The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

SuperBowl Thread (GDT)

canuckster19

Also my sisters friend has a friend(my sister knows him too) that works for the Seahawks. My sisters friend is staying at the same hotel as the Seahawks and says we might be able to meet SE of the players.

That's awesome.

I met Sherman in his rookie pre season and Browner at the same game.

I'd imagine the bigger names like Wilson, Sherman, Lynch will have their personal handlers with them and not many people will get near them, but still, anyone is better than no one!

Looking forward to your pictures when you get back :)

I am quite happily sitting on the fence in this. My son's a devoted Patriot's fan and I always sort of cheer for Seattle...saw a game live once and it was incredible.

As a NY Giants fan, I'm looking for something to cheer about so....GO SUPERBOWL.

Deb, you spelled Patriots wrong! That or your auto correct spelled SUPERBOWL by accident!! ;)

^what?

Any chance that you and your stupid gif can get out of this thread and stay in the other one ... that's why this one was started.

He can post wherever he pleases so is there any chance that you and your stupid attitude get out of this thread and stay away form the NFL? Thanks.

^what?

I like talking to myself!! Actually Raoul, initially spelled Patriots without the "r". I made a joke about it, but realized when I quoted it, the "r" was there.

Basically unbeknownst to me, he had edited it between the time I first read the page and hit quote. The "r" continued to show up in his post as missing until the browser's cache on my computer finally cleared itself.

Instead of just editing my first post, for some reason I just made a new one. I'm crrrrrraaazzzzyyy! B)

Who is Shaun Alexander?

one of the best running backs to ever play the game. way better than "beast mode" IMHO.

Who was the QB before Hasselbeck?

Either Warren Moon or John Kitna... pretty sure it's Kitna, but it's still early and i haven't had my coffee yet.. but seriously, you have to go back to the turn of the century to be a non-bandwagoner? that doesn't make sense

one of the best running backs to ever play the game. way better than "beast mode" IMHO.

Either Warren Moon or John Kitna... pretty sure it's Kitna, but it's still early and i haven't had my coffee yet.. but seriously, you have to go back to the turn of the century to be a non-bandwagoner? that doesn't make sense

You're right. It was Kitna. He backed up Moon while he was here, then took over after Moon left. Damn the Seahawks have had some crap QB's.

Hawks are pretty lucky to have grabbed Lynch after Alexander had injuries catch up with him.

You're right. It was Kitna. He backed up Moon while he was here, then took over after Moon left. Damn the Seahawks have had some crap QB's.

Hawks are pretty lucky to have grabbed Lynch after Alexander had injuries catch up with him.

Not really. The Bills had gotten tired of him so he was traded away for a song, because the coach and the GM wanted him out. The Seahawks decided that they could put up with him and made the trade. It paid off for them.

Ask most Bills fans and they/we would still tell you that they/we wouldn't want him back.

Does Alexander still have the single season rushing record? Or did Chris Johnson break it? I think the latter

I like talking to myself!! Actually Raoul, initially spelled Patriots without the "r". I made a joke about it, but realized when I quoted it, the "r" was there.

Basically unbeknownst to me, he had edited it between the time I first read the page and hit quote. The "r" continued to show up in his post as missing until the browser's cache on my computer finally cleared itself.

Instead of just editing my first post, for some reason I just made a new one. I'm crrrrrraaazzzzyyy! B)

Yeeeeeeaaaaah I'm a sneaky bugger...

Also, did someone actually ask who Shaun Alexander was??

Does Alexander still have the single season rushing record? Or did Chris Johnson break it? I think the latter

he never had it. he won a single season, but it was never the highest of all time.

Season	Winner		Team			Yds.	Games
1984	Eric Dickerson	Los Angeles Rams	2,105	16
2012	Adrian Peterson	Minnesota Vikings	2,097	16
2003	Jamal Lewis	Baltimore Ravens	2,066	16
1997	Barry Sanders	Detroit Lions		2,053	16
1998	Terrell Davis	Denver Broncos		2,008	16
2009	Chris Johnson	Tennessee Titans	2,006	16
1973	O. J. Simpson	Buffalo Bills		2,003	14
1980	Earl Campbell	Houston Oilers		1,934	16
1994	Barry Sanders	Detroit Lions		1,883	16
2005	Shaun Alexander	Seattle Seahawks	1,880	16
or do you mean the record for most single season TD's? yeah he had that in 05 with 27, but it was broken the next year by Tomlinson, but that has stood ever since.

Archived