The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lack or luongo

cuporbust

Just wanted to put it out there that lack and luongo are now 16 and 15 in the league for save percentage. Lack being the former , I am still impressed with how he has embraced the starting position.

Lack is also only three spots away in GAA with lu.

I believe it's fair to say that keeping up with out former starter in stats is quite impressive. Yes lu has more games , but lack is still quite comparable to him this year

Who would u rather have this year?

Now I would take lack simply because of contract and age. That's my thoughts anyways. Lu isn't that step above everyone that he used to be

His cap hit is actually quite reasonable so if we're talking about winning now the contract as a whole shouldn't matter. He's still much more established than lack. I know it's five years ago but we won a gold medal playing a dam good game in the final, even if it was behind a pretty incredible team.

Luongo > Miller, Lack, Garret, Markstorm, Dan Cloutier, Kirk Mclean. Luongo = this franchises greatest goaltender, too bad Hamuis got hurt or he would have a Skytrain station named after him lol

I am saying now. In his prime that would be a retarded question. Nobody would take lack over lu in his prime

When it comes to Luongo, the only thing I care about is that he doesn't retire before his contract expires.

Liking how Lack is playing even though he's still susceptible to one bad goal per game (he deserved a shut out tonight). He's still a little scrambly, but he's getting the job done. Glad we have Lack tending the nets for the Canucks right now.

His cap hit is actually quite reasonable so if we're talking about winning now the contract as a whole shouldn't matter. He's still much more established than lack. I know it's five years ago but we won a gold medal playing a dam good game in the final, even if it was behind a pretty incredible team.

Contracts always matter in a cap system. It's less we would have had to spend this year

4 million less to spend ain't chump change

Contracts always matter in a cap system. It's less we would have had to spend this year

If we're talking about winning in one single year why does the contract matter? His cap hit should, but if we're talking about winning just one year I couldn't care less about the term of his contract.

If we're talking about winning in one single year why does the contract matter? His cap hit should, but if we're talking about winning just one year I couldn't care less about the term of his contract.

Because we would have had 4 million dollars less this year to spend elsewhere making our team better. How are u not grasping that ?

When I say contract that includes cap hit THIS YEAR

Because we would have had 4 million dollars less this year to spend elsewhere making our team better. How are u not grasping that ?

When I say contract that includes cap hit THIS YEAR

But I still think it's a very reasonable cap hit. Lack has not shown the ability to be "the guy". For perspective, luongo makes less than miller and he's as good or better IMO. Yeah lack can save you a ton of money but there's not a chance in hell I'd want him to be my horse. Preferably not either of them, but as this stage in lack's career there's just no way I'd trust him with this.

I know this is an incredibly unpopular opinion on CDC, and say what you want about Miller, I don't think we are where we are with Lack in net all year.

But I still think it's a very reasonable cap hit. Lack has not shown the ability to be "the guy". For perspective, luongo makes less than miller and he's as good or better IMO. Yeah lack can save you a ton of money but there's not a chance in hell I'd want him to be my horse. Preferably not either of them, but as this stage in lack's career there's just no way I'd trust him with that.

Yeah it's not bad , but lack is playing just as well and freed up allot more. I agree with not being sure about lack being " the guy" yet , but we also wouldn't have Mathias without lu gone and he's been a beast for us this year

Archived