The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Deadline Deal(Proposal) -Stay the Course - Rebuilds take vision

If J.B. and Linden really want to bring a CUP here they need to see the rebuild through, stay true to the vision. We can all see the potential that players like Horvat and Kassian have. With guys like Virtanen and McCann a year to two away the Canucks have got to identify one to two players that are in their early twenties that could be top six guys in the next couple of years like a B.Schenn or Andres Lee or Bone Jenner. I suggest a trade like, B.Schenn and their first for Lack, Bieksa, N.Jensen and our 2nd.

They of all the NHL teams need Lack and Bieksa, and with a plether of good young forwards Philly could afford to let go of B.Schenn. With the first we get from Philly we take Barzal, and now you can really see this team taking shape. It would probably be contending once again in 4 years. If they can get a second for Higgins pull the trigger. If Richardson gets you a third pull the trigger.

I know but look at recent events, Schnieder for 9th overall, Lack could be as good as Schnieds... and Bieksa alone should get a first considering what Carolina just got for Sekera.

Bieksa is on the decline. He MIGHT fetch a first, but only for a contender, not a team that wont make it like Philly.

posts have been done like this !

Oh give the guy a break. He's completely green and actually provided a well thought out post.

I'm personally not interested in Schenn coming to Vancouver, but a plan along those lines, provided Benning pursues another young top6 player other than Brayden, sounds like a good one.

We shouldn't put too much on the Sekera returns. It was crazy high, but LA were desperate. They are fighting for the playoff, Voynov left a big hole in their line-up.

Philly already knows they will miss the playoff. They won't part ways with their 1st, which could potentially win the lottery.

Lack's value around the league isn't much more than Enroth's. Considering Buffalo got lindback and a 3rd pick I believe, we can't expect much more.

If J.B. and Linden really want to bring a CUP here they need to see the rebuild through, stay true to the vision. We can all see the potential that players like Horvat and Kassian have. With guys like Virtanen and McCann a year to two away the Canucks have got to identify one to two players that are in their early twenties that could be top six guys in the next couple of years like a B.Schenn or Andres Lee or Bone Jenner.

Jensen, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, maybe Cassels? These guys all have potential to play in the Top 9.

What this team should get is more guys like Clendening, spare defense pieces on deep teams which provide us value as they're ready to play. IMO this team should prioritize getting one of these over a young forward or goalie.

Was just thinking that we should start a "Do Nothing" thread. Glad someone got one going.

I don't want to see us make trades to bring in guys who will only be here for the rest of this season and maybe one more. If we make moves, then shipping out free agents to teams with a high probability of going deep in exchange for good prospects.

Archived