The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Nicklas Jensen Be the Guy We Need?

thejazz97

Nicklas Jensen  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's shown flashes of brilliance in the NHL and the AHL, but his numbers haven't been that stellar this year. Do you think he can step up his Pro game, will we have to acquire someone, or should we wait until next year for Virtanen, 1st Rd. Pick, or a FA?

He had that short, fairly impressive stint last year. This numbers this year in the AHL are better than last years' by a bit. But for being on one of the top teams in the AHL, I was hoping for better numbers from him. Then again he was barely a ppg player in junior. It's going to take him quite some time. One of those project players more than anything.

Mcmillan is somehow higher on the chart. lol Willie D I love his system but boy oh boy, do I HATE his decisions.

Mcmillan has how many goals in the nhl?

Weber has been horrible still not benched. Sanguienetti is a offensive D-man

Kassian will be benched somehow, before Jensen comes in.

these are some really bad decisions by our rookie coach, AND whats even funnier is how some fans on here manage to find a way to support the decisions.They say things like,"maybe the coach knows best" Umm okay Weber has been a minus player, in the Minnesota game in the last minute he passed the puck to the minny player who just missed the net. I swear, the decisions of Willie D need to be fixed up but I do love the system and the overall guy he is.

Thought he should have made the team by trading vets preseason

But the canucks are doing better this season then I thought so maybe it was the right move

Nonetheless Jensen brings skill and youth that is exciting to watch

I would rather have Jensen in the line over ;

Higgins

Hansen

McMillan

Burrows

Richardson

All 5 of those players are the same boring player

But the canucks are doing better this season then I thought so maybe it was the right move

Higgins

Hansen

McMillan

Burrows

Richardson

You're right about that, they are all the same. But we need some of those guys (Higgins, Richardson). But I get the frustration with McMillan.

Jensen is still only 21 - so I'd have to say, have patience with him because he has the precise toolset this team needs. A big, fleet sniper. He put up outstanding numbers in the SEL (comparable to the twins at that age) - was the premier sniper at his age in Sweden - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the kind of production he is managing as a 21 year old in the AHL - better than .5 ppg is very respectable - and the Comets are a strong club, but not a high scoring team, so I think that's worth keeping in mind when you look at the numbers of guys like Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk.

I have little faith in the hopes of Jensen becoming an elite forward. Fringe top 6. I think he might be like Matthias and peak in his mid/late 20's in to a big solid NHL'er but I just don't see the high end skill set.

I remember guys thinking Mason Raymond was going to be a top 6 30 goal guy, too.

I have little faith in the hopes of Jensen becoming an elite forward. Fringe top 6. I think he might be like Matthias and peak in his mid/late 20's in to a big solid NHL'er but I just don't see the high end skill set.

I remember guys thinking Mason Raymond was going to be a top 6 30 goal guy, too.

I'm hoping, if this is true, that he turns into a Voracek-type player -- while we still have him.

Higgins

Hansen

McMillan

Burrows

Richardson

burrows has been fire lately.....

Mcmillan is somehow higher on the chart. lol Willie D I love his system but boy oh boy, do I HATE his decisions.

Mcmillan has how many goals in the nhl?

Weber has been horrible still not benched. Sanguienetti is a offensive D-man

Kassian will be benched somehow, before Jensen comes in.

these are some really bad decisions by our rookie coach, AND whats even funnier is how some fans on here manage to find a way to support the decisions.They say things like,"maybe the coach knows best" Umm okay Weber has been a minus player, in the Minnesota game in the last minute he passed the puck to the minny player who just missed the net. I swear, the decisions of Willie D need to be fixed up but I do love the system and the overall guy he is.

Do you have anything better to do then bash the Canucks? We're short four D men. We need Weber right now. Jensen's done squat, and Mcmillan is experienced. How many goals does Jensen have in both the NHL and AHL? Not many. Also Kassian's done good recently, but before this stretch of play, there was good reason to scratch him.

Higgins

Hansen

McMillan

Burrows

Richardson

At least the 5 boring players are 2 way players and play the PK....Jensen is -12 on the Comets,worst on the team.

At least the 5 boring players are 2 way players and play the PK....Jensen is -12 on the Comets,worst on the team.

It sounds like he's a 1st line type of guy who doesn't have enough skill to be there yet... at least in Utica. Maybe something will click in the big leagues

Higgins

Hansen

McMillan

Burrows

Richardson

youre an idiot...

Archived