The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McLellan: it won't help the Shark to "sit in a corner and cry"

Jets fans are the tops.

When they had the "Crosby's better" chant going that one night, my friend was wearing a Ovechkin jersey in the same section as the guy that started it. Kind of funny that like two games later, Crosby comes in and lights the Jets up.

They still have great fans, though.

McLellan to Toronto in the summer ... first to call it.

Thorton to TO although If i'm TO I got after Erik Staal

Hmmm ... didn't think of that option. So either one goes to TO. Actually McLellan is a class coach, always conduct himself with respect. Wilson is the gong show. So if Toronto wants a classy coach, that would be a good option. Why would he go, if he is let go from SJ, and if they throw enough $$ at him.

A couple of years ago,we were all looking at the Sharks as the model franchise for retooling on the fly....They dispatched us with relative ease a couple of years ago in the playoffs...I don't know what went wrong this season,but I still think that the Sharks are a good team...There's just too much skill and character in the Sharks lineup IMO,so I'll put his down to an anomaly year,much like the Canucks had last year.

The fans and media will want their pound of flesh ,and someone will have to pay the price..It will most likely be Todd McClellan,if only to get a different voice in the room (much like AV,he's a very respected coach and will immediately be hired elsewhere and flourish)..

Guest Dasein

Thornton is not going anywhere until he sees that Doug Wilson is out of a job IMO

Big Joe has the highest job security among coach, GM and player with his no-move, and he will definitely not be doing any favours for Wilson by waiving it

As soon as the off-season rolls in, Wilson's head goes rolling, then Big Joe okays a trade out for the new GM or he stays put and tries the make right in San Jose

Thornton is not going anywhere until he sees that Doug Wilson is out of a job IMO

Big Joe has the highest job security among coach, GM and player with his no-move, and he will definitely not be doing any favours for Wilson by waiving it

As soon as the off-season rolls in, Wilson's head goes rolling, then Big Joe okays a trade out for the new GM or he stays put and tries the make right in San Jose

I agree with most of what you're saying.

Thornton's presence on the team is (intentionally or unintentionally) going to engineer the firings of McLellan/Wilson during this offseason. You're probably looking at Dan Bylsma to be hired as replacement.

Still, unless the fans riot Thornton's home, it's unlikely that he'll want to leave a place that he's been there for so long and uproot the family out.

That being said, the same could've been said about Kesler - though it's probable that there were some other pieces (off-ice issues) in play. Maybe the wife wanted to leave like Pronger's wife? Nobody knows.

Joe Thornton won't be slowing down any time soon.

He doesn't rely on speed at all, just on his size and being one of the best passers in the game.

I think he'll play into his 40s.

McLellan to Toronto in the summer ... first to call it.

Ugh, I hope he's not dumb enough to take that job. I know coaches want to coach, but I'm sure Dallas Eakins wishes he had a do-over on taking over the Oilers.

Also makes me hope that Babcock isn't dumb enough to leave the Red Wings for the "Concrete Penis" of the world.

Having a quick look at the standings today, I would say SJ is basically eliminated, not mathematically but realistically. They need 5 points to catch Calgary and LA, and have a much tougher schedule coming up and a lower ROW. I dont think anyone who isnt top 9 in the west right now has a shot anymore, unless TWO of Calgary/Vancouver/Winnipeg or LA goes on a complete turd of a losing streak. It will be different not seeing the teal sweaters in the first round or two(or three of playoffs) for a change.

Having a quick look at the standings today, I would say SJ is basically eliminated, not mathematically but realistically. They need 5 points to catch Calgary and LA, and have a much tougher schedule coming up and a lower ROW. I dont think anyone who isnt top 9 in the west right now has a shot anymore, unless TWO of Calgary/Vancouver/Winnipeg or LA goes on a complete turd of a losing streak. It will be different not seeing the teal sweaters in the first round or two(or three of playoffs) for a change.

not as different as it would be if we saw them for 4 rounds...

Archived