The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are the Canucks switching jerseys?

VANcanucks92

Here. Made some edits to a jersey suggestion that was on here before.

xzgqgosrqealosme.png

It's not done perfectly (I used an online paint tool), but I think this jersey collection could be pretty sick.

You made them worse. No shoulder yoke is necessary in the aways, and the alt was green for a reason. I'd be thrilled if the original concept was made into Vancouver's uniforms, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still, all you need is to take the current home and away striping, put the (modern) stick-in-rink on the front and throw johnny on the shoulders, helmets and pants. Extremely simple fix, and the Canucks would be catapulted to among the best looking teams in the league.

You made them worse. No shoulder yoke is necessary in the aways, and the alt was green for a reason. I'd be thrilled if the original concept was made into Vancouver's uniforms, but I'm not holding my breath.

I honestly think kelly green (our green) is not jersey-worthy. It's good for striping and that's about it.

And the shoulder yoke could go either way.

I honestly think kelly green (our green) is not jersey-worthy. It's good for striping and that's about it.

And the shoulder yoke could go either way.

The whole point of having the third was to showcase the kelly green, which does work if executed properly.

And the Canucks have never been a shoulder yoke team, so there is no point in having one now. The jersey is clean, unique and well executed as it was. Adding random superfluous design elements just makes it worse

Keep the colors for sure. I love the ocean of blue it makes in the stands. Everything about our Jerseys are pretty fresh. Honestly, I think we have the best jerseys in the league. Closely followed by Columbus and Colorado.

No need to change it, but if you do, please please PLEASE keep it minor. I'm talking St Louis Blues minor. (I can still barely tell the difference.)

The whole point of having the third was to showcase the kelly green, which does work if executed properly.

And the Canucks have never been a shoulder yoke team, so there is no point in having one now. The jersey is clean, unique and well executed as it was. Adding random superfluous design elements just makes it worse

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

butcher.jpg?056236

smyl_pic_van.jpg

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

butcher.jpg?056236

smyl_pic_van.jpg

First of all I'm not counting alternate jerseys. Second I don't consider those V's they wore for three years a yoke. It's a design element much like the Flying V's. So even if you want to consider them yokes the Canucks have still, across 45 years of history not had any sort of real precedence for shoulder yokes.

Third it doesn't change the fact that the shoulder yokes are out of place, unnecessary and a downgrade on an otherwise great jersey.

I feel like with Trevors comments awhile ago on 1040 that they are going to change, its kind of ratteling because I dont know what jersey to buy when Im buying jerseys, orca or stick. Whats the safe bet? I hope if they do they make the third the primary.

Who cares?

I don't own a jersey, but if I decided to get one, I would get either the 94' which I grew up with, the millionaires one or the classic stick in rink.

Those are my 3 favorites so I thats what I'd get, if the team wants to wear something else, let em

Just get the ones you like best

Fair enough. I just think the white jersey feels sort of... empty.

The colour is balanced perfectly. Theres no need to be afraid of a white jersey. It's got plenty of blue to add contrast, and a little bit of green as a tertiary colour to balance things out nicely. Adding a blue shoulder yoke would just cause it to be oversaturated with blue.

Teams typically use shoulder yokes to add in a colour the rest of the look is missing (think of Montreal's away, very little red on most of the jersey) but there's enough blue and green here to make everything balance out nicely.

Not to mention the striping is unique and looks really good as it is, adding the yoke would take away from that and they'd start looking like just another team with a yoke

Hate the skate logo. The skate is headed downhill.

Also don't like the whale, which no longer has anything to do with the organization.

Still wish they'd dust off a version of the old WHL Johnny Canuck logo, but won't happen in my lifetime.

If you grew up with it you'd see it differently,

For me, and a lot of others that skate jersey means something

I'd love to see the flying V or the spaghetti in our current blue, green and white. Maybe tweak em a little. Damn they'd be nice and crisp. :frantic:

They do need to do a version of the v uni,

As it is well known to be on of the worst unis ever, a lot of people , myself included, would love to fly those colors as an "FU" kind of like thing,

It would be the punk Rock thing to do,

But let's face it, the millionaires jersey is by far the best of any of them, that would sell out of market too, hip hop guys would love it.

just bring back the skate as a 3rd and make the 3rds our main. easy peasy.

I'd agree with you, except the striping on the thirds is awful. It's the most generic pattern there is, and the blue lines between the green and white muddy everything up horribly. From far away they look like Leafs jerseys.

If you grew up with it you'd see it differently,

For me, and a lot of others that skate jersey means something

I grew up with the skate and I think it's ugly. Not as ugly as the orca mind you but still ugly. The sentimentality towards it (largely due to the 94 run) is tertiary IMO and does nothing to make it less ugly.

Stick and rink should be the main jersey.

They do need to do a version of the v uni,

As it is well known to be on of the worst unis ever, a lot of people , myself included, would love to fly those colors as an "FU" kind of like thing,

It would be the punk Rock thing to do,

But let's face it, the millionaires jersey is by far the best of any of them, that would sell out of market too, hip hop guys would love it.

Hip hop sucks

I grew up with the skate and I think it's ugly. Not as ugly as the orca mind you but still ugly. The sentimentality towards it (largely due to the 94 run) is tertiary IMO and does nothing to make it less ugly.

Stick and rink should be the main jersey.

I too grew up with the skate and hated it. I do love the color scheme though.

Archived