The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks | Flames lead series 1-0

-Vintage Canuck-

They outplayed Calgary for most of it, they need to finish their chances, this team always bounces back.

This team has shown a lot of fight this year and I really can't see them losing this series. It's not going to be easy but maybe this game is what they needed to get going. Drop game one to realize that they are in a dog fight and play a hard full 60 against a young flames team. No lead is safe, keep the pedal to the metal.

Canucks in 6

Wow.....

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff 12m12 minutes ago

#Canucks Willie D's 3rd period ice-time makes no sense:

Burrows 4:19

Daniel 4:45

Matthias 4:53

Dorsett 4:59

Kenins 5:30

Those stats to me indicate he was hoping to create a forecheck and capitalize on a turnover..rather than risk the sedins pushing the play coughing up the puck at the end of a shift and getting burned by an odd man rush the other way.

This team has shown a lot of fight this year and I really can't see them losing this series. It's not going to be easy but maybe this game is what they needed to get going. Drop game one to realize that they are in a dog fight and play a hard full 60 against a young flames team. No lead is safe, keep the pedal to the metal.

Canucks in 6

It's going 7....I can feel it in my bones....

Here are some stats folks.

The Canucks have been in 41 playoff series in their NHL history. Their record is 16-25.

When losing the first game they are 4-14. The 4 times they have won the series after losing the first game were in 1992 (Winnipeg),1994 (Toronto), and 1995 and 2003 (St. Louis).

In series where they have gone down 2-0, their record is 0-11. So game 2 is huge!!!

They outplayed Calgary for most of it, they need to finish their chances, this team always bounces back.

the posters here disgust me .. we lost by 1 lucky goal in a game we dominated .. anyone who says that calgary was the better team should stop posting here .. your god damn losers .. were gonna win this series and i hope the regulars here remember who you are .. you should be flamed at every opportunity you fair weathered trailer trash pieces of garbage .. 7 games you impostors .. 7 games , not 1 .. please remember these comments regulars

the posters here disgust me .. we lost by 1 lucky goal in a game we dominated .. anyone who says that calgary was the better team should stop posting here .. your god damn losers .. were gonna win this series and i hope the regulars here remember who you are .. you should be flamed at every opportunity you fair weathered trailer trash pieces of garbage .. 7 games you impostors .. 7 games , not 1 .. please remember these comments regulars

It was a flukey win. They really didnt deserve it. Usually i have no problems saying when the team was $&!#..but i thought they were great in the first..but not consistant after that.

The Canucks have been in 41 playoff series in their NHL history. Their record is 16-25.

When losing the first game they are 4-14. The 4 times they have won the series after losing the first game were in 1992 (Winnipeg),1994 (Toronto), and 1995 and 2003 (St. Louis).

In series where they have gone down 2-0, their record is 0-11. So game 2 is huge!!!

Is game 2 ever... NOT huge?

The Sedins were great this game.. definitely not unnoticeable, and I'm not just saying that because of my username. Henrik was a beast in the dot tonight (15-3 I believe). They set up some glorious chances but the finishers just didn't finish; would be a much different score if it some of those went our way. Still shocked at the limited ice time they were given in the 3rd.

Well that was depressing...just when I was okay with the loss tonight....

This place can be so doom n gloom. I think if they play 6 more games like they did tonight, they come out on top.

Good, looks like he's coaching for a 7 game series.

Or did Kenins get "caught" out there too long on his shifts?

It was a flukey win. They really didnt deserve it. Usually i have no problems saying when the team was crap..but i thought they were great in the first..but not consistant after that.

Flukey win? The only goal of the canucks was the flukeist goal of the game. The canucks didnt play a bad game overall, but the difference of the 2 teams was that calgary played a 60mins game, and vancouver played a 49mins game. Calgary deserves the win.

We should still be hopeful though, given the team's history of bouncing back after a loss

Archived