The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Halifax Plot

Ghostsof1915

What is going on in the world today? When I was 19 I was glad to be finished high school and looking for direction for my working life.

What is going on that young adults are looking to kill others and then commit suicide?

These questions need to be asked. Where were the parents in all this?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/randall-steven-shepherd-lindsay-kantha-souvannarath-charged-in-halifax-shooting-plot-1.2957685

The internet provides people the means to be insane and have people tell them they are doing the right hing from anywhere in the world. It's an epidemic, but also one where we would need to violate privacy rights to prevent, which is not going to work for the rest of the world who are a little less bonkers.

Sad to see that people think this will solve their problems, but glad to see someone had the courage to call the police. I hope it wasn't the person who died.

That this was stopped is an immensely great thing.

The bad thing is they refuse to label this a terrorist plot.

If 5 people are hell bent on destruction and death in a city wide environment have a plan and arms to actually commit such a deed.

This is indeed a terrorist plot as it is terrorizing an entire city full of people.

If 5 people are hell bent on destruction and death in a city wide environment have a plan and arms to actually commit such a deed.

This is indeed a terrorist plot as it is terrorizing an entire city full of people.

On accounta no Abdullahs involved...

Depends on if they planned this to advance an ideological goal or not.

Kinda crazy. I know the girl who lives right next door to the guy who offed himself. Needless to say, she was pretty rattled.

Also 7 idiots decided to play with some slingshots by the mall that the shooters were going to target. That caused quite the commotion.

Depends on if they planned this to advance an ideological goal or not.

This.

Terrorism by definition needs a political goal. Mass murder, in itself, is not terrorism.

If these people just wanted to hurt and shock people, that's not terrorism.

We don't know the motives here yet, but from what I've seen so far, out looks like the pursuit of notoriety was the motive. Not terrorism.

This.

Terrorism by definition needs a political goal. Mass murder, in itself, is not terrorism.

If these people just wanted to hurt and shock people, that's not terrorism.

We don't know the motives here yet, but from what I've seen so far, out looks like the pursuit of notoriety was the motive. Not terrorism.

This is why these terms should not exist in the first place.. they're so ambiguous and not always clear cut.

It's like the term anti-semitism..

So a kid commits suicide to justify a bad bill?

Huh?

You need to reread what I wrote. I did not mention anything about suicide, just that details from this are being deliberately withheld. If you want to take the RCMP's word as gospel that's your right, but I prefer to analyze the angles as the truth these days becomes so skewed. I'm going to enjoy my freedom of speech while it still lasts in our country. To each their own though

Who cares what the label of it is?

You need to reread what I wrote. I did not mention anything about suicide, just that details from this are being deliberately withheld. If you want to take the RCMP's word as gospel that's your right, but I prefer to analyze the angles as the truth these days becomes so skewed. I'm going to enjoy my freedom of speech while it still lasts in our country. To each their own though

I look for facts, not truths. You say the timing is suspicious, as well as not divulging full information. It is however an active investigation, I wasn't aware the police give regular press updates on active investigations. You seem to be implying this is some type of government plot in conjunction with the bill. Which is why I brought up the kid committed suicide as to questioning how the timing could be in question? I despise diminishing our freedoms due to fear. But I'd rather have all the facts before rushing to judgement either way. All I pointed out is why are we getting this way to where people what to commit multiple murders and commit suicide, and especially among people so young and have so much life ahead of them?

To paraphrase Indiana Jones: You want truth, go take a philosophy course.

Archived