The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen, and how important he is to this team.

Odd.

The so called 'hands of stone', a name popular by many CDCers, has done it again.

I just want to express my acknowledgement to Hansen. Where would this team be without him? He's such an important piece to our line-up. He can kill penalties, chip in goals, and has a great influence to the young guns.

He's surpassed last year's abysmal point production. He has 24 points, in 58 games played. Fine, he has a -3 in a rather stupid stat in plus/minus.

But the thing about Hansen is that I don't always look at what he has in his stats column in terms of production. When I see Hansen, I see a guy that can cover almost about anything, he's got great natural speed, he's got a great two-way game, an important piece to our P.K, chips in goals here and there, and a thing that stands out the most other than things he brings, is energy. He brings energy to the line-up. He's always going at it, just an exciting player you'd want in your bottom 6. Every team in the NHL would be all over a guy like Hansen.

During these recent stretches, he's been far more noticeable. That line of Kenins/Horvat/Hansen to me has been the line of the month. Hansen hasn't been getting the love Kenins/Horvat have been getting. If anything, without Hansen's hard fore-checking, quick dump and chase he loves to use as he's usually faster than the opposing opponent, and the way he creates havoc around the net and the boards, many of those Horvat/Dorsett goals wouldn't have happened.

He's so valuable to the team. Words cannot express how good he is to our team. You have to see it for yourself. The little things, the major things, Hansen gets the job done and that's what you can really ask for of a player that plays his heart out every game and gives it his all; day in, and day out. And this is why I really can't stand Hansen being in on the proposals. He's such an amazing player to have in your bottom 6. He's been vital to our bottom 6. Vital to our team in general, and vital to the overall heart of our team. And this kind of stuff that Hansen brings is exactly the stuff you want our young guns to get a hold off; eventually rub off.

Players with 'hands of stone' don't provide the above. If the naysayers actually watch the Canucks, they'll hopefully recognize that 'hands of stone' players are guys like Brian McGrattan, not Hansen.

;)

Great read +1. I love to watch Hansen play hockey. As you say he proves he is valuable to the team. Plays his heart out as does Burrows. Unfortunately, there are those that have yet to realize what he actually contributes to the team over all. Those same people only favor those who score the goals rather than pay attention to those who prevent goals from being scored.

I am with you all the way on this one buddy. :)

That is some serious man-crush that this dude^^^^has on Hansen.

Hansen is a fine player, provides lots of energy, good on PK, versatile enough to slot up and down the line up, but if JB can package him in a deal to get a bonafide second line scoring forward I'd gladly pay for the cab fare to take Hansen to the airport.

Goody for you

He has also quietly collected 6 points in his last six games while being a major short handed contributor.

Seventh in team scoring,rarely takes a penalty and all for $1.5m.

Not bad for a player picked up in the 9th round

You damned right. He is well worth that money for all that he gives each game. Trustworthy, consistent and valuable to our bottom six.

I think this is Hansen's best year as a Canuck. His hands are better and he is showing more skill. As usual, he has speed to burn and he's not afraid to hit. Besides that, he like Burrows and Higgins are very versatile. He can play on the fourth or third line and even the top 2 lines if we are having injury problems. I like how he is able to be one of our top penalty killers; he's also a threat short handed. Versatile players like Hansen are difficult to replace. His cap hit isn't too bad either.

That is some serious man-crush that this dude^^^^has on Hansen.

Hansen is a fine player, provides lots of energy, good on PK, versatile enough to slot up and down the line up, but if JB can package him in a deal to get a bonafide second line scoring forward I'd gladly pay for the cab fare to take Hansen to the airport.

Thats exactly what OP is talking about.

Winning teams need players like Hansen. He has speed and a tenacious forecheck which this team sorely needs.

Look's like this post was 'bad' timing wasn't it? :P

You could say that. I'm just a huge fan of Hansen/Burrows and what they bring to the table. Obviously that contract for Burrows is not that good looking, but hey, it's Burrows.

Yes. I could also say:

Hansen injured Miller tonight.

The so called 'hands of stone', a name popular by many CDCers, has done it again.

I just want to express my acknowledgement to Hansen. Where would this team be without him? He's such an important piece to our line-up. He can kill penalties, chip in goals, and has a great influence to the young guns.

