The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flames @ Canucks | Flames lead series 1-0

-Vintage Canuck-

Well that was depressing...just when I was okay with the loss tonight....

I suspect most teams have a playoff record that looks like that over a long period of time (if they didn't, they would be in the finals or winning every year).

I suspect most teams have a playoff record that looks like that over a long period of time (if they didn't, they would be in the finals or winning every year).

Habs are 89 - 56.....so what exactly are you saying?

who is going to stop ferlund? lol he actaully became a huge factor for the Flames'? So who will stop him? Same old still not a big team, kind of see why Benning wants a boston model. This is one measly player we are talking about who is giving our d-men nightmares.(lol espeically weber) Also, we stopped hitting in the 3rd, let the flames' dmen get their feet moving, in the first they heard the footsteps. Again why Benning wants a Boston model because this current model looks stale and nervous. I would love to get Lucic in the off-season too.

I can see some trades being made in the off-season if Flames' rock us, so whatever happens I'm going to be happy. I'm a bit calmer at the moment. Just lowering my expectations and I want certain players gone by draft day.

You had me at "deserves" but lost me at "worthless"..... :picard:

Maybe the worthless whining part was a little strong. We had just lost the game and I was a little on edge I guess. But I do totally disagree with your point there. We are hard on backups, especially when they deserve it. Recently look at Lacks not so great start to the season or Markstroms first game and subsequent pulling if you can't remember times we were hard on backups.

the posters here disgust me .. we lost by 1 lucky goal in a game we dominated .. anyone who says that calgary was the better team should stop posting here .. your god damn losers .. were gonna win this series and i hope the regulars here remember who you are .. you should be flamed at every opportunity you fair weathered trailer trash pieces of garbage .. 7 games you impostors .. 7 games , not 1 .. please remember these comments regulars

While I agree with you, the scary thing about Calgary is that this is how they have been winning all year. They laugh at advanced stats because while stats like their corsi have sucked, they've come out with timely goals and wins all season long.

Tonight was just another example of how the year had gone for them.

They could look like crap all game but if they are within one or two goals, watch out because they will capitalize on the one chance that get all period.

It is by no means over but this was a performance much like we've seen in the '12 and '13 playoffs. Powerplay was useless, not very many quality scoring chances. Even Bo's goal was pretty soft and fluky (good on him for his persistence tho). Hank still too chicken to shoot the puck, his pass no matter what mentality is frustrating, especially in the playoffs when teams are ready for it.

I wouldn't mind losing if we had a ton of chances and couldn't capitalize, but when we play a timid, passive game and expect to win 1-0 I get bummed out...

It was a flukey win. They really didnt deserve it. Usually i have no problems saying when the team was crap..but i thought they were great in the first..but not consistant after that.

Calgary scored more goals so "deserved" to win. Flukey or not really doesn't matter in the end (whatever flukey means anyway)

The Canucks completely out chanced the Flames. Should have been like 2 or 3-0 after the first.

Vancouver needs to just throw everything at net. That's how Horvat got his goal. Many of times the Canucks are passing to try to get the perfect shot when in reality it's greasy goals that win series.

Just got back home from the game. My take:

We were the better team, hands down. We played great till the Weber give away, which cost us IMO, hope Weber rebounds. We sat back after the game was tied instead of going for it like CGY.

Hiller was a beast, better than Lack even though Lack was great in his first playoff game. Bo Horvat, thank you for a great game, him and Richardson are such good bottom 2 C's right now.

Dissapointments:

Vrbata: thought he would be more of a presence offensively.

Sedins: gotta finish those chances, it'll come though, they're territorial play was great

Weber: was great in the final games of the season, was kind of our weak link tonight

Other than that, a great game by the boys, unlucky we didn't get that puck out late.

Keep playing like we did in the first 40 mins, and this series is ours.

#CanucksIn6

the posters here disgust me .. we lost by 1 lucky goal in a game we dominated .. anyone who says that calgary was the better team should stop posting here .. your god damn losers .. were gonna win this series and i hope the regulars here remember who you are .. you should be flamed at every opportunity you fair weathered trailer trash pieces of garbage .. 7 games you impostors .. 7 games , not 1 .. please remember these comments regulars

why do people keep insisting they won on lucky/fluke goal as if our goal wasn't lucky too?

if that doesn't deflect off wideman it wouldn't have even been a shot on goal

Calgary has a +35 goal differential in the 3rd period and were the highest scoring 3rd period team in the league this year, you don't do that by "fluke"

why do people keep insisting they won on lucky/fluke goal as if our goal wasn't lucky too?

if that doesn't deflect off wideman it wouldn't have even been a shot on goal

Calgary has a +35 goal differential in the 3rd period and were the highest scoring 3rd period team in the league this year, you don't do that by "fluke"

It was Flukey because they only played roughly 20 minutes of hockey

Can't believe how empty the bandwagon is already. Wow it was one game. Thought we had a solid first 40, But the third, Cgy did what Cgy has done for the whole season. Need too play a full 60 against this team. Onto too game 2.

Go Canucks Go!!

if they can beat us only playing 20 minutes of hockey then that's just disturbing

That's what happens when their goalie stands on his head for 60 minutes. We gave the puck away and failed to get it out on both Flames goals, we shot ourself in the foot. We lost the game, it's not that Clagary earned the win.

That's just my two cents though, at the end of the day, doesn't matter, Flames up 1-0, and we gotta come back and win this like I know we will.

Archived