The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lady Byng finalists announced

Kind of a bizarre award this one.... lets go through the top points players and pick out the guys with fewest penalty minutes... umm yeah but this is hockey and if someone has 10 mins of penaltys through the season and another has 20... what the hell is the difference! 10 pms is nothing.

Something for the writers to vote on and feel important.

You mean Pat Kane wasn't nominated this year? That's actually surprising (and also why it's hard to put much stock into the lady byng anymore).

Kane had 10 PIM in 61 games Datsyuk had 8 PIM in more games and Hudler had 14 in 78 games and Kopitar has 10 PIM in 79 games. Kane is a good candidate, but I wouldn't say it's insane to put him at 4th.

Kane had 10 PIM in 61 games Datsyuk had 8 PIM in more games and Hudler had 14 in 78 games and Kopitar has 10 PIM in 79 games. Kane is a good candidate, but I wouldn't say it's insane to put him at 4th.

I'm not a fan of how they determine the finalists. They put so much stock in how many PIMS and points a player gets, so naturally defencemen would have a tough time getting a nom, and not to mention goalies too. Just not a great system IMO.

I'm not a fan of how they determine the finalists. They put so much stock in how many PIMS and points a player gets, so naturally defencemen would have a tough time getting a nom, and not to mention goalies too. Just not a great system IMO.

Agreed. The Lady Byng needs an overhaul in the voting system. It's a joke.

Archived