The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks vs. Flames Round 1

kidkurse

Way too early because take a look at LA's schedule. Oilers 2wice, SJ, Colorado, Canucks and Flames.

One of those Oiler games, and the Colorado game both have them (Oil and Avs) playing the Ducks the night before. LA is catching them on back-to-backs, those should be easy points.

Shall be an interesting finish.

This is like saying "shutout" before the game's over. Bad omen.

Anybody who's been watching LA hockey over the past few years knows not to say "they're dead" until the kill's been confirmed. You never, ever think Kings are done until a team puts a bullet in their hea... Um, the final horn sounds.

I'm dying to see VAN-CGY PO series as much as the next fan, but don't like to see anyone jinxing it this early.

Anybody who's been watching LA hockey over the past few years knows not to say "they're dead" until the kill's been confirmed. You never, ever think Kings are done until a team puts a bullet in their hea... Um, the final horn sounds.

I'm dying to see VAN-CGY PO series as much as the next fan, but don't like to see anyone jinxing it this early.

Pretty much this.

CGY's next matchup: @ STL

LA's next matchup: vs. EDM

Adter those games are played, there is a very good chance LA could be 1 point back of CGY with a game in hand. And it's very likely, because CGY has struggled against STL, and LA plays the Oilers

Exactly it's not so easy.. They have Jonny Hakky, Jiri Hudler who's rolling right now and hot, Monahan... Their very scary but not as scary as the kings

:frantic:

I've never understood this "scary" talk, as if these other teams are any better than the Canucks, let alone that their fans don't consider the Canucks a threat or "scary". Maybe some people just enjoy living on fear...

I think the Jets miss, Kings will get in and play Anahiem.

Yes, Winnipeg has a tougher schedule. The Kings play Edmonton twice though, and I have a feeling they won't take all four points. The Oil have been better of late.

also, why do people think Calgary will be an easy win?

Why do people continue to straw man this when nobody says any such thing? NOBODY.

it's so funny how people think "jinxing" is actually a thing :picard:

What -- you don't think some random people posting on a messageboard won't affect the outcome on the ice? C'mon man, that's pure science right there.

:rolleyes:

the flames wont go down easy, but they are beatable in a 7 game series. LA would take a miracle to defeat in a 7 game series atm. what is it 2/4 for calgary this year and 1/4 for LA? and the calgary losses were 1 goal games, only 1 of the LA losses was, the other 2 were 5-1 and 4-0.

I would love for the Canucks to play the Flames in the first round this year. Not because I think they're easy, but because the Canucks and Flames have had some great series the last three times they've played each other.

In those three series,they've all gone to game 7, and all those series were decided in OT. But most importantly, the winner always went to the finals.

I can smell a Canuck, Flames 1st round series. LA will be the odd man out. Too much hockey over the past few years.

It would be an awesome series to watch, and gives us the best chance to get out of the first round... After round 1, well, anything can happen.

Something feels funny about this year... Something about the way we play against the top tier teams.

Me thinks you are counting the chickens before they are hatched. I will say it looks feasible at this point. Lots of hockey left.

This is an discussion forum on the internet. The players don't read it. And even if they did, it probably still wouldn't affect how they play on the ice.

getting slightly ahead of yourself lol

also, why do people think Calgary will be an easy win?

A lot of people think they've overachieved this year, and without Giordano they'll most likely be exposed. Not to mention the Sedins own them. But again, I don't like people talking about the playoffs when we're not even officially in yet.

I can smell a Canuck, Flames 1st round series. LA will be the odd man out. Too much hockey over the past few years.

It would be an awesome series to watch, and gives us the best chance to get out of the first round... After round 1, well, anything can happen.

Something feels funny about this year... Something about the way we play against the top tier teams.

And what makes you think Calgary is going to be a pushover or gives us a better chance to win? They have been beating teams like Nashville. And they had our number the last couple of times. Too figgin early to count out L.A. And we haven't clinched yet in a tight Western conference. So until we officially get in lets hold the horses until then.

Way too early because take a look at LA's schedule. Oilers 2wice, SJ, Colorado, Canucks and Flames.

How hard is it to type twice. Seriously, it's not like you had a long word. It is the same number of characters in 2wice and twice.

Archived