. I would have preferred a Canucks win, but oh well.

Seeing that Lu wanted the win more than all the Canucks combined, that's why I was always a big fan of his. Win or lose, the guy plays with his heart on his sleeve, and it shows. I didn't expect him to throw a punch at Dorsett, too bad he didn't do that to Byfuglien back in the day :lol: .

Byfuglien has about 80lbs on Dorsett lol

No wonder other fan bases laugh at Vancouver's. Who wouldn't?

Luongo and Kesler are different. Luongo says he has great memories here and regrets not winning a cup because it's important to the people. Whereas Kesler totally walked out on the team. He says that this team is "a couple of years away from contending" and that he "wants to win now". You can see why one is cheered and other is booed.

No wonder other fan bases laugh at Vancouver's. A game where the majority of jersey wearing people were cheering louder for the opposing team's goaltender. Only in Vancouver.

Y'know, the term real fans gets tossed around so much here that it's gotten to the point where there are NO REAL FANS at all.

This is an actual conversation that happened when my gf walked into the room tonight:

her - "Oh how's the game going?"

me - "Not good. They're playing terribly and are down by two, but they did just get this five on three powerplay."

her - "Oh, that's good." (watches for 20 sec or so) "I don't get it, shouldn't they be trying to score now?"

me - "Yeah you're right, I'll get those dinner dishes."

I only watched half the game (2nd and first half of 3rd) and I still demand that hour and a half back.

Eh, I know it's a popular excuse but I think they've got their annual flu bug floating around. Still I worry that this team's dominant adjective is getting to be casual.

i think you've smoked too many philly-blunts, Why don't you chill out and stop repeating the same crap over and over, I was @ the game and I 'Luu'd' all I could, understanding it's probably a 1 time thing....

Having said that, The Nucks gave the fans absolutely nothing to cheer about, How about they give us a reason? or how about taking a page out of Luongo's book, who says time and time again that he motivates himself. (who play's in front of a pretty crap Florida crowd.)

I cheered and showed appreciation to a player who helped changed the culture of this franchise, for that alone I am grateful and If that makes me any less of a fan than I really don't give a f, sue me.

PS Watching the 5-3 would give you many reasons to cheer, right?

i think you've smoked too many philly-blunts,

he must have mixed his spliff with liquor to go on this all day rant about luongo xD

i'll agree it must have sucked for miller when luongo was getting all the praise. i'm sure he understood, but as a competitor, you want those fans on YOUR side-- even though luongo is this supposed national treasure

lu fans should really eff off and go follow florida....

some people here love lu more then the team, and those are the pathetic "fans" we could use less of.

this will be LU's biggest highlight for the rest of his career. Florida has like 15~ fans that care? hope he enjoys the obscurity, and losing. nobody cares about him anymore, except a couple of LU fangirls of CDC

Archived