The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you.

The crux of the problem is that a whale or any other animal does not mean Canucks.

Therefore, I'm for any Canuck logo that does not have any animals jumping out of it.

I like Skating JC, but I don't know if it will work as a primary logo. As a shoulder patch, definitely.

I think the Stick in Rink should be our primary logo for home & away with the Skating JC shoulder patch.

And as a third alternate jersey, the 94 black Skate jerseys.

Orca may not mean "Canuck" but we do have a healthy Orca population off the coast. It's an animal that represents the west coast.

Stick in rink does not have an association with "Canucks" either. I'd be happy with a Johnny Canuck logo too. I'm in the minority but I'm not a huge fan of stick in the rink.

Edit: I'm biased because I love orcas.

Orca may not mean "Canuck" but we do have a healthy Orca population off the coast. It's an animal that represents the west coast.

Stick in rink does not have an association with "Canucks" either. I'd be happy with a Johnny Canuck logo too. I'm in the minority but I'm not a huge fan of stick in the rink.

Edit: I'm biased because I love orcas.

Fair enough. I understand you love orcas, I like them too.

However for me & many others, it does not make sense to have it on a logo, where the team's nickname are the Canucks.

If the team were nicknamed the Orcas or the Killer Whales, then that would be the only time I would fully concur with you.

These should be the jersey's

http://imgur.com/Io0sPjO

Io0sPjO.png

Damn those are nice. Johnny Canuck deserves to be the main logo for this team.

The skate logo has some good memories but it's hideous. The newer stick and rink logo is an improvement on the original uninspired, dated, ugly, plain one but still weak. I like the orca but Johnny Canuck as the main logo would be the best logo in the history of the franchise.

The skate had it's time. It already defines an era. It would be a damn shame to try and shoehorn that incredibly 90s skate into a current jersey with totally different colours.

Always was a fan of this but only as a third.

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

Wow. That is outstanding. They have to make this jersey a reality. I ... I can't stop looking at it. It's so purdy.

Io0sPjO.png

The skate logo has some good memories but it's hideous. The newer stick and rink logo is an improvement on the original uninspired, dated, ugly, plain one but still weak. I like the orca but Johnny Canuck as the main logo would be the best logo in the history of the franchise.

Looks like a minor league team. Stick with the orca, green and blue. By far the best looking jerseys in Canuck history.

Io0sPjO.png

These JC jerseys are way better than the Canucks current constipated whale birthing out of the C jerseys.

Looks like a minor league team. Stick with the orca, green and blue. By far the best looking jerseys in Canuck history.

The orca looks like it belongs to a short lived junior b lacrosse team from the 90s called "Canuxx"

I grew up with the skate and I think it's ugly. Not as ugly as the orca mind you but still ugly. The sentimentality towards it (largely due to the 94 run) is tertiary IMO and does nothing to make it less ugly.

Stick and rink should be the main jersey.

For whatever else we disagree on, I'm with you on that one,

Stick in rink for the main jersey

I can't belive people on here dislike the millionaires jersey, that jersey is one of the b st of all time

Personally speaking...

The Millionaires style looks nice....however, looks too much like the Leafs jersey. Perhaps green instead of white?

The skate is ok, but is messy and cluttered. Simple designs are far more effective.

That is why I love the stick in the rink (original or more modern designs.

The reason why original 6 team jerseys look so good is because they have pretty much been unchanged. Gives their club that historic feel. A much more emotional attachment to it.

I've been loving how much we have been wearing our stick in the rink jersey this season.

Overall, I would like to see stick in rink (home and away) with our black skate jersey for a retro game once or twice a year.

I would love for that to be our main jersey, aside from the stick in rink it's my fav

For whatever else we disagree on, I'm with you on that one,

Stick in rink for the main jersey

I can't belive people on here dislike the millionaires jersey, that jersey is one of the b st of all time

I like the millionaire jerseys, as well. Very classic.

Io0sPjO.png

YES! Nuff said

Definitely a good looking jersey. I myself wouldnt mind a Johnny Canuck type logo. Make this as our third and put johnny on the home and away. Create an identity that has something to do with Vancouver. Stick johnny in the rink instead of the stick. There is a pic on google. Im on my phone soI cant post it.

That or the V with Johnny's head above it. Wouldnt mind seeing a green 3rd jersey.

In case you missed it, one of the coolest details in that jersey is that the stick in rink is worked into the goggle lens

The skate had it's time. It already defines an era. It would be a damn shame to try and shoehorn that incredibly 90s skate into a current jersey with totally different colours.

Always was a fan of this but only as a third.

johnny_canuck-jersey.jpg

I don't get it ? So now were a bunch of vintage aviators ?

Archived