The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jannik Hansen, and how important he is to this team.

Odd.

The so called 'hands of stone', a name popular by many CDCers, has done it again.

I just want to express my acknowledgement to Hansen. Where would this team be without him? He's such an important piece to our line-up. He can kill penalties, chip in goals, and has a great influence to the young guns.

He's surpassed last year's abysmal point production. He has 24 points, in 58 games played. Fine, he has a -3 in a rather stupid stat in plus/minus.

But the thing about Hansen is that I don't always look at what he has in his stats column in terms of production. When I see Hansen, I see a guy that can cover almost about anything, he's got great natural speed, he's got a great two-way game, an important piece to our P.K, chips in goals here and there, and a thing that stands out the most other than things he brings, is energy. He brings energy to the line-up. He's always going at it, just an exciting player you'd want in your bottom 6. Every team in the NHL would be all over a guy like Hansen.

During these recent stretches, he's been far more noticeable. That line of Kenins/Horvat/Hansen to me has been the line of the month. Hansen hasn't been getting the love Kenins/Horvat have been getting. If anything, without Hansen's hard fore-checking, quick dump and chase he loves to use as he's usually faster than the opposing opponent, and the way he creates havoc around the net and the boards, many of those Horvat/Dorsett goals wouldn't have happened.

He's so valuable to the team. Words cannot express how good he is to our team. You have to see it for yourself. The little things, the major things, Hansen gets the job done and that's what you can really ask for of a player that plays his heart out every game and gives it his all; day in, and day out. And this is why I really can't stand Hansen being in on the proposals. He's such an amazing player to have in your bottom 6. He's been vital to our bottom 6. Vital to our team in general, and vital to the overall heart of our team. And this kind of stuff that Hansen brings is exactly the stuff you want our young guns to get a hold off; eventually rub off.

Players with 'hands of stone' don't provide the above. If the naysayers actually watch the Canucks, they'll hopefully recognize that 'hands of stone' players are guys like Brian McGrattan, not Hansen.

;)

The so called 'hands of stone', a name popular by many CDCers, has done it again.

I just want to express my acknowledgement to Hansen. Where would this team be without him? He's such an important piece to our line-up. He can kill penalties, chip in goals, and has a great influence to the young guns.

He's surpassed last year's abysmal point production. He has 24 points, in 58 games played. Fine, he has a -3 in a rather stupid stat in plus/minus.

But the thing about Hansen is that I don't always look at what he has in his stats column in terms of production. When I see Hansen, I see a guy that can cover almost about anything, he's got great natural speed, he's got a great two-way game, an important piece to our P.K, chips in goals here and there, and a thing that stands out the most other than things he brings, is energy. He brings energy to the line-up. He's always going at it, just an exciting player you'd want in your bottom 6. Every team in the NHL would be all over a guy like Hansen.

During these recent stretches, he's been far more noticeable. That line of Kenins/Horvat/Hansen to me has been the line of the month. Hansen hasn't been getting the love Kenins/Horvat have been getting. If anything, without Hansen's hard fore-checking, quick dump and chase he loves to use as he's usually faster than the opposing opponent, and the way he creates havoc around the net and the boards, many of those Horvat/Dorsett goals wouldn't have happened.

He's so valuable to the team. Words cannot express how good he is to our team. You have to see it for yourself. The little things, the major things, Hansen gets the job done and that's what you can really ask for of a player that plays his heart out every game and gives it his all; day in, and day out. And this is why I really can't stand Hansen being in on the proposals. He's such an amazing player to have in your bottom 6. He's been vital to our bottom 6. Vital to our team in general, and vital to the overall heart of our team. And this kind of stuff that Hansen brings is exactly the stuff you want our young guns to get a hold off; eventually rub off.

Players with 'hands of stone' don't provide the above. If the naysayers actually watch the Canucks, they'll hopefully recognize that 'hands of stone' players are guys like Brian McGrattan, not Hansen.

;)

I think hansen has made great strides this season in the hands department. he looks a lot more calm when he has the puck in shooting situations and is starting to pick corners on breakaways. he's a great player and I've loved him for years

Also would like to point out he has also broken his hands of stone. Instead of shooting straight at the nhl logo like he used to, he shots for corners now. You can see this especially in his breakaway goal in Philly. Don't we all remember the days when he got breakaways and we already knew it wouldn't be a goal? This season he has changed that and a team would be foolish letting him get one now.

;)

That is some serious man-crush that this dude^^^^has on Hansen.

Hansen is a fine player, provides lots of energy, good on PK, versatile enough to slot up and down the line up, but if JB can package him in a deal to get a bonafide second line scoring forward I'd gladly pay for the cab fare to take Hansen to the airport.

People expected him to transform into a second line player, much like what Matthias went through went he had a hot streak. He is an A grade third line checker with proper linemates, but he didn't have that here since 2011 until this year. I think he'll be a valuable asset to any Cup contender who needs to shore up their depth.

Hansen injured Miller tonight.

Look's like this post was 'bad' timing wasn't it? :P

That is some serious man-crush that this dude^^^^has on Hansen.

Hansen is a fine player, provides lots of energy, good on PK, versatile enough to slot up and down the line up, but if JB can package him in a deal to get a bonafide second line scoring forward I'd gladly pay for the cab fare to take Hansen to the airport.

You could say that. I'm just a huge fan of Hansen/Burrows and what they bring to the table. Obviously that contract for Burrows is not that good looking, but hey, it's Burrows.

He's been much better in the 2nd half of the season, just like the Ox, the Sedins, and Kassian. He's already passed last years numbers, but then again, last year was a terrible year for him. Good to see him back to his old self.

My fav active Canuck. That said his days as a Canuck are and should be numbered as younger players begin to make the club. I will always be a fan of the man who cannot be calmed down. I hope he will be around for another season or Two but Kenins and Virtanen maybe Jensen hopefully will be filling his shoes soon and he will become expendable. There is nothing wrong with that. He is a good 3rd liner and displays the qualities of a champion. I hope JB does right by him.

He's a faster, cheaper and younger Chris Higgins.

He has also quietly collected 6 points in his last six games while being a major short handed contributor.

Seventh in team scoring,rarely takes a penalty and all for $1.5m.

Not bad for a player picked up in the 9th round

Hansen is a great member of the team and consistently underrated.

He can be placed on any line in the roster, and do a decent job, although he shines in the 3rd and 4th line slots.

His speed, effort and willingness to hit is something which cannot be easily replaced.

Not to mention his great character and teamplay.

All those who consistently shoot off their mouths about trading him do not have a clue.

best fourth line in league. wait til bonino is back

sedin sedin kassian beasting line

vrbata bonino

dorsett mattias burrows hard hat line

hansen horvat kenins best fourth line in hockey

vey 13th forward

trade higgins richardson one goalie and wat ever ufa dmen we have for a new top six winger we are gonna roll over a ton of teams

well see how dmen are after deadline hope we get healthy for playoffs

best fourth line in league. wait til bonino is back

sedin sedin kassian beasting line

vrbata bonino

dorsett mattias burrows hard hat line

hansen horvat kenins best fourth line in hockey

vey 13th forward

trade higgins richardson one goalie and wat ever ufa dmen we have for a new top six winger we are gonna roll over a ton of teams

well see how dmen are after deadline hope we get healthy for playoffs

Hard to argue with this.

However, it might be hard to move Higgins.

Archived