The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Sharks

-Vintage Canuck-

Big win. Stanton made a lot of bad plays and could have easily lost this game for us. Weber was also a little sloppy. Bo is just unreal. Deffiently proving gillis won that trade by a long shot (i was a disbeliever of trade at one time). Vrbata is worth every penny of that $5mill. Lack had a great game. Made some real big saves.

I would rather see Biega, Corrado, or even sanguinetti play next game with stanton scratched. Maybe sitting stanton out a few games after that very poor game will help him.

With all that said, we got very lucky tonight. Sharks could have easily had 3 more goals. Hockey gods were on our side tonight big time.

3 big plays that led to us winning.

Sedin talking himself out of a penalty for putting his hand over the puck. Would have been a 5-3 and the game could have gotten out of reach.

Marleau SOMEHOW missing the WIDE OPEN NET!!!!! i couldnt believe it.

Vrbata saving a goal.

If any one of those didnt happen i doubt we would win.

BIG WIN BOYS. BRING ON THE DUCKS!!!!!!

Horvat definitely is a clutch player... he gets better under pressure, he doesn't lose his head.

What I like the most is the number of scoring chances he gets every game.

He has a great hockey IQ, knows how to anticipate the play and position himself.

Maybe he isn't cashing in on all of his chances now, but he will start to put more away as he gets more experience.

The thing I love most about Horvat is it seems like he always scores timely goals. Like goals that either tie it up or bring the team back to within one. He seems to play better under pressure. That breakaway goal tonight was so clutch.

I honestly think people should take a stronger look at Bo for rookie of the year. I understand he doesnt score like forsburg but he is never out of position. He always makes smart plays. He scores timely goals. Has a great defensive game. Hes great on FOs. Great passer. He is the most complete player ive watched in a while. And he is only 19!! I am so excited to watch him develope.

I think he is going to be 1C and our captain. My new favourite player :-)

Horvat definitely is a clutch player... he gets better under pressure, he doesn't lose his head.

What I like the most is the number of scoring chances he gets every game.

He has a great hockey IQ, knows how to anticipate the play and position himself.

Maybe he isn't cashing in on all of his chances now, but he will start to put more away as he gets more experience.

If Horvat converted on every chance he got, he'd have 20 goals instead of 10. It's almost scary to realize he's just going to get better as time goes on.

After the first 2 goals Lack was absolutely brilliant. Vrbata with one of his best games of the season, showing a lot of poise in his goals. Horvat, continuing to get better and better at a rapid pace. Really excited for his future, this guy will be a top 6 in no time (and he's already playing like it lately)

Lack and a few lucky bounces won us that game. San Jose outplayed us most of the game, so they have to play better if they expect to win against Anaheim.

The 3rd period was a mad scrabble to just get the puck out of their zone most of the time. As a team they were too far spread apart, so often plays were broken and the team looked like they were just trying not to lose.

When the team plays with confidence, they play better because they are quicker to the puck both defensively and offensively. Hesitating on passing the puck got the Canucks into scrabbling tense moments. I'd have liked to have seem them to calmly pass the puck up the ice rather than running around chasing the puck.

The powerplay looked better overall, because they were shooting from the point more. Continue shooting more from the point and blocking the goalie on the shots.

Glad they got the win, but too reliant on Lack making saves and not enough on team hockey.

No kidding... good work JB.

That's a decent comparison considering how strong vrbata is on the puck as well as being a decent 2 way player, just lacking in a bit of size he is like a Hossa-light. I did not realize just how good he was too.

True, he is lacking a bit of the the Hossa size. Makes me wonder what his career would look like if he had played with a more gifted play-making centre (Thornton, Crosby, etc) through his prime.

Haha!I'm working in Medicine Hat tonite..still missed the game saw the Hertl chance Vbata cleared. missed the game but happy for the kid and Vrbata with his magic boom stick.

there's a great spot in the Hat called the Garage that had the game but too busy..missed the Tigers game tonite too lol

People had been too hard on Lack, recently. Sure, he had a couple bad games, which was probably the result of fatigue. Still think he's a great 'tender, & now he's really starting to shine.

Three or four games lately, he's been the difference. Calling it now, it's gonna' inspire his buddy Jacob, as well. Next game that JM gets in, he'll be dynamite too.

Lots of respect is in store for JB. He patiently retained maximum assets to give us this depth. Many of us(incl myself) wanted DD moves to add picks. Now as guys go down, it's like a conveyor belt seamlessly delivers the next player, right on time.

In goal, D & with fwds, seems JB has always been 1 or 2 moves ahead of any/every need. Hell, you could apply that(simultaneously) to the farm, as well.

TL, JB & WD have this team in very good hands.

The Sharks will really have a tough time making the playoffs. I believe they have a 7 game road trip coming up. Although the way they play at home lately it might be a good thing. If I recall correctly they have to play Pitt, Nashville and Chicago next which will be brutal for sure. As long as we finish ahead of either Calgary or LA we should be good to go for the playoffs.

Archived