The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lobster or Crab?

Where's Wellwood

Lobster or Crab?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was never able to get over the visual aspect of eating lobster, crab, or most seafood in general.

I've never tried crab or lobster and probably never will. It may taste good... but man... a giant, fully intact, sea insect is sitting on your plate. Then you're going to tear it apart, limb by limb, and eat the insides.

These things are bigger and scarier looking than any spider I've ever seen. And the thought of eating a giant cooked spider seems eerily similar in terms of visuals. How other people don't see the general similarities of the horror that appears on their plate is completely beyond me.

I know it's totally normal, but it seems so outrageous and disgusting to me.

Silly.

They're crustaceans.

coconut crabs live on land, and so to hermit crabs... in fact there are many crabs that are terrestrial (though most have to return to the water to lay their eggs)

You know what I meant... :rolleyes: If anything that further strengthen's their being related.

Depends on the type of crab. But over all fresh caught for fresh caught cooked in nothing but salinated water and dipped in garlic butter fresh maritime lobster beats any type of Crab I have ever had on the west coast. Plus you can stand lobsters on their heads cross their claws and rub their backs until they go to sleep for a peaceful demise. I vote Lobster.

Archived