The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Flaw of this Team Does Not Lie Within Coaching

Hank Moody

I agree with a lot of it, but Luongo and kesler were a huge problem on this team and the organization is much better without them. Hopefully management underdstands, now, that this core is done and needs to be dismantled.....something MG shpould have done 2 years ago.

Exactly! Canucks are foing amazing without Luongo and Kesler! You nailed it!!!

I'll take the Kopitar I ordered years ago.

Sorry but the Top Line Store is all out of Kopitars. Pretty empty right now. There's a Sestito sitting in the corner covered in cobwebs and dust with an "reduced to clear" tag. Interested?

If you wanna end up like the Maple Leafs post lockout era than by all means "seethe" at everyone who wants to see a shake-up.If you don't think Horvat is putting in 100% effort than that's your opinion. Go tell all of us fans to cheer for another team and you can keep watching replays of the 2011 Cup run to convince yourself that this 2015 team could totally win the cup if it weren't for the refs.

If you were expecting to win the 2015 cup you were setting the bar a tad high. Making the playoffs was the goal. Accomplished.

Change is coming. we have more in the prospect pool right now than I've seen in over a decade. You said yourself you need to develop your young talent. That doesn't happen overnight. There will be more youth on the team next year. Then more again the year after. In the meantime we're still putting a team on the ice that can compete and is enjoyable to watch.

Patience grasshopper.

When the Sedins are so pathetic at just about everything besides offense they are expected to shoulder an extra load. I do agree that they haven't got much support, the lack of young offense on the team hasn't done them any favours other than uncontested powerplay ice time.

Regardless of whatever Luongo was off the ice he was a very good goalie on the ice and was very rarely a problem in the playoffs. Lots of people don't think too highly of Roy, Hasek and Brodeur off the ice but they were pretty good goalies.

The team controls who gets the C not Luongo.

Every significant goalie has given up bad goals in big situations including Miller, Lack and Schneider. It's not Luongo's fault the team was a mess, couldn't score and had injury problems.

I'll take the Kopitar I ordered years ago.

What exactly are the Sedin's pathetic at? They aren't bad defensively the only knock against them is they don't fight, but there are lots of guys around the NHL that don't fight.

And to say Luongo was rarely a problem in the playoffs is just wearing blinders. I'm really not a blame the goalie kind of guy but just off hand I can think of

07 Game 5 Loss to the ducks where he let one in to end the series because he was complaining to the ref about a Rob Neidermeyer Hit

09 (I think) Game 6 Meltdown vs Chicago where he let Patrick Kane get a hat-trick and subsequently cried during the post game

10 Game 6 Meltdown to Chicago where he was good in the first period got beat on a nice goal and turned into a seive

en route to a 5-1 Loss

2011 Games 3 4 6 and 7 vs Boston he flat out sucked

This is not even including the amount of times he's allowed the late goal in the playoffs. He is a textbook head-case

WD did make adjustments he didn't in previous games. .. the Sedin goal was a double shift. Move he needs to make here on in if we have any chance of winning series

Yeah, he did that, read Matthais as having a good game, and made good lineup decisions to start with. Gotta respect that he's willing to listen to criticism and change what isn't working.

Others have noted that a huge factor last night was Miller playing the puck on shoot-ins, which disrupted their forecheck and hitting. This looks to me like maybe the single biggest adjustment, even if it wasn't about coaching.

Others have noted that a huge factor last night was Miller playing the puck on shoot-ins, which disrupted their forecheck and hitting. This looks to me like maybe the single biggest adjustment, even if it wasn't about coaching.

Also led to Calgary's goal :lol:

I would prefer the Sedins ice time cut down and given to the real contributors of this team

The "real" contributors!? Who are they!? None in this team has more points in the playoff than the twins... Just curious who contributes more!? Or do we win the games by simply hitting our opponents? Out skating them? Or what does contribute mean?

By that I'm not saying they play great right now, but as long as no other play better, your statement is kind of weird... or?

Is the word you're looking for baffling? Or ignorant? Moronic? Counter to all logic?

You are incapable of making an argument without resorting to acting like a 12 year old :lol::lol:

It's actually hilarious watching you self-implode throughout this thread, keep it up.

"You will abide by MY IDEOLOGY!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: "

You are incapable of making an argument without resorting to acting like a 12 year old :lol::lol:

It's actually hilarious watching you self-implode throughout this thread, keep it up.

"You will abide by MY IDEOLOGY!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry: "

I'm self imploding? :blink: Funny I hadn't noticed :lol:

The guys who have some of the best Corsi in the entire playoffs and two of our leading scorers who kept us alive last night should be getting less ice time? Really? :picard:

It's you're "theory" that you see imploding.

I'm self imploding? :blink: Funny I hadn't noticed :lol:

The guys who have some of the best Corsi in the entire playoffs and two of our leading scorers who kept us alive last night should be getting less ice time? Really? :picard:

It's you're "theory" that you see imploding.

I didn't make the suggestion that they should have less ice time and I don't agree with what he said. I don't think the Sedins on a nightly basis are big enough threats to carry us to a Stanley Cup, but they're what we've got at this point in time and we need to ride that, it doesn't make sense to cut down their ice time now.