He's surpassed last year's abysmal point production. He has 24 points, in 58 games played. Fine, he has a -3 in a rather stupid stat in plus/minus.

But the thing about Hansen is that I don't always look at what he has in his stats column in terms of production. When I see Hansen, I see a guy that can cover almost about anything, he's got great natural speed, he's got a great two-way game, an important piece to our P.K, chips in goals here and there, and a thing that stands out the most other than things he brings, is energy. He brings energy to the line-up. He's always going at it, just an exciting player you'd want in your bottom 6. Every team in the NHL would be all over a guy like Hansen.

During these recent stretches, he's been far more noticeable. That line of Kenins/Horvat/Hansen to me has been the line of the month. Hansen hasn't been getting the love Kenins/Horvat have been getting. If anything, without Hansen's hard fore-checking, quick dump and chase he loves to use as he's usually faster than the opposing opponent, and the way he creates havoc around the net and the boards, many of those Horvat/Dorsett goals wouldn't have happened.

He's so valuable to the team. Words cannot express how good he is to our team. You have to see it for yourself. The little things, the major things, Hansen gets the job done and that's what you can really ask for of a player that plays his heart out every game and gives it his all; day in, and day out. And this is why I really can't stand Hansen being in on the proposals. He's such an amazing player to have in your bottom 6. He's been vital to our bottom 6. Vital to our team in general, and vital to the overall heart of our team. And this kind of stuff that Hansen brings is exactly the stuff you want our young guns to get a hold off; eventually rub off.

Players with 'hands of stone' don't provide the above. If the naysayers actually watch the Canucks, they'll hopefully recognize that 'hands of stone' players are guys like Brian McGrattan, not Hansen.

;)

Great post.

I won't tell lie, I was annoyed when Hansen played on the 2nd or the 1st line and I always said he was better suited to the 4th or 3rd at a stretch but I appreciated his ability to compete and work hard, every shift. I also think he has improved his game on the boards and his stick handling, playing with Bo and originally Dorsett and now Kenins.

He seems the ideal foil for these 2 youngsters.

PS I could have knocked that a------ Torts into next Tuesday when he humiliated Hansen on the bench. With that and his public humiliation of Edler he proved he knew nothing about man management.

best fourth line in league. wait til bonino is back

sedin sedin kassian beasting line

vrbata bonino

dorsett mattias burrows hard hat line

hansen horvat kenins best fourth line in hockey

vey 13th forward

trade higgins richardson one goalie and wat ever ufa dmen we have for a new top six winger we are gonna roll over a ton of teams

well see how dmen are after deadline hope we get healthy for playoffs

Sounds like how the Leafs have built their teams for the last 20 years. How's that worked out for them?

Great post.

I won't tell lie, I was annoyed when Hansen played on the 2nd or the 1st line and I always said he was better suited to the 4th or 3rd at a stretch but I appreciated his ability to compete and work hard, every shift. I also think he has improved his game on the boards and his stick handling, playing with Bo and originally Dorsett and now Kenins.

He seems the ideal foil for these 2 youngsters.

PS I could have knocked that a------ Torts into next Tuesday when he humiliated Hansen on the bench. With that and his public humiliation of Edler he proved he knew nothing about man management.

No $&!# eh?

I remember watching that on the bench, Torts poking him in the shoulder and yelling in his ear........................what a way to motivate a player. I remember the look on Hansen's face, said it all. He was not himself the remainder of the year.

Go Canucks Go

Sounds like how the Leafs have built their teams for the last 20 years. How's that worked out for them?

we didn't trade multiple first rounders for a single player, we actually have quality defensemen and goaltending, and we don't overpay on long term contracts, which makes a huge difference.

I have to admit I was on the 'trade Hansen' train at the start of the year because I saw him as the odd man out. I am certainly glad he has proved me wrong. A lot of credit should go to Hansen for the success of both Bo and to a lesser extent Kenins. He has also improved his hands and is scoring on about half of his breakaways. So.. go Handsen!

A part of Hansen probably feels very bad right now.

That part should be relieved since it's going to provide the Canucks with so many answers going forward.

Miller's injury will really test our depth on D and potentially give us the opportunity to deal Stanton and Weber for more than they were originally worth at the start of the season.

Archived