The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015 Federal Election Thread

thejazz97

PM Mock Election  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope the current opposition parties put their collective egos aside and strategically run common candidates in some ridings. Forget about their precious brand for once and focus on winning an election and fair government.

They won't. That's their pride on the line, and it takes a lot for the proud to become humble like that.

True. I just put the leaders of all the major parties, even though, realistically, both May and Beaulieu have no way of winning the PM position.

I'll fix up the poll.

To be more specific, the Bloc literally cannot and do not want to be the ones forming a CANADIAN government. They don't represent outside of Québec. Just rephrase the question to "who to vote for" and you can put the Bloc and Greens back in there!

To be more specific, the Bloc literally cannot and do not want to be the ones forming a CANADIAN government. They don't represent outside of Québec. Just rephrase the question to "who to vote for" and you can put the Bloc and Greens back in there!

Done.

:picard:

Anyhoo...

I'll be voting Liberal for the sole reason of legalizing/taxing marijuana.

-We need tax dollars for social programs.

-Illegal marijuana = dumb.

Fix two problems at once. Liberals are the only ones on record as being pro-legalization/taxation. Git'er done.

Normally though I'd vote Green, NDP or Independent. I guess I'm hoping for a Liberal minority with enough NDP/Green to make sure the Cons don't have enough power to continue to ruin my beautiful country.

I would take it a step further and wish to see all substanced legalized, the fact that we can't decide for ourselfs what we put in our own bodies is incredibly stupid. Legalize all drugs, basically take out 90% of organized crime, shut down 50% of prisons country wide, and make a killing in taxes, while reducing crime related killings and overdoses due to impure/improperly cooked substances, take the money and invest it into drug education and give people the real facts about all drugs and allow them to make up their mind.

I hope the current opposition parties put their collective egos aside and strategically run common candidates in some ridings. Forget about their precious brand for once and focus on winning an election and fair government.

They won't. That's their pride on the line, and it takes a lot for the proud to become humble like that.

Why wouldn't they just merge parties then? I think there are enough differences between the NDP and Liberals for that not to happen, though. The only way they'd even consider meeting was if the Conservatives won another majority.

I would take it a step further and wish to see all substanced legalized, the fact that we can't decide for ourselfs what we put in our own bodies is incredibly stupid. Legalize all drugs, basically take out 90% of organized crime, shut down 50% of prisons country wide, and make a killing in taxes, while reducing crime related killings and overdoses due to impure/improperly cooked substances, take the money and invest it into drug education and give people the real facts about all drugs and allow them to make up their mind.

So... would you make crystal meth or Krokodil legal?

do any of these parties represent stricter time for moronic kids who run around with guns shooting one another over high school beef? I want strict jail time for kids who are acting like morons with guns now days. Furthermore, now days many teenagers have guns at high school; they no longer fight with fists they fight with guns. So this is the upcoming problem we will be facing in the future as it's already becoming apparent. So do any of these parties represent a stricter jail time, eg chain gang - make jail tough on these useless Surrey jacks or even the death penalty?

If they don't fix this new gun problem in Surrey. Mark my words it will grow and soon innocent people will be getting shot thanks to a dumb justice system. Time to bring the chain gang back! Put some fear in these teenagers.

Why wouldn't they just merge parties then? I think there are enough differences between the NDP and Liberals for that not to happen, though. The only way they'd even consider meeting was if the Conservatives won another majority.

Didn't they have a coalition just a couple years ago?

Absolutely. It would at least make it more difficult for kids to get them. Ask any kid in high school whether it's easier for them to get beer or weed. Drug dealers don't ID.

You'd still have drug dealers who would sell it for cheaper.

Yeah for sure, meth is already legal as a prescription for ADHD/Narcolepsy, I believe its called Desoxyn, its rarely prescribed however as more simply structured amphetamines have a safer profile. And Krokodile is barely known in Canada, and the only reason it exists is because Opiates are so impure and hard to find, that the addict who is informed eneough to even know of its existence can make it quite simply using OTC Codiene. If safer Opiates were available legally I would wager my retirement very few people who use this alternative would bother at all. But to answer your question, yes, I would legalize everything. Tobaco and Alcohol are legal, they kill far more people then any illegal drugs do, and with legalization the rest of the drugs would be heavilly regulated for purity, further reducing their death count against alcy and tobaco.

and woops I quoted the wrong thing, I meant to quote your question about drug legalization .

You'd still have drug dealers who would sell it for cheaper.

If the government took over the production process they'd be able to sell it a lot cheaper than it is currently, even after taxes. I'd also make it free for the hopelessly addicted to lessen the social issues as a result of property crime to fuel addictions.

People aren't going to jump up and try meth just because it's legal.

Wholeheartedly agree!

...but baby steps for folks like Jazzy there ^^^ ;)

If the government took over the production process they'd be able to sell it a lot cheaper than it is currently, even after taxes. I'd also make it free for the hopelessly addicted to lessen the social issues as a result of property crime to fuel addictions.

The government programs necessary to try and get people off drug addiction wouldn't even come close to the standards you'd need if you legalized all drug use AND subsidized drugs for the poor. You would need major manpower, resources and money.

So in the end you'd have the government making money off dangerous drugs, using that money to try and get people off the drugs or keep them away from said drugs. That isn't even evil. It's completely counter-productive.

Anyhoo...

Fix two problems at once. Liberals are the only ones on record as being pro-legalization/taxation. Git'er done.

Normally though I'd vote Green, NDP or Independent. I guess I'm hoping for a Liberal minority with enough NDP/Green to make sure the Cons don't have enough power to continue to ruin my beautiful country.

It's electoral reform for me. I'll likely be voting Liberal as well, even though I think Mulcair is much more qualified than Harper and Trudeau combined, my views being further left of NDP, and my preference for the NDP's electoral reform over Liberal's. Today at least, I don't see NDP commanding more votes than Libs on election day, but I'll happily switch if things change.

First priority, get Harper out and stop the leak. Second, fix the electoral system to better reflect the wishes of the country. And make sure there is never another majority without at least 50% vote.

I agree with this.

Legalizing all drugs would solve so many issues and save so much money.

Make it so all hard drugs are only available for purchase at a government center (located in all major cities). Next I would make them dirt cheap, so cheap that the government is almost losing money.

Anyone over the age of 18 can purchase a substance from this center, but they have to sign up as a member. Therefore having a record of all the known drug users in the area. If someone comes in frequently, they could offer them free therapy and rehabilitation.

So that being said.

How can any dealers sell on the streets if anybody can get the cleanest, safest, and most cheap meth, heroin, etc. from a trusted source.

Therefore, how do cartels make up for these losses? They don't. Therefore taking a massive hit.

Therefore resulting in less money spent on fighting the drug war.

Plus, like Heffy said, more money can be spent of educating kids of the real dangers of these substances.

IMO, problem solved.

Edit: Of course I'm no expert on the subject, but this makes sense to me.

Anyhoo...

I agree with the taxation of marijuana - legitimizing it and improving the economy, but the bill is what really irks me. What's so good about that bill?

Gives a bunch of powers to higher level authorities so that they can claim to stop terrorism, also gives them access to surveillance/monitoring at whomever they deem a threat.

Chances are, I wouldn't be affected as a normal citizen but it's such a slippery slope. There's no limits as to how it's used (yet), at least not in its current form.

Archived