The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blues @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Hard to hold on to the lead when so many of BETT-man's blind refs officiating. Despite their blindness and weak calls against us, we prevail! GO CANUCKS GO!

You can't be serious? They helped us out tonight too. Hansen goal could have easily been waved off as whistle went. Both teams got the shaft tonight IMO.

What a roller coaster, Eddie doesn't need a break , he will be ok, that's the life of a young goaltender.

He's still putting it together, but he'll already be over this St. Louis game, thats what a high performance athlete does, those goals are behind him...short memory..short memory, Goalie life is when every one else is celebrating and wooping it up over a goal, we've already moved on to the next shot after play is moving again, we're ahead, it's all between the ears, Eddies technique is Solid

3 players that really impressed me tonight;

Kenins. Plays like he's already played 100 games, love his heart and soul. Hope he stays with the team for a long time.

Bones. Rediscovered his shooting accuracy tonight. Played great and I love him with Vrby.

Kassian. Made his presence felt. Reeves is a tough guy and we need that muscle if we want to make it against these central teams in the playoffs.

Sbisa is a bottom pairing defenseman who played over 25 minutes tonight against one of the best teams in the league. If he gets exposed for being just that, it shouldn't be surprising.

Why are you responding to me? I agree with you.

What a game. For a team that has more than half of its stars injured, we beat a red-hot St Louis team.

Forwards were outstanding tonight. I though Kassian looked good with the Sedins but WD didn't so he took him off the top line by the end of the game unfortunately. The Sedins were buzzing all night long and their passes were really clicking which is a sign that they're on top of their game.

WD only swapped Higgins for Kassian in the final shift of the third and obviously Vrbata was with them when Kass had his 12 minute penalty

The canucks couldn't contain the blues push this game. There is a reason the blues are the second highest scoring team in the west, they are a deep team. I knew the game wasn't over when they scored the 5-3 goal.

Lack hasn't looked great since our Boston game. But considering how we got blown out at home to the sharks last game, I really don't know if putting Markstrom in a game like that is the right thing. Considering he was shaky the last time he suited up for us, I am not sure if what I would do if I was WD.

But Markstrom finally has the opportunity he is waiting for with lack looking lacklustre and miller injured. I think it can either be a disaster putting him in or it could work it. Just don't know.

That was a lot sketchier than I would have liked it to be, but so excited they got the 2 points. Looked to me they were trying to cruise through the 3rd period. Bad idea, Blues took advantage. Canucks picked up their play once it was tied, can't believe they didn't get the memo to ramp up their play before the Blues tied it.

Excited about the offense, if they can keep that up at and can clean up defensively, then I think Canucks will wreck the Sharks.

I suppose you saw the lineup we had right? Seriously why do people like you expect us to walk over top tier teams night after night despite icing half of the Utica Comets roster?

I wasn't expecting them to "walk over top tier teams night after night".

Seriously, why do people like you generalize so much?

It's called depth and the Canucks have some for a change.

But Markstrom finally has the opportunity he is waiting for with lack looking lacklustre and miller injured. I think it can either be a disaster putting him in or it could work it. Just don't know.

Maybe if The Nucks win againts San Jose or gets a point. They could Markstrom against a depleted and gutted Arizona.

Archived