The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there such thing as 'expert' hockey analysis? How would this affect peoples perceptions of the Canucks?

hockeydude474

These are the same guys who said only 1 Canadian team (Montreal) would have the playoffs before the start of the season or if a 2nd team does make it, it'll be the Leafs.

I called the Canucks making the playoffs, so I must have more 'expertise' than those silly analysts. Lol jk, but here's my assessment of the Canucks at the 25 game mark (:

(Video is a bit rough but future ones will be more polished)

I think the media has already proven that they hate us. They hate our city, it's team, it's players, it's prospects, and their fans.

I say bring on the hate and make them eat their words while this team lifts the cup in what will be the most glorious victory in all sports history.

This is the year.

We're On a Mission from God.

I think the media has already proven that they hate us. They hate our city, it's team, it's players, it's prospects, and their fans.

I say bring on the hate and make them eat their words while this team lifts the cup in what will be the most glorious victory in all sports history.

This is the year.

Amen. All starts tomorrow :)

I would rather absorb what Aaron Ward has to say than what the OP has to say. Aaron Ward actually played the game and has three Stanley Cup rings.

Right but that doesn't acknowledge my original argument. Aaron Ward might have won Stanley Cups but the context and situation that he won them is completely different than the individual situations of both the Canucks, and the Flames. Aaron Ward only has the credibility to comment on the teams he played for and won with, however, whatever he actually has to say in terms of analysis I don't think is all that applicable since the situations are different.

Unless Aaron is currently present as a player on both the Flames, and the Canucks at the same time, using inductive reasoning (from a COMPLETELY different context) is virtually useless. In my opinion Aaron has no more credibility than a gopher or Don Cherry.

Both Ward and O'Neill were gritty, hard-working guys with decent skill so it's no surprise they like Calgary since they have a ton of those types of players.

The Canucks have lost the last two series TSN predicted them to win, so take it for what it's worth.

I will take a team winning third in the pacific when they are suppose to draft McDavid this year to be a bigger Cinderella story than a team that was suppose to compete for a playoff spot in the East suddenly finding their goalie of the future. Besides, they need on for each conference or what are they going to talk about at night in the EAST.

You must be kidding me... look at their record the past 27ish games.. thats the cinderella story of the nhl

Tell me exactly the purpose of writing your original comment? Did it make you feel smart? Possibly even better about yourself that you put down someone who wanted to start a conversation? I'm really curious to what you got out of it?

And I would gladly say the same thing to you if we were sitting across from each other with others having a conversation about hockey. Really what's the point of being an a$$?

I don't think I need to explain myself to you, especially after referring to me as being an "a$$". You are obviously trolling now ... so .... again ... and this is my last reply to you (since you are just trolling) ... look in the mirror and see who the real "a$$" is. Bye bye Troller.

This is the year.

Pretty sure if there is a god, I don't think he is going to stray from his longest running prank on us Canuck fans

Right but that doesn't acknowledge my original argument. Aaron Ward might have won Stanley Cups but the context and situation that he won them is completely different than the individual situations of both the Canucks, and the Flames. Aaron Ward only has the credibility to comment on the teams he played for and won with, however, whatever he actually has to say in terms of analysis I don't think is all that applicable since the situations are different.

Unless Aaron is currently present as a player on both the Flames, and the Canucks at the same time, using inductive reasoning (from a COMPLETELY different context) is virtually useless. In my opinion Aaron has no more credibility than a gopher or Don Cherry.

Your point is ridiculous and if you can't see it then there's no help for you. Of course Aaron Ward or any other analyst has not played for EVERY team in the NHL. However, there are good analysts out there who watch and study the game ... and some (like Aaron Ward) have actually played the game and been successful at it. Of course, there are analysts that are terrible at their job ... but there are some that are very good. Just becuase they haven't played on a particular team does not make their comments/opinions lack credibility. For example, I have a lot of time for good analysts like Bob McKenzie. He hasn't played on any NHL team, yet his insight into the game and teams is very credible.

Your OP is full of generalizations. Get real. 'Nuf said.

Your point is ridiculous and if you can't see it then there's no help for you. Of course Aaron Ward or any other analyst has not played for EVERY team in the NHL. However, there are good analysts out there who watch and study the game ... and some (like Aaron Ward) have actually played the game and been successful at it. Of course, there are analysts that are terrible at their job ... but there are some that are very good. Just becuase they haven't played on a particular team does not make their comments/opinions lack credibility. For example, I have a lot of time for good analysts like Bob McKenzie. He hasn't played on any NHL team, yet his insight into the game and teams is very credible.

Your OP is full of generalizations. Get real. 'Nuf said.

You seem like a very angry person who's just looking to stir the pot. Maybe you should take a timeout?

Back when the Avs had the likes of Sakic and Roy? Even Torts could win a cup with them. Not to mention that this was 14 years ago (I feel old).

Torts won a cup in 2004 with scrap pieces and youth under the Lightning.

Give it a rest. Your point sucked.

Most media personalities are laymen with the time to focus on the hockey and access to all/most of the available info.

As for them being in a "position of power" .... I worked in radio for a few years and I'll tell you the last thing a radio voice is: a position of power.

You seem like a very angry person who's just looking to stir the pot. Maybe you should take a timeout?

Lol ... nope. Not angry at all. Just replying back to a question that was asked of me. Not sure how you can see anger in a message post.

i loved what tiger williams said once on russel's talk show...the canucks were struggling and fans were calling in with all their solutions.....one caller asked, why don't the canucks take the fans suggestions....tiger said, because they don't know what they are talking about...having an opinion, doesn't alway translate into being knowledgeable...this is a site for opinions...

Both Ward and O'Neill were gritty, hard-working guys with decent skill so it's no surprise they like Calgary since they have a ton of those types of players.

The Canucks have lost the last two series TSN predicted them to win, so take it for what it's worth.

Well tsn predicted they would lose against LA in 2012 and it happened when they said "The upset meter is at it's highest in the this series"

No one else predicted it.

This is the year.

I agree, if not this year, than never.

And the Canucks were the cup favourites in many hockey experts' minds to start the 2010/2011 season. Guess we shouldn't take everything they say as gospel, eh, especially in a scenario like we have now where there could more easily be upsets even between #1 and #8.

Archived