I just don't think spouting your mouth off calling others "moronic" for sharing their ideas is the best way to conduct yourself. That's childish

IMO because this team relies heavily on the top line, they need a coach who can adjust when the opponent starts to get comfortable shutting them down. In the past the attitude has been keep doing the same thing and hope it works.

The game last night was the first time in a long time which I though the coach made the changes needed to make it harder for the opponent, making them work to adjust.

I was frustrated with the coaches prior to last night's game. But last night was gutsy performance and the coaches deserve a lot of credit for it.

I didn't make the suggestion that they should have less ice time and I don't agree with what he said. I don't think the Sedins on a nightly basis are big enough threats to carry us to a Stanley Cup, but they're what we've got at this point in time and we need to ride that, it doesn't make sense to cut down their ice time now.

I just don't think spouting your mouth off calling others "moronic" for sharing their ideas is the best way to conduct yourself. That's childish

*Reading comprehension.

I called the statement moronic (and baffling, ignorant and counter to logic). Not the user.

You may not have called for reducing their ice time but you called out two of the best playoff performing players in the league for not doing enough. It doesn't exactly exude competent critical thinking.

*Reading comprehension.

I called the statement moronic (and baffling, ignorant and counter to logic). Not the user.

You may not have called for reducing their ice time but you called out two of the best playoff performing players in the league for not doing enough. It doesn't exactly exude competent critical thinking.

Right, and you have no right to call any statement moronic simply because it doesn't conform to your ideologies. This is an open forum where people can express their ideas, and sure while you can call any statement moronic, it makes you look childish at very best. It's okay to debate your ideals against somebody elses, but flat out calling what they believe "moronic" especially when they have not engaged you directly in any way is exactly what we need less of on this forum

Yes, I don't think the Sedins are the right players to get us to the Stanley Cup. They had a great performance last night and played very well, but we need that from them consistently and we don't get it. The reason why I don't think the Sedins are the "playoff warriors" a team needs to make it to the promised land is because when they're held off the score board they are rendered almost useless. Corsi Schmorsi handling the puck a lot and cycling behind the net doesn't do a lot of good unless they're actually getting onto the score sheet.

Whereas the cup winning teams in the past 5 years have their top players contribute in several ways aside from just putting up points, we rely on the Sedins to solely put up points. And when they don't, our top players are taken out of the picture.

2011 - Lucic and Marchand didn't need to score goals or points to make themselves known in the series. They were effective at getting under our skin and grinding our defensemen down.

2012 - The Kings had Brown, their captain, wreaking havoc on other players when he wasn't putting up points. A guy like Kopitar can just as effectively shut down the other teams top players as he can put up tons of points.

2013 - the Hawks have dynamic players in Kane and Sharp who burn teams with their speed and get tons of shots on net when the team is desperate and down, and their captain and arguably top player is also one of the best shutdown centers in the league.

2014 - Kings again.

My argument is that the Sedins need to put up a lot of points to give us a chance to win because they're our top players and our top players need to do their job well. If the Sedins play like they did last night every night, then sure, we're one of the best teams in these playoffs. But unfortunately, I don't think they do often enough. And therefore, with our lack of secondary scoring as well, we lose games we really should be winning.

That's my argument, my ideals. Now go ahead and ignore it and call it "moronic" but i'm allowed to have my own ideas that don't conform to yours

Right, and you have no right to call any statement moronic simply because it doesn't conform to your ideologies. This is an open forum where people can express their ideas, and sure while you can call any statement moronic, it makes you look childish at very best. It's okay to debate your ideals against somebody elses, but flat out calling what they believe "moronic" especially when they have not engaged you directly in any way is exactly what we need less of on this forum

Yes, I don't think the Sedins are the right players to get us to the Stanley Cup. They had a great performance last night and played very well, but we need that from them consistently and we don't get it. The reason why I don't think the Sedins are the "playoff warriors" a team needs to make it to the promised land is because when they're held off the score board they are rendered almost useless. Corsi Schmorsi handling the puck a lot and cycling behind the net doesn't do a lot of good unless they're actually getting onto the score sheet.

Whereas the cup winning teams in the past 5 years have their top players contribute in several ways aside from just putting up points, we rely on the Sedins to solely put up points. And when they don't, our top players are taken out of the picture.

2011 - Lucic and Marchand didn't need to score goals or points to make themselves known in the series. They were effective at getting under our skin and grinding our defensemen down.

2012 - The Kings had Brown, their captain, wreaking havoc on other players when he wasn't putting up points. A guy like Kopitar can just as effectively shut down the other teams top players as he can put up tons of points.

2013 - the Hawks have dynamic players in Kane and Sharp who burn teams with their speed and get tons of shots on net when the team is desperate and down, and their captain and arguably top player is also one of the best shutdown centers in the league.

2014 - Kings again.

My argument is that the Sedins need to put up a lot of points to give us a chance to win because they're our top players and our top players need to do their job well. If the Sedins play like they did last night every night, then sure, we're one of the best teams in these playoffs. But unfortunately, I don't think they do often enough. And therefore, with our lack of secondary scoring as well, we lose games we really should be winning.

That's my argument, my ideals. Now go ahead and ignore it and call it "moronic" but i'm allowed to have my own ideas that don't conform to yours

I hear you :) I'd also like to see them more consistent and scoring more.

Just hope you understood that my first comment was for the statement that we had better contributors (than the twins) on the team, which I highly doubt right now. (But that's just my own opinion.)

Archived