The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'm laying the Smackdown for the doubters: Bo is the next Canucks Captain

*Buzzsaw*

here's a better prediction:

next season, horvat will become the canucks' most valuable all-around forward. he will score ~15g 25a 40p, he will be one of the teams top penalty killers, he will take virtually every important defensive zone draw, he will match up against the opponents best line, he will be on the ice in the waning minutes to protect leads, he will get power play time (split between anchoring the 2nd unit and winning draws and being a net presence on the top unit), and he will finish top 5 in the league in face off % at around 59%.

Why be concerned about something that is years away from happening?

I could see this being more of a hot-button topic in the last year of Henrik's contract. Realistically there is no way to know if Horvat is even going to be here when that happens (I really hope he is).

Case in point: The masses were rolling out the red carpet for Cody not too long ago, proclaiming him the next captain...and I think we are all pretty well acquainted with what happened there.

That's what I predicted about Hodgson too during his second year... (Who exhibited all these qualities before the whole dad debacle).

We'll see.

Totally different skillset... I don't seem to remember coho winning the majority of his facoffs against the nhls best... I also don't remember coho having the postisioning and ability to read the plays on the ice as well as Bo either. Like I said two different players. If you didn't see that Cody was soft and lacked motivation that is not our fault :)

Alright, I am going way out on a limb... but I am also confident I am right.

Bo Horvat is going to be the Canucks next Captain after Henrik.

This kid has all the qualities that define a leader...

-He is modest

-He never panics or loses his composure

-He is a teamplayer

-He is very popular with his team-mates

-He gets the team going with his offensive and drive

-He is solid defensively

I used to think a good nickname for his would be "The Rock"... but someone else on the board came up with a better one. The way he plays, the way he goes to the net:

Bo "The Bull" Horvat

I fully agree.

Let's let him finish his rookie season before we anoint him the second coming of Linden. too high expectations can be a bad thing. Let the kid develop on his own rate.

Edit: We don't want to be the oilers and expect every kid to be the saviour. Let his game develop. He will have his growing pains.

This kid is better than linden

I guess Buzzsaw ignored or didn't bother to read the 182 pages in the Bo Horvat Talk Prospects thread.

Him and every other poster on here lately... Never seen so many redundant threads... If ppl just want to gloat or state their opinion. Why can't they add it to a thread that is already made? Or perhaps a status update??

This thread is about how good Bo is.

I personally haven't been this stoked about a new Canuck since the Sedins arrived.

We have plenty of threads about how good Bo is. Yours is just telling us on top of that that you've anointed him captain even though he's years away and anything could change.

I don't think there's anyone here on CDC that disagrees that Bo is doing very well this year and has the leadership qualities required for captain in future, but we're also all aware of how highly Hodgson's leadership qualities were talked up after he was drafted.

Take a chill pill and relax, they don't vote in the next captain based on the number of threads/posts about a player on CDC. Let's just wait and see how it all pans out.

Yes. I was not attacking your grammar mistake, but the idea that people seem to become defensive about making one (in this case, the meme you posted) and accusing other people who correct them of being grammar police, which seems to leads to people just giving up on basic english. All humans make mistakes, but some accept their mistake and learn from it, while others become defensive and hostile about their mistake.

I hope the distinction is clear to you.

Edit: There is more to life than winning online meme battles. Sleep off some of the beer.

That wasn't clear at all and appeared you were attacking him.
I think the point should be more that Ice Cube there doesn't need to make his only comment in this thread so far solely about the grammar of another poster - especially when he (I assume ironically) posted with much worse grammar of his own.

As was intended, he's trolled the poster of the first comment and derailed your discussion on Horvat into talking about grammar nazis instead.

When?

I didn't see him take it any further then scrapping and defending his linemates, after which he would calmly skate to the bench or back into position.

Case in point USA vs Canada game in which a scrap breaks out between Eichel's and Virtanen's line for which Virtanen backs off after getting physical, while Nurse takes a bad penalty for being a real hothead.

He wasn't just just a part of those scrums at the WJC, he instigated half of em by taking shots at guys after the whistle. Anyways, you'll see it when he hits the ice for us regardless. No point in arguing over the guy now.

Alright, I am going way out on a limb... but I am also confident I am right.

Bo Horvat is going to be the Canucks next Captain after Henrik.

This kid has all the qualities that define a leader...

-He is modest

-He never panics or loses his composure

-He is a teamplayer

-He is very popular with his team-mates

-He gets the team going with his offensive and drive

-He is solid defensively

I used to think a good nickname for his would be "The Rock"... but someone else on the board came up with a better one. The way he plays, the way he goes to the net:

Bo "The Bull" Horvat

I believe he already has a nickname. They call him 'The Ox'. Which I think is more suiting and better. no offense

Archived