The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks | Flames lead series 1-0

-Vintage Canuck-

Great game - wrong team won.

Miller time?

Scoring in the last minute of play - always painful when it happens, but man, that sucked. Canucks were the better team for two-thirds of the game. They needed an insurance goal, couldn't get it tonight.

^

^^

This is the way I saw the game.

Good game, we just came out the wrong end.

I watched the replays. Bennett was not in the crease on the 2knd goal. It was not off side on first.

They did pounce on a Weber mistake on the Jones goal. Or we could still be in overtime?

lol, and there's no comeback for this. that's the worst part

I know...I know...what kills me is she was born in Burnaby, we moved to cow town in 1999, in 2004 she jumped on the Flames band wagon....said to me that seeing how I live in Calgary that I should cheer for the Flames! Now, I am back in BC, and she is looking at moving to the Nelson area - so I said - "oh, so does that mean you will be a Canucks fan" - she said "nope"....lol...

meh said it before.. Calgary weaker team on paper.. but works 60mins.. only way to beat them is to play 60mins.. we only played 48mins and lost. no one but themselves to blame.

tbh there really aren't any weak teams in the playoffs. every single team is a 100+ point team or close to 100.

that isn't weak by any stretch

The forwards:

the worst: Higgins has a clear path to the net and passes to a guy on his backhand that is covered... Sam Bennett is 18 years old and can't do a pull up and takes the puck to the net every chance he gets. Bennett will crush us in the years to come!

the best: Burrows was outstanding tonight... drove to the net all night.

I'd love to see Baertschi and Kassian (if healthy). Kenins other then the big hit struggled with the pace of the game.

The defence:

the worst: Bieska looked slow and scared... threw the puck away too many times. Weber got crushed and was skiddish after that.

the best: Tanev, Edler, Hamhuis and even Sbisa all had good games. Wideman is much better than I thought he was!

I agree with the Higgins observation on that play, I couldn't believe he didn't shoot when he had a clear look at the net. But the flames didn't do a lot of cutesy plays today, every Flame that had a chance to shoot or drive to the net did, its amazing how the simplest ways work. That being said I was pretty happy for the most part with the Canucks effort, plain and simple, Hiller stopped one less puck than Lack

Kassian sucks, I don't think he wouldve done much at this game. Baertchi on the other hand wouldve thrived on tonights track meet. If Hartley can have that much confidence to suit up a rookie with 1 nhl game in his belt , why can't Willie do the same with Baertchi?

I know hes a Flame but man, Sam Bennett looks like hes got a bright future ahead of him. I saw him at the preseason game here, wow, the hands on that kid, reminds me a bit of Pavel Datsyuk the way he plays the game

Okay, so I see a lot of people pissing on the Sedins but from the highlight package they seemed to be dominant? Am I missing something?

Nope - you're not missing a thing.

Henrik won like 15 out of 18 face offs as well!

Going by your alias - that's all.

I agree - I doubt Miller would have saved that neither - difference is - if Miller let that in - we would see 10 trade proposals.

Do you hear me now?

I just find the boring sean Monahan twitter account to be funny, and I do like Monahan as a player but I'm a canuck fan through and through.

Yeah you're probably right about that. See, that wasn't what I was taking from your earlier posts. I was getting the idea that you were pinning this on lack. For whatever reason we love our backups, maybe it's the drama that comes with a goalie controversy, who knows. For me personally though Lack is the last of the goalies id like to see moved and that's not because I have a fanboy backup goalie boner. I just think he's a real solid tender who still hasn't hit his ceiling with lots of gas in the tank. Simply put, he's a lot better than markstrom and a lot younger than miller.

they played against deryk ???? engelland and did not produce.

got to take advantage of last change.

I'd chalk that up to Hiller and their linemates more than anything. Looks like they set up Burrows and Vrbata for a couple of glorious chances, they finish a couple of those and we're talking 4-2 not 1-2.

Nope - you're not missing a thing.

Henrik won like 15 out of 18 face offs as well!

Sedin line played well. Hiller was amazing. When we were hot, he cooled us off.

Gotta get traffic in front of him. Plain and simple.

Burrows screen on the first unit, with twins and Weber.

Second unit Matthias screening, vrby bones edler bieksa

The city is tired of being Stanley cup losers. That's all this is. Throw out stats , predictions , and opinions , they need to give fans at least one cup. It will be like this , and understandably so, until that Happens.

Cup-or-bust. Plain and simple.

The city is tired of being Stanley cup losers. That's all this is. Throw out stats , predictions , and opinions , they need to give fans at least one cup. It will be like this , and understandably so, until that Happens.

Cup-or-bust. Plain and simple.

40 years and counting for me....

Archived