The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks | Flames lead series 1-0

-Vintage Canuck-

Maybe we should insert Baertschi back in for Higgins? he will show up for sure against his former team. He's strong on the and puck and on his feet. Richardson wasn't bad but didn't really have any impact coming from his injury. We need some more scoring and youthful exuberance.

fixed

You calling me immature is immature.

I'm trying to get people to accept that we lost and not blame 1 person for it.

It's a team game.

Well clearly looking through the thread all you have done is get under peoples skins. Now you are trying to act differently?

Shouldn't you be on the Flamez forums?

Again, you. like others, have failed to understand - I'm not blaming Lack for the loss.

Yes...all he had to do was stop that 2nd goal - the same BS response from all the haterz here against Miller and Luongo said time and time again.

But I don't expect you to understand that.

I fail to realize any significance on what is bolded. Why bring this up in the first place? All it did was piss people off for no reason whatsoever.

Maybe we should insert Baertschi back in for Richardson? he will show up for sure against his former team. He's strong on the and puck and on his feet. Richardson wasn't bad but didn't really have any impact coming from his injury. We need some more scoring and youthful exuberance.

I would take out Higgins. Rather have another center that can take draws

Shouldn't you be on the Flamez forums?

Again, you. like others, have failed to understand - I'm not blaming Lack for the loss.

Yes...all he had to do was stop that 2nd goal - the same BS response from all the haterz here against Miller and Luongo said time and time again.

But I don't expect you to understand that.

Why the hell would I wanna do that?

Lack's positioning on the second goal could have been better but with all that traffic it's amazing the shot even got through. If miller is in net tonight we'd probably still lose, do you get that? Lack is a great goalie in his own right and the thing I liked about him most down the stretch this spring was his ability to rebound from off games.

To be honest I don't even really know what point you're trying to get across because you seem to have flip flopped from the start of the thread.

I agree, problem is we don't have the money/ enough youngsters to make a difference.

Sure we do.

Burrows Horvat Kassian

Baerschi Bonino Vrbata

Higgins Richardson Kenins

Hansen Dorsett Matthias

Vey

Vancouver is very deep. Time to move on, the Canucks are deep enough.

Our offence was there it's just hiller came up with good saves. Our worked in the final mins and calgary hung on till the end. Not acceptable if I'm a canuck

Pros of game

-Horvat scored

-Shut down flames top line

-lack only gave up two goals and kept them in the game

-had 1-0 lead going into third

-Flames comeback will teach the Canucks not to be complacent when they have the lead and to have some killer instinct

Cons

-Our only goal was a fluttering puck which hiller got confused where it was going. Kinda a fluke. In other words of we don't get that break we score no goals tonight.

-Team couldn't contain the flames at all in the third, letting them dictate the game from there.

-Killer instinct just not there with a 1-0 lead

-

we've lost a bunch of series' after winning the first game, but I also am wondering if we've ever come back after losing the first. I honestly don't think we have, someone confirm.

We won a first round series against the Blues in 2003 after losing first game big time, which was technically part of the Sedin era, althogh they still weren't tthe top line.

Everyone stop riding Baertschi please. He scored two goals against the third worst team in the league. The whole team pounded the Yotes and Oilers offensively. Hell, some of us could have done that..

Until Higgins scores 2 nice goals in one game regardless of the team,I will remain unconvinced of his worthiness on the 2nd line

Hiller came up big when they were down 1-0. Gotta have that killer instinct and bury one of those grade A scoring chances early in the third

Hiller had a good game and was quite fortunate. If one of Hiller's great (or lucky) save is a goal instead, the Canucks go up 2-0, play a tighter game in the third and win. But Calgary had some good chances also. Basically this was a close game that could have gone either way.

But some of things that have worried fans all year showed up again.

1. Weber is good offensively but is not reliable enough in his own end or physical enough to play top 4.

2. Sbisa is just not that good. (And his -2 gives him the early lead for the green jacket for the playoffs, as is consistent with his play during the regular season). Hate his new contract. The pairing of Bieksa and Sbisa was crushed in in shot differential (Corsi) numbers.

3. Higgins and Bonino are decent players who are good value for their cap hits. But they should be 3rd liners, not 2nd liners. If they are 2/3 of your second line, that line is not going to do enough.

4. Should have traded Matthias at the deadline when his value peaked. Could have got at least a 2nd round pick and maybe a first.

But I would not expect changes for game 2. WD is patient and will give this line-up another shot on Friday. And things could easily go the other way.

Everyone stop riding Baertschi please. He scored two goals against the third worst team in the league. The whole team pounded the Yotes and Oilers offensively. Hell, some of us could have done that..

That's 2/7ths of what Higgins did since November. He needed Arizona, Buffalo and Toronto to get most of those too.

fans on this board showing their true colors in how much they actually support this team

close game folks hiller made some great saves and most are calling it a weak pathetic effort no the only weak pathetic effort is the posts by the sky is falling group

We only say the sky is falling now so that we can save ourselves from more pain later....

You'd love it if you just tried....

Archived