The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

I hope whichever next Jersey we get please please please do not use that God awful agency font!! I hated that font since they switched our jerseys in 2007. It has to be the most ugliest, plain, non intimidating font ever used in the history of jerseys. The agency font has no business being used on jerseys at all...

Yeah I completely agree that our Jersey creative department has absolutely no imagination... I mean look at our 3rd Jersey... Its maybe 5-10% different than our main Jersey.

Hopefully they will bring back the skate as the thirds.

true enough, I'd go with the current thirds but use the striping from the original jerseys with the V's on the sleeves as depicted in the picture.

Canucks01.png

That looks great on the whites, but it really doesn't work for the blues

CanucksSkateJersey.jpg

Just go back to the originals and stay there.

Enough already.

Oct25110_orland1_b.jpg

Canucks01.png

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN TREVOR!

VANmilshome.png

Personally speaking...

The Millionaires style looks nice....however, looks too much like the Leafs jersey. Perhaps green instead of white?

The skate is ok, but is messy and cluttered. Simple designs are far more effective.

That is why I love the stick in the rink (original or more modern designs.

The reason why original 6 team jerseys look so good is because they have pretty much been unchanged. Gives their club that historic feel. A much more emotional attachment to it.

I've been loving how much we have been wearing our stick in the rink jersey this season.

Overall, I would like to see stick in rink (home and away) with our black skate jersey for a retro game once or twice a year.

All i ask is keep the color scheme. Thats what they wore when i first got into them in 08, and id like to see it around for a lot longer. Too many teams have the same colors, at least ours is different.

Agreed. Current blue, green & white colour scheme is solid.

I feel like with Trevors comments awhile ago on 1040 that they are going to change, its kind of ratteling because I dont know what jersey to buy when Im buying jerseys, orca or stick. Whats the safe bet? I hope if they do they make the third the primary.

Go with the stick and rink. You'll always be cool wearing one of those. Always.

The skate had it's time. It already defines an era. It would be a damn shame to try and shoehorn that incredibly 90s skate into a current jersey with totally different colours.

Always was a fan of this but only as a third.

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

Ferrari sleek. The Italians should like that one.

The skate had it's time. It already defines an era. It would be a damn shame to try and shoehorn that incredibly 90s skate into a current jersey with totally different colours.

Always was a fan of this but only as a third.

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

Definitely a good looking jersey. I myself wouldnt mind a Johnny Canuck type logo. Make this as our third and put johnny on the home and away. Create an identity that has something to do with Vancouver. Stick johnny in the rink instead of the stick. There is a pic on google. Im on my phone soI cant post it.

That or the V with Johnny's head above it. Wouldnt mind seeing a green 3rd jersey.

IMO Black coloured jersey's tend to look more intimidating, like the colours of old Phx jersey or our road jerseys from 94.

I think our current jerseys are ok. I would prefer a better Orca logo. Great animal to use as a logo but the shape of C is really unnecessary; it could look a lot better.

The stick at a slight angle inside the blue rink is the best ever. Its much better than the straight stick in the white and blue rink.

I think we should stick to them as the next best thing to the original jerseys and keep them forever. They can tinker with the shoulder patches if they like, for something to do.

Admittedly though every now and then I miss the black and yellow colors a little bit.

IMO Black coloured jersey's tend to look more intimidating, like the colours of old Phx jersey or our road jerseys from 94.

I think our current jerseys are ok. I would prefer a better Orca logo. Great animal to use as a logo but the shape of C is really unnecessary; it could look a lot better.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you.

The crux of the problem is that a whale or any other animal does not mean Canucks.

Therefore, I'm for any Canuck logo that does not have any animals jumping out of it.

I like Skating JC, but I don't know if it will work as a primary logo. As a shoulder patch, definitely.

I think the Stick in Rink should be our primary logo for home & away.

And as a third alternate jersey, the 94 black Skate jerseys.

The crux of the problem is that a whale or any other animal does not mean Canucks.

Therefore, I'm for any Canuck logo that does not have any animals jumping out of it.

I like Skating JC, but I don't know if it will work as a primary logo. As a shoulder patch, definitely.

I think the Stick in Rink should be our primary logo for home & away with the Skating JC shoulder patch.

Am I the only one who likes the current jersey/logo the most? Id like to see a bunch of different alternates used however. They could use jerseys theyve used in the past, a different era each sunday or something like that, i think that would be cool.

I think the Stick in Rink should be our primary logo for home & away with the Skating JC shoulder patch.

Archived