The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ranking the strength of the divisions.

vcrguy

The Pacific is always referred to as one of the best in the league, but I just don't see it.

As of today every division has 3 teams with 70 or more points except for ours, which has 1.

The second place team in our division would be in 5th or 4th in all the other divisions.

Our division constantly has two of the weakest teams in the NHL.

My division rankings are:

Central

Atlantic

Metropolitan

Pacific

The Pacific is always referred to as one of the best in the league, but I just don't see it.

As of today every division has 3 teams with 70 or more points except for ours, which has 1.

The second place team in our division would be in 5th or 4th in all the other divisions.

Central

Atlantic

Metropolitan

Pacific

68 views and no replies (as of now)...................its too true to comment on. The truth hurts my friends!

Central

Atlantic

Metropolitan

Pacific

I agree were no longer the best division! But maybe the best team in the ducks and cant count out LA ever and flames and canucks wild card and sharks LOL looking forward to there new choke this playoffs :lol:

Imo the best way to judge divisions is based on ROW (Regulation and Overtime Wins). Get rid of the loser point or ties (shootouts).

Based on some quick calculations.

Atlantic

ROW: 186

Games Played: 444

Win %: 0.419

Metropolitan

ROW: 193

Games Played: 443

Win %: 0.436

Central

ROW: 181

Games Played: 394

Win %: 0.459

Pacific

ROW: 161

Games Played: 395

Win %: 0.415

I think the Central is the best Division top to bottom this season. The Pacific is a strong div as well though, the Pacific has a few teams who are aging and defo on their way down ladder in terms of their rank in the division, they have a couple teams who are(Anaheim) or should still be (LA) peaking in terms of sucess. Come playoff time, Im sure LA will still be a team that nobody wants to have to face. Calgary is up and coming and have strong seasons to come for sure, yes we do have Arizona and Edmonton which really drag the division down in terms of win percentage and total points, plus these 2 teams serve to prop up their divisional opponents in terms of "gimme" points. But overall I think the Pacific is the second toughest division in the NHL this season.

Archived